Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y being "quietly recalled" for bad suspension bushings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a load of crap.

There may or may not be an issue. We have no VIN numbers, no window of who should be concerned about it, no reports of actual failures...

... we do have 5 paragraphs of nonsense interpreting a vague tweet though!

If there is an actual issue, this story is zero help.

Reactions: thinktwice
I took my 2020 MYLR in for service yesterday on a frunk latch sensor issue. When I dropped the car off the service guy informed me there was a service document calling for the replacement of the AC refrigerant pressure / temperature sensors which they could take care of at the same time.

When I received to final invoice it showed that they had also taken care of another service document issue, resealing front upper control arm ball joints. The correction was "reseal area around both front upper control arm ball joints with urethane." They show that this service document pertains to both model Y and model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: mark95476
What a load of crap.

There may or may not be an issue. We have no VIN numbers, no window of who should be concerned about it, no reports of actual failures...

... we do have 5 paragraphs of nonsense interpreting a vague tweet though!

If there is an actual issue, this story is zero help.
The poorly written article, that also doesnt show that is earlier Y models only(as far as I have heard). The media hates the Tesla, almost as much has i hate the fake media :p

If you have squeaking or groaning in the front suspension, the SC will replace the control arms. You can tell by leaving it in park and moving the steering wheel slightly to the left and right. It'll make a sound that is clearly not coming from the tires but more up and inside the suspension. Mine started doing it right around 10,000 miles. They replaced both the left and right side too.

Wow, that might be one of the most hyperbolic articles I've ever read about Tesla, and that's saying something. Too bad that Tesla is still having suspension reliability issues, but yikes at that author.

I took my 2020 MYLR in for service yesterday on a frunk latch sensor issue. When I dropped the car off the service guy informed me there was a service document calling for the replacement of the AC refrigerant pressure / temperature sensors which they could take care of at the same time.

When I received to final invoice it showed that they had also taken care of another service document issue, resealing front upper control arm ball joints. The correction was "reseal area around both front upper control arm ball joints with urethane." They show that this service document pertains to both model Y and model 3.
When mine was in the SC these two items were also on my invoice. They told me about the sensor, didn’t mention the other.

My SC told me that my A/C sensors will be replaced on the next visit, but to date, and now almost 16K miles and 15+ months of ownership, VIN 9xxx, everything A/C and suspension-wise works like it should. I'm almost afraid to have the SC take anything apart! The only "issue" with my A/C system is that the passenger side vents cannot be manually turned off when someone is sitting in the passenger seat, but that is "by design".

Reactions: whisperingshad
Hmm, given that just about everyone who has taken their Model Y for service recently has quietly had the service center perform some type of service to the front steering control arms/joints it sounds like there probably is something going on. Maybe they're hoping to avoid a formal recall (which is probably quite expensive and is probably considered "bad" press).

Reactions: thinktwice
I am having problems with my frunk sensor for the past 6-8 months and inspite of visiting Tesla Body Shop as directed by Tesla SC , they have not been able to fix it. Now Tesla SC has booked me with the Factory , so I will have to take a the car to Tesla Fremont factory next week for getting the fix.

I had frunk sensor difficulties for several months. Initially the actuator was replaced, but that did not help. The SC then ordered a new wiring harness, and told me they would need "at least a day" for the repair. When I picked up the car, they told me they had spoken with upper level tech support and opted to check and tighten the frunk sensor's ground connection. That was a month ago, and the problem has not recurred.

Hmm, given that just about everyone who has taken their Model Y for service recently has quietly had the service center perform some type of service to the front steering control arms/joints it sounds like there probably is something going on. Maybe they're hoping to avoid a formal recall (which is probably quite expensive and is probably considered "bad" press).
Are you joking? Do you have info that proves that "just about everyone" has had this "secret recall" work done??????

I'd love to see a source for that info, except for the sensationalist article that prompted this entire thread.

Reactions: CapsEngineer