Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are you all getting your VIN numbers? I'm overseas until early July, so I don't have a local number to text. I've been pestering Jean-Michel at Montreal Tesla- he said he hasn't gotten it yet... Anyway, I've been told that I cannot get insurance until I have a VIN. Has this been everyone else's experience?
I’m also waiting to get my VIN before finalizing my insurance, its not possible without it. I called to get a quote from my insurance but thats as far as you can get without the VIN. My sales person in Montreal has not been helpful at all during this process...

How are you all getting your VIN numbers? I'm overseas until early July, so I don't have a local number to text. I've been pestering Jean-Michel at Montreal Tesla- he said he hasn't gotten it yet... Anyway, I've been told that I cannot get insurance until I have a VIN. Has this been everyone else's experience?
If you check the source code of the webpage you may be able to see your VIN. This is how most found it.

I’m also waiting to get my VIN before finalizing my insurance, its not possible without it. I called to get a quote from my insurance but thats as far as you can get without the VIN. My sales person in Montreal has not been helpful at all during this process...
You can upload your insurance slip for your existing cars.
Don't need one specifically for the Tesla.
After you receive the VIN then you can get insurance for the Tesla

You don t need do put your insurance just when you have your vin and your delivery date trust me I have my model y and did put my insurance the day before delivery

Yes sir!
Below is what I received today, last Sunday it was a text saying it was supposed to be built in the next 7 days, now this. That's a very tight timeline, no vin as of yet, however this is promising!

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/25 - 6/28 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.
I got the same text Sunday, Jun 21st, around 7:00 PM (Vancouver time).

Just got my VIN, MVPA and delivery appointment (June 30) at the same time. The VIN wasn't in the source code last night. No email, call or text yet. Ordered April 29 2020. Config is in my signature.

When I ordered, I was guessing I'd get my car in November. June is better, as long as the car is in good shape!

Just got my VIN, MVPA and delivery appointment (June 30) at the same time. The VIN wasn't in the source code last night. No email, call or text yet. Ordered April 29 2020. Config is in my signature.

When I ordered, I was guessing I'd get my car in November. June is better, as long as the car is in good shape!
Hey congrats! I guess you don't need to come look at mine on Friday anymore ;)