Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lord have mercy, I have a VIN!!! just popped up 19XXX, and I mean just, as I have been checking constantly!
Congrats this mean your car is in transit less then 2 weeks. I am getting my car back this afternoon. I only did 30km with it and have not seen it since friday. I will tell you the production date so with we will have a good idea of the transport time. Got my vin June 8 and probably the car made June 3 and got it June 20 in Montreal. You are a day less then me for transport. Just it may depend holiday etc

Congrats this mean your car is in transit less then 2 weeks. I am getting my car back this afternoon. I only did 30km with it and have not seen it since friday. I will tell you the production date so with we will have a good idea of the transport time. Got my vin June 8 and probably the car made June 3 and got it June 20 in Montreal. You are a day less then me for transport. Just it may depend holiday etc
Thanks! I would think I am on track for this week!
Do you have a road trip planned for today? 30km was a tease!

Funny dream last night ...

I dreamt that I got my car and didn't see any deficiencies. I took the car straight to tint and PPF. Once completed I took it back to my garage where I proceeded to do a few more things when I identified that the paint on the front and rear doors where different shades. I was obviously upset but then I realized that this was a white Model Y and I had ordered the Blue! I checked the serial number on the car and sure enough it didn't match mine. I then woke up before I returned the car LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: sckor
I wonder if its because I didn’t get FSD that I am not getting a VIN? I ordered Feb 5th and no vin in source code or any communication from Tesla with an estimated production/delivery date. I mean I am ready for my car, I already have the Jeda USB hub, Tasmanian floor mats, screen protector from abstract ocean and a centre console wrap... I really just need the car to put these things to use.

yikes! august is quite far. Is there a preorder list where you sign up so they ship it when its ready? I see they also have a costco link of sorts where you verify you are a member, for better pricing I would hope.
Re. 3D mats : Talked to Teslarati - I'm on the list - says early August and that if there's enough interest in Canada - he would set up a distributor to save on all our shipping ( $100 USD )

Last edited:
Just got my VIN, MVPA and delivery appointment (June 30) at the same time. The VIN wasn't in the source code last night. No email, call or text yet. Ordered April 29 2020. Config is in my signature.

When I ordered, I was guessing I'd get my car in November. June is better, as long as the car is in good shape!
How were you notified since you haven’t been contacted via phone/email? In your account only? So odd how its different for each person!

Change of plans... I'm not getting my car next Tuesday after all.

It turns out that the only way to pick up a car in Ottawa is to sign the MVPA and pay by wire transfer in advance. I wasn't comfortable signing and paying before inspecting the car, so they told me that means I have to pick up the car in Toronto. Montreal isn't an option because they can't get Ontario plates any more (they did for my Model S in 2013). My VIN (12xxx) will be released to another buyer and they will put me back in the queue. I'm OK with waiting -- better chance of a higher-quality car. Hopefully the wait will be a few weeks, not a few months.

Did your Montreal sales associate give you any indication of how many orders they received here in Montreal?
Tesla montreal director was there when they deliver my car. The whole Montreal Tesla team was there all the employee. The director told me that I was the first in Quebec and she told me that they don't tell how many will have for June delivery but she said not a lot.... like a handfull so people who will have them will be lucky

I’ll will be shocked if you don’t get your vehicle in June. Lets see how it plays out.
You were so right! delivery date set, Thursday the 25th at 1!!!!
Not gonna say I told you so... but....
I was going to reply to the message you posted a few days ago lol
You were 100% correct! The voice of reason, believe it or not you helped me feel much better about things, thanks! :)
Now I need to clean the car I have sold, the buyers are coming tomorrow, this just all happened so fast. Funny how some people have weeks notice for delivery and some have 2 days...o_O