Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y coming next week.

Looking for roof rack. Tell shop is out of order.

Any recommendations?

Did anyone order from this website? I'm looking for floor mats for Y but do not want wait 2 months from ali express

if use third party tow bar, it is out of warranty. I heard.

It is true?
The other thing I am trying to find out as well is how much for installation - that price is only for the towbar I think, not including installation. I did hear you may be able to install it yourself (no drilling, etc) but I don't have a lot of confidence in doing that level of self installation :p

Thing is, if the installation cost is $200-300, it bring it to ~400 bucks different compared to Tesla OEM. That's within territory of "is it worth it" (and the answer might swing both ways depending on individual circumstances)

I’m still waiting on my mats from AliExpress. I ordered them almost two months ago.
You started a messaging chat with the seller? I have been getting default responses that the purchase has been made. Not had any seller ignore me - yet!
I also buy from sellers that had a higher number of sales on a particular item. Also, sometimes items genuinely do get lost. Once an item passes through say about 8 sorting / dispatching facilities the lost rate does go up. One seller refunded me and one just send the item again.
Just think, not too long ago none of this buying method was even possible.

Wow, I can save 10% on consumption when driving "at high speed". 😆
There seems to be an unhealthy amount of stuff you are suppose glue onto your car - till comes off "at high speed" and hits another car or worse - human. And, if you venture down this road - m sure your insurer has thoughts about this!!!

• Funny
Reactions: mike_j
Reactions: Maximillan
Ya, it's pricey. All these accessories are adding up quickly.

I think another thing I am concerned about is the significant frame and I wonder if it still feels nice and open when the sunshade is stored. I guess this is hard to tell unless actually trying it out.

Yeah way too pricey IMO

Probably just going to get this one here but would likely only use it when the little one is having a nap in the back

AU $19.76 40%OFF | For Tesla Model Y 2022 Accessories Shade Net Roof Skylight Shades Protector Sunshade Car Sun Visor Sun Shade 2017-2021 New

Yeah way too pricey IMO

Probably just going to get this one here but would likely only use it when the little one is having a nap in the back

AU $19.76 40%OFF | For Tesla Model Y 2022 Accessories Shade Net Roof Skylight Shades Protector Sunshade Car Sun Visor Sun Shade 2017-2021 New
This one looks nice. I've only bought the arm rest racks and side door box thing (the one you can just slot into the door handles) for now. Most of the accessories are really priced up because it is "made for teslas".

I want to get the car first then see which one I really need.

on the list:

- UMC holder: pending me seeing if I got studs close by the charge port in the garage.
- Floor mats: Have not found reasonably priced ones just yet. Might use the standard one for a bit and keep searching
- Trunk (front and back) mat: Same reason as above
- sun shade: gonna see if we can do without, but conscious summer is going to be here soon so this one is a bit of a priority now.
- Mud guard: was not even looking, but saw how much dirt and stone chips the car would get
- Tinting: must have for the front, waiting for the EDD date be finalised
- PPF: Still not sure...
- Towbar: most likely would have to get this... weighting the 3rd party option given here a few days ago vs. OEM.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
This one looks nice. I've only bought the arm rest racks and side door box thing (the one you can just slot into the door handles) for now. Most of the accessories are really priced up because it is "made for teslas".

I want to get the car first then see which one I really need.

on the list:

- UMC holder: pending me seeing if I got studs close by the charge port in the garage.
- Floor mats: Have not found reasonably priced ones just yet. Might use the standard one for a bit and keep searching
- Trunk (front and back) mat: Same reason as above
- sun shade: gonna see if we can do without, but conscious summer is going to be here soon so this one is a bit of a priority now.
- Mud guard: was not even looking, but saw how much dirt and stone chips the car would get
- Tinting: must have for the front, waiting for the EDD date be finalised
- PPF: Still not sure...
- Towbar: most likely would have to get this... weighting the 3rd party option given here a few days ago vs. OEM.
Yeah I think I will wait until I get the car before ordering anything really.

The list of "maybe" items is
  • mats. Want to see the original ones first before this
  • mudflaps. Only ones ive found so far are pretty ugly. Kind of want to see them installed on someone elses car first
  • screen protector. Not for scratches but for oily grubby fingers. Again see how it goes after some use
I will very likely order the sunshade and also the two-piece frunk storage bags before delivery.

The only thing that I have actually ordered is a front lip solely for aesthetic reasons.

Accessories I've planned on getting for an Australian order due FEB 2023. MYSR Black 20"

From Tesla
Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector 7.3m $750 AUD + Installation Fee
Key Fob $235 AUD
Key Band $30 AUD
Glass Roof Sunshade $170 AUD
Center Console Trays $30 AUD
Trunk Storage Bins $ 120 AUD

Aftermarket
PPF Matte Wrap $3,068.74 USD. Self install. I've done a few and honestly they're not too hard with some patience.
Teslarati Mud Flaps $49.95 USD. Set of 4. Front and Back
Rim/Curb Protectors ~$15 AUD for a 8m strip from Ali express
Spigen Matte Screen Protector $100 AUD
Spigen Magsafe Car Mount $90 AUD

Undecided
Rear Trunk / Front Trunk / Rear Well / Floor mats - OEM or aftermarket? I hear 3D MAXpider's are amazing but they'll be a tad more expensive. Tesla doesn't offer All-Weather Driver/Passenger and Rear floor mats as yet - a shame.

Definitely not getting these but has anyone actually used calliper covers? Heaps of aftermarket products out there. Thoughts?

Hi All, might be a bit early with model y just coming out but anyone kniw of any third party tow bar for the model y? Tesla shop have them for $1970, which is a premium but includes the towing app as well.

Thing is, i won’t be towing any trailer, just bike racks. Seems like an overkill to spend 2k on just a bike rack hitch, esp when we just installed one in our kluger for $800 only… didn’t realise how expensive of a premium model y is. (Note, kluger will be sold off to pay for the model y)

I heard there’s 3rd party hitch for model 3 but not sure on the y
Spoke to a Tesla rep in Sydney about 2 weeks ago. The hitch upgrade/addition is due to come soon (no idea when) but it'll just be a service with the Tesla shop. Also note, after market hitches will void your warranty. Definitely something to consider.

If someone hasn't said it already, buy new puddle lights, the ones that come with Tesla's are pretty average. The same lights can be used in the boot area as well. It only takes a few mins to change each one.
I agree with the puddle lights, however I'm not sure that they can be used for the Y as it appears to have a very bright spot light type set up in the hatch. If you're getting a 3, then definitely consider getting the LED lights as the 3 boot needs better lighting.