Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a trade in, home delivery will either bring your new car to you on a truck, and take your trade back with them, or if they drive your car to you, they will drive the trade back with them.
If they offer to drive my car to me I'll revert to a center delivery and make the drive. I'm not a fan of having km added to my news cars that weren't added by me. In that scenario, a day drive to toronto wouldn't be out of the question for me.

If they offer to drive my car to me I'll revert to a center delivery and make the drive. I'm not a fan of having km added to my news cars that weren't added by me. In that scenario, a day drive to toronto wouldn't be out of the question for me.

Understand, but no matter, you will still have the same mileage on your car when you get home as you would if they drove it over.

Tesla seems to be happy to work out delivery logistics for their customers. Even if you are eligible for home delivery, they usually will be happy to have you come in to a delivery center to do your pickup.
lol I'm sure they would prefer that also.
Is a service center the same as a showroom when we're talking about deliveries? Is yes, it appears that there is one in my city. I know it's not a showroom, but maybe they still use it for pick up ...

Unfortunately any discounts you'd be able to arrange I'd blow in travel and hotel from Ottawa ;) I noticed there are 2 others in Ottawa that ordered Ys from the google doc ... not sure 3 cars will have much negotiation power.
Do you believe you will need to go to TO to pick it up? I was wondering if the new service center on Carling would be an option for pick up and wonder if you have any insight? Tesla chat told me only stores and I believe Carling is only a service centre. I would much prefer Ottawa to TO for my destination. I am 350 km away just under that magic 220 miles by a couple of KM. If it is not an electric transport save the diesel and we will come and get it.

Edit: Sorry just read you are scratching your head on this one also. I was informed service centres (Ottawa) is a no go but that was a type chat.

Last edited:
lol I'm sure they would prefer that also.
Is a service center the same as a showroom when we're talking about deliveries? Is yes, it appears that there is one in my city. I know it's not a showroom, but maybe they still use it for pick up ...
No, a Delivery Center is where the cars are prepped and delivered to customers. My experience is that they are separate from Service Centers and Showrooms. There may be some locations where Tesla has combined some of these functions into one center, but I haven't seen it.

But yeah, If from Ottawa then I guess you wont save that much. But if you are still planning to get it done, let me know(if you want to) what they quote you in Ottawa.

he said it will be $5200 for full PPF and around $1700 for ceramic.

I was planning to go for front PPF and ceramic for the whole car
I'm still on the fence with PPF/Ceramic coating, but please keep me updated! I would be interested in what your quote for the front & ceramic would be!

Cheers!

I'm still on the fence with PPF/Ceramic coating, but please keep me updated! I would be interested in what your quote for the front & ceramic would be!

Cheers!
Frankly speaking, get it done.
I'm pretty sure most of us have the means to get it done.
almost a 100k car and it will be worth it.

He quoted front PPF would be $1750
Ceramic for the whole car is $1500

He can give discount for 2 cars or more.
More the cars, better the discount.
and believe me, he is the best and I'm pretty sure you wont get a professional doing it for cheaper than this

Last edited:
Frankly speaking, get it done.
I'm pretty sure most of us have the means to get it done.
almost a 100k car and it will be worth it.

He quoted front PPF would be $1750
Ceramic for the whole car is $1500

He can give discount for 2 cars or more.
More the cars, better the discount.
and believe me, he is the best and I'm pretty sure you wont get a professional doing it for cheaper than this
Oooooo!!! That's not terrible pricing actually, and with the possibility of further discounting, I might be swayed. Please keep me in the loop!

Where is this shop?

Oh, I thought Tesla was gonna consider an early March delivery for Quebec residents as the incentive ends on April 1st for 60k+ EVs? :\ That's a bummer

I think they are actually going to deliver in quebec by the beggining of April.

Few people have spotted a truck carrying Model Y's between kitchener and Woodstock.

few more spotted the same truck(I guess) near belleville.

guess quebec residents are going to get it. which is great news!

ceramic pro toronto is the name.
it's in etobicoke, by the queensway.
Major intersection would be the queensway and park lawn.

I will definetly keep you in the loop.
Thanks! Place looks legit. Google Maps it and I recall passing by it when I used to work in the west end. I think I'm officially giving up on the 20" Induction wheels. Probably a lost cause anyways with the Toronto potholes. I'll invest those savings on some paint protection :p.

Thanks! Place looks legit. Google Maps it and I recall passing by it when I used to work in the west end. I think I'm officially giving up on the 20" Induction wheels. Probably a lost cause anyways with the Toronto potholes. I'll invest those savings on some paint protection :p.

That was my plan too.

I will start a thread regarding PPF and ceramic when our Y's are closer to delivery.
If anyone else is intrested to join, they will.
more the people, more the discount.