Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN in source code now. This after getting the sunday text about 6/26- 6/29 delivery. Sadly VIN is in the 12K range, which makes me suspect a previously refused VIN, but will still look forward to checking it out if indeed I hear from them soon

VIN in source code now. This after getting the sunday text about 6/26- 6/29 delivery. Sadly VIN is in the 12K range, which makes me suspect a previously refused VIN, but will still look forward to checking it out if indeed I hear from them soon
Although others have thought that, we've seen lower VINs (11xxx) than what others are seeing (15xxx) and that car was in great shape. Although we can't be certain, the one example we have makes us think it's not the case.

Just bring your checklist.

Although others have thought that, we've seen lower VINs (11xxx) than what others are seeing (15xxx) and that car was in great shape. Although we can't be certain, the one example we have makes us think it's not the case.

Yes, and interestingly, I called a sales advisor and he checked the status of the car, and it was listed as still in the factory and not produced yet. So maybe there is something to the "the VINs aren't sequential" rumour.

Yes, and interestingly, I called a sales advisor and he checked the status of the car, and it was listed as still in the factory and not produced yet. So maybe there is something to the "the VINs aren't sequential" rumour.
That's what I've been saying. I followed it closely when waiting for my 3, and they would jump around the thousands, but there would be some sequential in the ones and ten digits. A VIN doesn't matter for anything other than indicating you're getting a car in the next week or two.

Do not know how Tesla making cars, normally cars are made in sequential orders at Body Shop and stamped with VIN# on the body of the car at Body Shop, then keep them in bank for Paint Shop, then to Trim Line for Assembly.

If there is no issue with the Built Date (older date) for early VIN, it could be just Body Shop releases cars to Paint randomly, or some problem with car body that holds it longer to next step.

Just picked up MY today at 13:00 in Montreal. Had my check list with me and took at least 90 minutes to go over. Brought it over to Valkyrie PPF to wrap and all.

Frunk wide gap on the passenger side
Passenger door to tight and is chipping away at the paint
Tail gate would not open by itself needed help and gaps all around are wide
Headlight driver's side was not flush and needs to be fixed with the fender
Taillights are definitely not flush and gaps very wide
Door to charger is not flush needs to align with the taillights
Inside gap at sky roof finish very wide

Paint was surprisingly better than I was expecting. All and all very nice card drives with one pedal like a dream. Don't know why brake pedal exists. My wife is very happy with her gidt

Yes absolutly my vin is in 11xxx and I found nothing yet and the people who are doing my ppf tild me if they see anything they tell right away and nothing was found I think Tesla is taking those issues very seriously

Just picked up MY today at 13:00 in Montreal. Had my check list with me and took at least 90 minutes to go over. Brought it over to Valkyrie PPF to wrap and all.

Frunk wide gap on the passenger side
Passenger door to tight and is chipping away at the paint
Tail gate would not open by itself needed help and gaps all around are wide
Headlight driver's side was not flush and needs to be fixed with the fender
Taillights are definitely not flush and gaps very wide
Door to charger is not flush needs to align with the taillights
Inside gap at sky roof finish very wide

Paint was surprisingly better than I was expecting. All and all very nice card drives with one pedal like a dream. Don't know why brake pedal exists. My wife is very happy with her gidt
You have the grey one? I have the blue one at Valkyrie ppf

You were so right! delivery date set, Thursday the 25th at 1!!!!

I was going to reply to the message you posted a few days ago lol
You were 100% correct! The voice of reason, believe it or not you helped me feel much better about things, thanks! :)
Now I need to clean the car I have sold, the buyers are coming tomorrow, this just all happened so fast. Funny how some people have weeks notice for delivery and some have 2 days...o_O
Awesome!!! Worked out in the end is all that matters

That's what I've been saying. I followed it closely when waiting for my 3, and they would jump around the thousands, but there would be some sequential in the ones and ten digits. A VIN doesn't matter for anything other than indicating you're getting a car in the next week or two.
Dontblinkdoc is right!!!
Just saw a white y, awd, 12xxx mfg jun 10!!!
As previously reported, we had 11xxx on june 4 and 15xxx on june 9!!!
I have pics to prove but dont want to expose full VINs at delivery center. Also this white, unlike the 15xxx didnt have the mismatched driver door paint.

Yes I got the 5 pieces which means you don't get both frunk and trunk box. I think you get the frunk only and cargo mat obviously.
Personally I would rather rear box mat - don't plan on using frunk - so flimsy and awkward to close - and finger prints.
Yes I think that is realy the best what you took but with the itch,ppf ceramic paint,thule bike racj and extention..... Mat another 700$cad with shipping and exchange it s like ouf beginning tto ve expensive but I can assure you those 3d max are very superbe they rellygo worh that car finish no doubt. I will surely take them just a mather of digesting the whole price of everythin lol