Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might just be the seating position, the M3P feels scary fast, I’m not doubting the 0-60 of 3.5 but compared to the M3P it feels very slow. Which I really wasn’t expecting. Hey on the plus side, it farts via an external speaker to passers by so what’s not to love!
I find I drive the MYP slower too for some reason, not sure why! Maybe because it feels less “chuckable”

But yes, farting on demand via the app is more fun than it should be 😂

Reactions: MartiMart
It might just be the seating position, the M3P feels scary fast, I’m not doubting the 0-60 of 3.5 but compared to the M3P it feels very slow. Which I really wasn’t expecting. Hey on the plus side, it farts via an external speaker to passers by so what’s not to love!
I know 0.4 seconds difference doesn’t sound like much but it is 10%. Combined with the higher seating position and it definitely feels less explosive.

Reactions: MartiMart
Does the Model S have pillar cams? They are the ones that I get the warnings on, either because there is no light (no light source like the rear/front cameras) or because sunlight is blinding the cameras.. Neither impacts AP as far as I've seen so far.

Also, my cameras are far from the quality of @Zedbox 's and I wonder if there is a problem with them, they appear to have a brownish tinge at all times.. Even in bright sunlight. I might raise a ticket on them..

Does the Model S have pillar cams? They are the ones that I get the warnings on, either because there is no light (no light source like the rear/front cameras) or because sunlight is blinding the cameras.. Neither impacts AP as far as I've seen so far.

Also, my cameras are far from the quality of @Zedbox 's and I wonder if there is a problem with them, they appear to have a brownish tinge at all times.. Even in bright sunlight. I might raise a ticket on them..
In good light conditions the front and rear on our cars have no brownish tinge. The side repeater cameras do distort the colour of the image and that is normal (expected with the current camera setup).

Biggest difference I noticed between M3P and MYP was the regen was way more severe in the 3, in a good way, my iPace has it too, the Y I needed the brakes, maybe its because its heavier or have they turned down the regen for everyone in the last year or so

From redit group
0F7C65E7-5816-49C3-B7F8-9DF41CE937A9.jpeg

I have the Long Rage with Acceleration Boost added.

Yes I have tried it and results are as expected just over 4 seconds for my particular car. 👍
View attachment 902840
Hi Did your insurance go up as its an upgrade, still deciding betwee LR+AB or just go for P, maybe they'd let me down spec to 20"s on both as im not sure about that low profile, more expensive all season/winter thing either

Hi Did your insurance go up as its an upgrade, still deciding betwee LR+AB or just go for P, maybe they'd let me down spec to 20"s on both as im not sure about that low profile, more expensive all season/winter thing either
I notified my insurance and they got back to me saying "No extra charge" 👍

I have heard other people have notified their insurance and have had a small premium to pay, I guess different insurers have different policies.🤔

My insurance did go up when i added AB to my M3LR. At that time there was a lot of confusion with insurance companies over this and most defaulted to treating it as an equivalent to an ICE remap to increase power and hence a mod.

When i bought my M3P i received a £175 refund

Reactions: busterboy
My insurance did go up when i added AB to my M3LR. At that time there was a lot of confusion with insurance companies over this and most defaulted to treating it as an equivalent to an ICE remap to increase power and hence a mod.

When i bought my M3P i received a £175 refund
I told each of my insurance companies that AB is a standard manufacturer option to remap the power curve & it results in safer overtaking which of course is an insurance benefit.

All three had no issue with this and added a note on my account without any requirement for a premium (DL, Churchill & Privilege)

I told each of my insurance companies that AB is a standard manufacturer option to remap the power curve & it results in safer overtaking which of course is an insurance benefit.

All three had no issue with this and added a note on my account without any requirement for a premium (DL, Churchill & Privilege)

Interesting i was with Churchill and my experience was different. This was a year ago and things may have changed.