Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Ottawa Tesla owners, anyone have experience with Upper Class detailing or Goldwing Autocare for PPF & Ceramic coating?
I have a google doc floating around where we're trying to get group pricing. If you call either shop, let them know we're looking for a group pricing and see what kind of discounts they're willing to offer. Currently I'm working with AutoTrendz in Kanata to see if they're interested. In the meantime, feel free to add your options here:

Group Buy

Also fo anyone else looking for PPF, check out the latest video from BenSullins on Youtube
His PPF installer made a good point about covering the rear fender because of the way it sticks out.

Last edited:
I have a google doc floating around where we're trying to get group pricing. If you call either shop, let them know we're looking for a group pricing and see what kind of discounts they're willing to offer. Currently I'm working with AutoTrendz in Kanata to see if they're interested. In the meantime, feel free to add your options here:

Group Buy

Also fo anyone else looking for PPF, check out the latest video from BenSullins on Youtube (
) . His PPF installer made a good point about covering the rear fender because of the way it sticks out.

The Goldwing pricing I got seems very competitive - I have pricing for full front, luggage kit, inside console, door jams and for ceramic coating - comes to about $2700.

Group Buy

Also fo anyone else looking for PPF, check out the latest video from BenSullins on Youtube
His PPF installer made a good point about covering the rear fender because of the way it sticks out.

Amen to that- I'm now in a mild state of panic about peppering my rear quarter panel with rocks from my front tire. Am I correct in assuming that your "group buy" google doc "hood and bumpers" includes the rear quarter panels?

that's not bad. Through in tint for the front windows and it would be great ;).

I'm waiting to hear back from AutoTrendz today ... we'll see what they have to say.

The costs break down as follows $1570 for XPEL full front (bumper, hood, mirrors, fenders), $150 luggage kit, $120 door sill, $120 center console and $800 for ceramic coating (when done with PPF purchase). They seem very eager so I would not be surprised if they will agree to a group buy also.

Amen to that- I'm now in a mild state of panic about peppering my rear quarter panel with rocks from my front tire. Am I correct in assuming that your "group buy" google doc "hood and bumpers" includes the rear quarter panels?

Ya I'm trying to put together at least 2 packages where one includes the rear bumpers. So far this is the Pre Group Pricing so far:

Tint the front two windows $140 +tax non ceramic.
Tint the front two windows $200 +tax. Ceramic

Ceramic tint offers superior heat rejection. Match the rear factory tint which is 20%.

Partial hood kit (partial hood, partial fenders, back of mirrors) - $349.95 +tax
Partial hood + bumper kit (partial hood, partial fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $749.95 +tax
Full hood kit (full hood, full fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $1499.95 +tax

All PPF comes backed by a 10 year warranty.

I'm thinking the two packages would be:
1) Gold = Ceramic Tint, Full Kit, Rear Fenders, Rear Luggage Lip, Inside console, door jams Ceramic Coating
2) Silver = Regular Tint, Partial hood + bumper kit + Rear Fenders

Thoughts?

Just got a text update from Tesla for my Model Y, similar to those mentioned above:
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/26 - 6/29 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built. Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

The message suggests while my model Y hasn't been built, that will likely happen in the next couple of days to provide a few days for transport from California to Vancouver. Here's my configuration:
  • White exterior
  • Black interior
  • AWD
  • Gemini wheels
  • Autopilot
  • Ordered: 2019/11/27
  • To be picked up in Vancouver
Still don't have a contract or VIN in my Tesla account but that should come shortly. Trying to stay calm...

Just checked my Tesla account and found my VIN: 17xxx

Ya I'm trying to put together at least 2 packages where one includes the rear bumpers. So far this is the Pre Group Pricing so far:

Tint the front two windows $140 +tax non ceramic.
Tint the front two windows $200 +tax. Ceramic

Ceramic tint offers superior heat rejection. Match the rear factory tint which is 20%.

Partial hood kit (partial hood, partial fenders, back of mirrors) - $349.95 +tax
Partial hood + bumper kit (partial hood, partial fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $749.95 +tax
Full hood kit (full hood, full fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $1499.95 +tax

All PPF comes backed by a 10 year warranty.

I'm thinking the two packages would be:
1) Gold = Ceramic Tint, Full Kit, Rear Fenders, Rear Luggage Lip, Inside console, door jams Ceramic Coating
2) Silver = Regular Tint, Partial hood + bumper kit + Rear Fenders

Thoughts?
First off, let me just express my sincere gratitude to you for all the leg work- that's a lot of thankless hassle that I sincerely appreciate! As it is a 10-year warranty, I'm partial to the gold package; I plan on keeping it for at least that long.

First off, let me just express my sincere gratitude to you for all the leg work- that's a lot of thankless hassle that I sincerely appreciate! As it is a 10-year warranty, I'm partial to the gold package; I plan on keeping it for at least that long.
Well if it works out, we all benefit and it makes it worth the effort :).

I've sent my proposed packages to AutoTrendz and am waiting for a price. If anyone wants to ask other shops, we an compare pricing and choose what makes the most sense to pursue.

I had my truck detailed at AT and I liked their work and I've had my Q7 tinted at GW and I liked their work also.

Maybe I'll call GW also to get them in on this. If there are other shops, please share the proposed packages and see what they're charging.

Awesome!! Congrats, you will likely get a text to set up delivery in the next day or so!
I haven't had any contact from my advisor as of yet..
I wouldnt expect anything from the advisor. I wasnt sure about the possible range of dates and asked to speak to one. I was told they would call me back but I never heard. The next day I finally just clicked on the "book a time" link in the email and it showed I only had 4 options, all on Sunday. Even now, I have one 1 paint issue I cant fix by hand and I cant seem to get them to reply to tell me what to do. Love the car though.