Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd extend that to ALL main stream news media. Trust what you wish, but VERIFY.

It's become clear that you have to think for yourself. As if that wasn't always the case....
Yup, it obviously varies. Some are more trustworthy than others, which is where that thinking for yourself comes in... There is a pretty well known Venn diagram of mainstream media that is nearly perfect ...and fox is def on the edge of intentionally fibbing in one direction, MSNBC etc in the other. Not going to be getting my EV news from those two, though.
WSJ’s Dan Neil is the place to start for automotive truth, especially with EV's. Car and Driver another. NYT, they have gotten the factual hard news stuff right lately with the big picture. The EV websites just regurgitate each other and news releases.
And they ALL need to be schooled on “recalls."

Undersurface of the car. If you look underneath, as you pointed out, the holes for the jack placement are different.

The cars outside the factory are def structural pack and have the pad location leaked in that manual. We’ve seen several photos at several times on the production lines on rollers outside etc of the bottomless chassis and the modular seat-and-battery-pack assemblies that are inserted up through the bottom of those chassis.
This really isn’t part of the long list of mysteries, so seeing under the cars there wouldn’t tell us anything new.
The big questions include what batteries are IN those structural packs, what their capacity is, what models are they making there and when.... that sort of thing.

I would almost buy this. Almost. Production pause timing at beginning of a quarter would make some sense and surely if and when they did a changeover at Fremont they would likely do it right at end of a quarter.
And the announcement timing seems to be coincided with the Giga Austin event date..... Who else at Tesla is supposed make this kind of massive announcement other than Elon himself?

And they ALL need to be schooled on “recalls."
I think it’s more that the term recall needs to update with the times. NHTSA loosely uses the term when they find a problem, major or minor that needs to be addressed in a vehicle. Now that we are advancing so much, they are still calling it a recall, even if the “fix” can be done remotely. Such as Tesla pushing out a software update. Even then, there are major issues, gas tank can blow up if rear ended, and minor ones that nobody would even notice

But we hear recall and assume the car was called back to the manufacturer to fix a life threatening urgent issue. The word needs to be changed, and broken into categories

Reactions: advocate8
I think it’s more that the term recall needs to update with the times. NHTSA loosely uses the term when they find a problem, major or minor that needs to be addressed in a vehicle. Now that we are advancing so much, they are still calling it a recall, even if the “fix” can be done remotely. Such as Tesla pushing out a software update. Even then, there are major issues, gas tank can blow up if rear ended, and minor ones that nobody would even notice

But we hear recall and assume the car was called back to the manufacturer to fix a life threatening urgent issue. The word needs to be changed, and broken into categories
Yeah, Ive said something similar here about NHTSA needing to get with the times and create categories. But until they do, media could point out that things have changed if they do do reports on over-the-air “recalls”....if I were writing about this for mainstream, first, unless it was pretty serious, I would just ignore the over the air ones.

Yeah, Ive said something similar here about NHTSA needing to get with the times and create categories. But until they do, media could point out that things have changed if they do do reports on over-the-air “recalls”....if I were writing about this for mainstream, first, unless it was pretty serious, I would just ignore the over the air ones.
I think it was last month when they announced 50k Tesla recalls. Which ended up all being fixed in under a week with a software push. At least give Tesla Credit for fixing 50,000 recalls in such a short period of time😄

I think it was last month when they announced 50k Tesla recalls. Which ended up all being fixed in under a week with a software push. At least give Tesla Credit for fixing 50,000 recalls in such a short period of time😄
meanwhile, you want to weigh in on that mysterious timetable/list of guesses just above for Austin and a Fremont changeover? I’m leaning on your learned analysis to find the holes in it....

A pause in production at Fremont seems likely. I have M3LR on order and there are very few EDDs reported for the first two weeks of April in the M3 forum.
Might be something to that, though EDD’s wouldn’t be affected during much or all of a pause, just right after it when the cars that would have bn produced then would have been arriving at SC’s and in driveways... takes awhile to get them on trucks and for trucks to get where they need to be.

over-the-air "bits" are the catnip MSM and blogs require in order to monetize their chatter. regardless of the urgency (or lack) that the 'recall' represents.
so regardless of what NHTSA does with their terminology, news media and blogs will continue wit their spin on it.

Might be something to that, though EDD’s wouldn’t be affected during much or all of a pause, just right after it when the cars that would have bn produced then would have been arriving at SC’s and in driveways... takes awhile to get them on trucks and for trucks to get where they need to be.
That's a valid point for orders outside of the immediate NorCal area. But there should be little to no delay in lag time from manufacturing date to EDD for people like me who are picking up the M3s or MYs from Fremont...or at least I hope.

over 200 MYs parked at the south end of gigatexas this morning in two large groups - as seen in Joe's drone pics

Either MY-AWDs and/or MY-LRs - we may not know until April 7th.

My bet is if the new MY-AWD model does not show up on the Tesla ordering page by 4/7 then these are MY-LRs.
So many Black ones I wonder when all the white LRs built soon.