Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the check-in call from Tesla Montreal today and I only placed my Model Y order on April 29. Nothing new -- expecting deliveries to start "mid 2020". He said production was re-starting tomorrow, but looking at the news, that doesn't seem so sure.

I got the check-in call from Tesla Montreal today and I only placed my Model Y order on April 29. Nothing new -- expecting deliveries to start "mid 2020". He said production was re-starting tomorrow, but looking at the news, that doesn't seem so sure.
Ya it seems like TESLA is trying to open using the state governors guidance but the city mayor is trying to hold him back.

Not sure what jurisdiction the factory falls under.

It'll be tomorrow or in two weeks I assume but I have nothing to back up that feeling.

We're getting so close though.

Hopefully they've had time to improve the production and fix some of the problems that have arisen from the first batch of vehicles...*fingers crossed*
That'd be awesome. Unlikely, but awesome ;).

Also looking like the county is pushing to stay closed until June 1. If that ends up being the case, we're probably pushing Canadian deliveries out to September unfortunately. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I'm assuming from the lack of activity in this thread that we're all still waiting for that exciting call for Canadian deliveries ... I'm bursting with anticipation to get my call and delivery date!

If anyone gets the call before me, can you ask and let me know if a trailer hitch can be added to the order without having it affect the pre order price? I'll love to add the hitch, roof rack and homelink to the order all at the same time.

I'm assuming from the lack of activity in this thread that we're all still waiting for that exciting call for Canadian deliveries ... I'm bursting with anticipation to get my call and delivery date!

If anyone gets the call before me, can you ask and let me know if a trailer hitch can be added to the order without having it affect the pre order price? I'll love to add the hitch, roof rack and homelink to the order all at the same time.
When I got the courtesy call from Tesla Montreal (just saying cars will start shipping mid-2020), I asked if my price would change if some new feature came out before my delivery and I wanted to add it to my car. He said it would depend on what was being added, but the example he gave was a customer who wanted to add the trailer hitch and had to pay the new price. So yes, adding the hitch will mean redoing your order at the current pricing. You could ask (or guess) what it will cost to add the hitch after delivery and then decide which approach is cheaper. But the main message is if you want to modify your order, talk to your delivery person and find out what the price impact will be.

The roof rack and Homelink kit are Tesla store items independent of your car order so you can buy them any time. The Homelink kit price includes installation by Tesla.

I asked Montreal the same thing. The price does change if you make any changes, including adding the tow hitch. It can be added after delivery, but I think it requires a service appointment.
Waiting impatiently in Ottawa...

Are you picking up in Ottawa or is TO the only Ontario location?
When I spoke to the person who called me about the delay, I asked if I would be getting a home delivery. He said that there is a service center in Ottawa that is being converted to a sales center (several people where in Montreal for training) but that since I was probably flagged as a home delivery at order that I might still get that. At this point I don't think any of use know.

When I spoke to the person who called me about the delay, I asked if I would be getting a home delivery. He said that there is a service center in Ottawa that is being converted to a sales center (several people where in Montreal for training) but that since I was probably flagged as a home delivery at order that I might still get that. At this point I don't think any of use know.
Thanks for the info. The Ottawa SC would be a good option to see in the future.