Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y and MyQ garage door opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model Y and a MyQ Wi-Fi garage door opener. I found this page with instructions to set it up but my vehicle doesn’t show this option under “locks”.

Did anyone here get this to work? Is that a current feature in 2022.28.x?

Many thanks!

5BAA139B-C8DD-4489-90B6-3FE974DB3390.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
The MyQ web pages states that the Tesla integration is currently available for selected Model 3, Model Y vehicles that do not have Homelink installed. It sounds like the MyQ integration is in beta release.

Homelink now costs $350 (one time charge, installed.) The new MyQ Tesla garage door integration costs $179, this works out to ~$3 per month over 5 years. Arguably a better deal if you believe you will be selling or trading your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y vehicle within 5 years.

Last edited:
I have MyQ garage door opener and app. It is not as reliable as Tesla ones, and it is very slow to response.
I hate how it forces the thing to blink for 10 seconds... And if you block the sensor accidentally, you can no longer remotely activate it, you are forced to use the wall switch or actual remote. So most of the time if I want to remotely trigger the door, I use the Tesla app to activate via homelink.

Reactions: jsight
Thanks everybody for the feedback. So it looks like this is an upcoming feature, not a current one.

I’m not a fan of the MyQ app and I’d love to be able to use this directly from my dash vs. fumbling with my phone on the drive home.

Totally understand if someone isn’t willing to pay for this, I would be and I was wondering if someone has figured out how to get the option to show up on the dash.

This would be great to have. I use MyQ everyday and have always wanted Homelink but for a long time it was out of stock and eventually I just gave up/forgot about it.

Using the good ‘ol tried and true garage opener is not a problem but having this tech available on my phone and not in my “computer on wheels” technologically advanced car has always bothered me. Glad this is now getting some attention.

Now it’s just the waiting game - “two weeks” (or more) until it hits my car.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. So it looks like this is an upcoming feature, not a current one.

I’m not a fan of the MyQ app and I’d love to be able to use this directly from my dash vs. fumbling with my phone on the drive home.

Totally understand if someone isn’t willing to pay for this, I would be and I was wondering if someone has figured out how to get the option to show up on the dash.
I contacted Tesla regarding this feature and they were completely clueless about it even existing.
Then an hour later I got an update saying that “it will be available soon”

Who knows..

Looks like the car SW needs to be newer than 2022.24.8 for this to show up?
Figure I'll give it a try, also motivated me to get the garage opener off the visor and finally stick it behind the screen.
Will NOT spend the money for homelink.

why not spend the money on homelink
Because it stays with the car, like AB, EAP, FSD, and whatever else will come along....(I know there is a hardware part, but...) and SHOULD have been included with a 60K car. I've drawn I line in the sand.

Besides, integration of a phone this should all be moot anyway - "Smartphone like" and all (a relatively easy script).

Because it stays with the car, like AB, EAP, FSD, and whatever else will come along....(I know there is a hardware part, but...) and SHOULD have been included with a 60K car. I've drawn I line in the sand.

Besides, integration of a phone this should all be moot anyway - "Smartphone like" and all (a relatively easy script).
lol i know plenty of cars over 100k that dont come standard with garage door openers with homelink, i always find this argument very pointless, different car companies have different priorities of whats standard and whats not, heck at the time my 115k porsche didnt come with blind spot monitoring standard LOL