Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Hands On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you are right, remember that this is the first one out of the factory. I actually had an update 20 minutes after I had delivery of it. Said the updates were only for 'bug fixes'.

Yup. I don't mind them leaving out the Pedestrian Warning System...and reactivate HomeLink (since the HL module is already under the hood) - my wishful thinking.

20200314_093957.jpg

Last edited:
@SilverSmith: Can you please post measurements of the spaces in the pic?
I know several wanted to know car seat fitment and middle seat space, and cargo space dimensions.

Again awesome job keeping us informed...first first hand!

View attachment 521750
LOL, you guys sound excited as I am.

A - 45" - along top of second row seat.
B - 11.5" - width of the center seat, but note that the post is 2.5" and will cut into this space.
C - 44" - depth between the second row to back hatch along the ground.
D - 37" - wheel hub to wheel hub.
33" Top of second row seat to hatch back.
Notice also that there are a lot of curves, so don't expect a rectangle item to fit perfectly.
MY-Post.jpg
MY-TrunkDepth.jpg
MY-TrunkWidth.jpg
MY-TrunkWidth2.jpg

Last edited:
Second row seat is the same width as the M3 (51 1/4")
Just wanted to ask if this measurement is done from the edge of the rear right seat to the edge of the rear left seat? I want to buy a dog hammock for the rear seat and want to make sure I'm ordering the right size.

2ECT7FDslt1.jpg

As you can see from the photo there's a flap that hangs down to protect the side of the seat ...so just wanted to make sure the measurement was taken at the edge of the seat where the dog paw is pointing to end to end.

Thanks!

Reactions: lucy and JeffnReno

B - 11.5" - width of the center seat, but note that the post is 2.5" and will cut into this space.
Notice also that there are a lot of curves, so don't expect a rectangle item to fit perfectly.View attachment 521767 View attachment 521768 View attachment 521769 View attachment 521770

Yes, I'm like pumped and it's not even my car lol - wifeys.

I'll share with others who were asking on a different thread...thanks.

Reactions: Dr. J
Just wanted to ask if this measurement is done from the edge of the rear right seat to the edge of the rear left seat? I want to buy a dog hammock for the rear seat and want to make sure I'm ordering the right size.

View attachment 521765
As you can see from the photo there's a flap that hangs down to protect the side of the seat ...so just wanted to make sure the measurement was taken at the edge of the seat where the dog paw is pointing to end to end.

Thanks!
Nope, I measured from armrest to armrest with the doors closed. So hip width for three people/car seats to fit. But the width of seat itself is nearly identical at 51".

• Love
Reactions: bchan911

Notice also that there are a lot of curves, so don't expect a rectangle item to fit perfectly.View attachment 521767 View attachment 521768 View attachment 521769 View attachment 521770

These are great, thanks!

How about the length with the rear seats down, to the back of the drivers seat in it's rearmost position for a tall driver, and to the back of the passenger seat when it's put all the way forward with the seatback tilted as far forward as it can be?

Also, are the two rear headrests removable? I don't think the front seat ones in the 3 are easily removed, but these rear seat ones look as though they might be.

Nope, didn't notice this, crazy!

yah, in haven’t see a model Y with dual climate zones. But the 3 h
You mean for front vs. rear passengers?

Cause dual climate zone settings for each front passenger have always been available separately for temp & vent airflow.

Though one can argue that air level settings (head/feet/both) disqualifies the definition of dual zones.

I know
For the Model 3