Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR Austin Build Have Matrix Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah interesting. So it is checking the VIN. Has anyone successfully swapped the headlights in a M3 and had things work?
Not yet it appears, physically the swapping is fine, just the software is what blocks it. It appears no one externally (including external toolbox access) has the ability to change the cars config to accept the lights, since that is pulled from the "mothership". They think the service center people can but wont, hence wonder if when they have to they will. Musk should just add this is an option to allow owners to pay for this upgrade if they want since its an easy swap and software config change.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Have you taken delivery yet? I also have a Freemont MYLR and wonder if all SA's really know?
I have taken delivery. SA’s don’t know much nor they do not want to commit. I shared SA my VIN number and asked him to dig into it. Later stages he got back saying ‘yes’ but didn’t commit 100%
At delivery center the guys told me that all Fremont built being delivered in Washington State came with Matrix Headlights so far.

It is absolutely crazy you can buy a car today that doesn’t have standardized features. I know that Tesla is not a traditional car company but every car should have the same features regardless of where it is built.
There's pros and cons to not building millions of cars a year. If consistency above all else is chief among your concerns, but a Ford or a Toyota.

Of course that means you'll wait at least 3-4 years for the next generation for any of the upgrades that Tesla makes monthly that you're currently complaining about.

Reactions: cusetownusa
How can we know if it has comfort suspension? Please suggest
Every car has the updated suspension since first week of October 2022.

Regardless, all that matter is how it feels to you. I've read people that find this latest suspension still uncomfortable. I've read others that were very happy with one or two previous suspension updates. Some prefer the older suspensions because they drive/corner better but are just more uncomfortable over bumps. Keep in mind that the suspension on MY has changed numerous times since it was first released, this latest "comfort" one is just another step along...it wasn't the only change in the MY's history. People that received cars in mid-2022 that had owned early 2021 cars already found the suspension to be a huge upgrade for comfort.

Reactions: scSeattle

Regardless, all that matter is how it feels to you. I've read people that find this latest suspension still uncomfortable. I've read others that were very happy with one or two previous suspension updates. Some prefer the older suspensions because they drive/corner better but are just more uncomfortable over bumps. Keep in mind that the suspension on MY has changed numerous times since it was first released, this latest "comfort" one is just another step along...it wasn't the only change in the MY's history. People that received cars in mid-2022 that had owned early 2021 cars already found the suspension to be a huge upgrade for t

Regardless, all that matter is how it feels to you. I've read people that find this latest suspension still uncomfortable. I've read others that were very happy with one or two previous suspension updates. Some prefer the older suspensions because they drive/corner better but are just more uncomfortable over bumps. Keep in mind that the suspension on MY has changed numerous times since it was first released, this latest "comfort" one is just another step along...it wasn't the only change in the MY's history. People that received cars in mid-2022 that had owned early 2021 cars already found the suspension to be a huge upgrade for comfort.
I noticed that the ride with new delivery is really good

Austin has many reports of quality issues also. Hard to really say if it is any better. My Fremont car was flawless but built early Q4 where QC is probably at its best.
I have a feeling that the quality depends on how rushed they are. Especially for the January 13th rush for trying to deliver the cars by March 31st, my hopes of QC on either build is quite low. Lets see what happens when folks starting getting them and report their deliveries.

I have a MY LR coming from Austin with PA060 delivery 1/27. I doubt it will have matrix but we will see.
Ok got the model Y Austin build PA 060 and it does not have matrix lights. The paint is definitely better quality than my Fremont built 2018 15k vin model 3. But then again I think a tonka truck has better paint from the factory than it.

7B275093-7533-4F71-B555-6BB245ADE95F.jpeg

Reactions: fredzos and bbbop