Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's what/how you explain it to them - ie. standard Tesla software available as an option. Churchill was for a 3LR+AB from April 2022
LV made no changes to our premium when notified of the addition of AB. They did ask if it is a standard option from the manufacturer. As has been noted the power rating stated on the V5C seems to overstate the actual power of the vehicle even after AB. That gives me additional comfort that adding AB isn’t putting the insurance at risk.

Reactions: busterboy
Finally took delivery from NEC today. Decided to keep the M3P for my better half to drive with the Elon tricks a few weeks ago wrecking the M3P trade in. Took it steady home, charged it and took my 6 year old daughter out for a spin. We did the good old standing start with foot right down…. And in her words “oh daddy it doesn’t tickle you like the other one does it” I know on paper it’s not far off, but it’s nowhere near in terms of thrusting you back into the seat and making you feel giddy like my M3P. I was wondering if all the software is saying it’s a performance model and it not being ?? Or are they really so far apart. As anyone else who’s had a M3P found the acceleration to be not quite hitting the guts?
I have come from an M3P to a MYP - the performance of the 3 is MUCH better than the Y - or seemingly so anyway - I put it down to extra weight & girth of the Y.......

I've just received mine before the weekend, I can't believe how much more room there seems to be ( and better built in my opinion).
So my previous M3P was called "Oblivion", decided the new MYP should be called "2 Oblivion":
PXL_20230327_112643609~3.jpg

Does anyone else's car not return the wheel to the middle when making small steering inputs.

See the video attached.

I know the steering inputs that I am making are small but the car makes no effort to move the wheel back to 12 and when driving on the motorway its pretty annoying that you have to constantly return the wheel to the centre manually.

My other cars all return to the centre regardless of how small the steering input is.

Also when turning the wheel to the right, you have to use a bit more force as you can see in this video there is like a jerk movement.

Does anyone else's car not return the wheel to the middle when making small steering inputs.

See the video attached.

I know the steering inputs that I am making are small but the car makes no effort to move the wheel back to 12 and when driving on the motorway its pretty annoying that you have to constantly return the wheel to the centre manually.

My other cars all return to the centre regardless of how small the steering input is.

Also when turning the wheel to the right, you have to use a bit more force as you can see in this video there is like a jerk movement.

Mine doesn't and nor have any previous cars - I'm not sure they're suppose to?

See the video attached.

Are you running the correct tyre pressures? I would say you need a wheel alignment check on that.

Do you find that driving fast is very difficult as you are constantly having to apply steering pressure even on mostly straight roads?
Yes, especially off the line, there's that much torque going through the tyres it takes a few split moments I feel for the car to sort itself out in which time I have to be mindful over the steering, more than I thought I would have to. I've not really noticed it on motorways though....

See the video attached.

Something not right there .
You are turning the wheel 5-10 degrees and the car is still driving virtually straight!

There must be something worn in the steering column or rack !