Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the insight.

Have you bought any RHD Model Y floor mats? I'm finding it difficult to find ones that I can safely buy on Aliexpress.

Of the dozens and dozens of accessories I bought, floor mats weren't one, I like the stock carpet as they dry quick and dont smell even after me dragging my wet shoes in.

Model Y floor mats are actually hard to come by in RHD, i haven't seen any readily available but there are two places I've seen that will make customs, I can ask to get in contact with to see if they'll do Model Y (customers photos looks like RHD model 3s) and the cost.

One way to vary your search might be to include Macau and Hong Kong instead of RHD as they're technically China and are RHD territories, hope that helps you on aliexpress

Reactions: Maximillan
Of the dozens and dozens of accessories I bought, floor mats weren't one, I like the stock carpet as they dry quick and dont smell even after me dragging my wet shoes in.

Model Y floor mats are actually hard to come by in RHD, i haven't seen any readily available but there are two places I've seen that will make customs, I can ask to get in contact with to see if they'll do Model Y (customers photos looks like RHD model 3s) and the cost.

One way to vary your search might be to include Macau and Hong Kong instead of RHD as they're technically China and are RHD territories, hope that helps you on aliexpress
I’ve purchased these but haven’t arrived yet.
TAPTES RHD Tesla Model Y All Weather Floor Mats, 2022 2021 RHD Tesla Model Y Floor Liners

It's a joke, I don't think I've seen a single Tesla accessory that wasn't available for cheaper on Aliexpress.

Some drop shippers are so god damn lazy they use the same stock images as well. I called out some tool on Facebook about it and he blocked me 🤣
Aliexpress is a lottery. I’ve been burned a few times by crap being sold on there. These have had some reasonable reviews and there is a distinct lack of any quality RHD alternatives. Can’t stand the rubber mats, feels like you’re driving a troop carrier.

I don't mind people trying to make a quid, all for it. I just won't be paying anyone who does add value and overcharge.

below are the bunch of stuff I've ordered, most of the stuff I've already had for the M3

Best i could do with descriptions haha... so are most of these unused and still in their boxes? Yes. But are the ones in use good? Most of them Yes.
Did I go a bit crazy buying everything? Also Yes.

RHD windscreen wipers
Brighter cabin lights
Behind the centre screen items tray
Centre sliding console tray
White latex mat for wireless charger
Under bonnet rain cover (strip)
Rain cover for door frame
Mirror covers
Kick pads for doors x 4
External side camera covers
Internal handle storage trays
White leather seat covers
CF spoiler
Front/Back Boot + mini boot rubber liners
Front Grill insect/leaf guard
Tesla emblem puddle lights
Foglight spoilers
Swivel bracket for centre screen
Internal roof shades
Rim scratch covers
Small screen display
Steering wheel cover
Mudflaps
CF indicator shells
USB hub for sliding door console
Headlights protective wrap
Screen protector for centre screen gloss and matte
Key Card case
Cup holder divider + mould
Front Boot organiser
Centre console under holder
HEPA filter
Door lock covers/sound dampeners
Tyre air caps
Model Y underseat organiser

Last edited:
I don't mind people trying to make a quid, all for it. I just won't be paying anyone who does add value and overcharge.

below are the bunch of stuff I've ordered, most of the stuff I've already had for the M3

Best i could do with descriptions haha... so are most of these unused and still in their boxes? Yes. But are the ones in use good? Most of them Yes.

RHD windscreen wipers
Brighter cabin lights
Mirror covers
Kick pads for doors x 4
CF spoiler
Foglight spoilers
Internal roof shades
Rim scratch covers
Small screen display
Steering wheel cover
Mudflaps
CF indicator shells
Key Card case
Front Boot organiser
HEPA filter
Tyre air caps
Is this your spare room?

1658726673120.jpeg

Thanks for the insight.

Have you bought any RHD Model Y floor mats? I'm finding it difficult to find ones that I can safely buy on Aliexpress.

I have ordered these off eBay. Haven't received them yet but found the price competitive. Delivery times are long so probably coming from China anyway.

I get my staff in China to buy from Taobao or direct from factories (if they can be found) a lot of them have popped up dedicated to EVs as their market is immense. Taobao being essentially a retail platform has advantages of reviews on retailers and items (there are plenty of fake reviews to validate) and other customers listing the pros and cons.

Most of the online retailers I've I would classify as drop shippers as their pricing is not competitive at all.

I'm about to order another batch, essentially repeating my M3 order for the MY, the smaller stuff can be airshipped and is very competitive on pricing and take about 5-10 business days, larger items like mats or white leather seat covers need to be sea freight (6-8 weeks delivery time) as the cost becomes ridiculous.

I'm based in Sydney and would be happy to proxy if a few people are interested.

That's very kind offer! Wish I was in Sydney as I would take you up on it but the postage from Sydney to Perth would probably negate any benefits.

RHD windscreen wipers
Brighter cabin lights
Mirror covers
Kick pads for doors x 4
CF spoiler
Foglight spoilers
Internal roof shades
Rim scratch covers
Small screen display
Steering wheel cover
Mudflaps
CF indicator shells
Key Card case
Front Boot organiser
HEPA filter
Tyre air caps
No judgement but i think you kind of went crazy on accessories, you have more accessories than total components in car I guess : P . telsa doors already have light pointing down why you need those battery emblem one's

alliwantisaY

below is for you, I couldn't work out how to quote properly so this is the best I can do haha.

I've listed Sydney as it's easier for logistics but more importantly it's easier for accountability, as in people can come to me easier if there are issues with stuff.

I can actually have stuff sent to you direct in Perth, but it's a trust thing and I'm basically a stranger from the internet haha. Feel free to ask me what you things you'd like and I'll do what I can to help, could send you a link and you and someone you know who speaks Chinese could help too

Reactions: alliwantisaY
i went for a test drive yesterday , that's something I noticed and I didn't know about previous. i was planning to buy those but no longer required now .
Right, I forgot to mention that list is basically what I bought for my M3, and I would be getting most of it again for the MY but not all.

Essentially listing items I've received that I know are decent in quality so if anyone wanted something I have first hand experience with :)

Attachments

• PXL_20220804_044137660.jpg
    PXL_20220804_044137660.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 92
Hi All, might be a bit early with model y just coming out but anyone kniw of any third party tow bar for the model y? Tesla shop have them for $1970, which is a premium but includes the towing app as well.

Thing is, i won’t be towing any trailer, just bike racks. Seems like an overkill to spend 2k on just a bike rack hitch, esp when we just installed one in our kluger for $800 only… didn’t realise how expensive of a premium model y is. (Note, kluger will be sold off to pay for the model y)

I heard there’s 3rd party hitch for model 3 but not sure on the y