Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y ordered .vin assigned in 5 min

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B44198EB-6EA5-49D8-B4C0-B56F19496960.jpeg
@wescoaswhy how did it go? Did you pick up in Olympic Village?
As close to flawless as I could expect!
Look, I’m sure a picky SOB could find stuff to quarrel with...on any car, but I spent 1.5 hrs in the pouring rain going through my checklist with my wife (she may never recover). We noted a couple of panel misalignments at rear taillights , a reversed gasket at passenger front window, a bulging plastic trim in trunk, a bit of tape/plastic Wrap protruding from interior headliner in trunk, and some white chalky caulking like substance on rear seats. All of this was dealt with in 30mins once we completed the hour of paperwork. There were a few subtly noticeable panel gaps that I mentioned to them, they reviewed and checked with calipers- within spec. no issue. I was treading well into picky SOB territory and self aware of it when I took a breath a realized I had a clean example of the model Y ...speaking with the SA was enlightening...March- June was a “fkn *sugar* show” with terrible issues on every second car. “I almost quit, couldn’t take the disappointed customers taking it out on me”... “...after VIN 30xxx, things got much better and since August and VIN 45-50xxx minor issues only”

playing Asteroids, gotta go. BTW- car is very tight, very fun to drive, spacious, comfortable, practical and did I mention FAST!!!

Attachments

• F50ECA0E-6958-4854-82DB-12D2D8960E18.jpeg
    F50ECA0E-6958-4854-82DB-12D2D8960E18.jpeg
    722.5 KB · Views: 69
  • AD1BC45A-A855-471E-A5CC-4B6EE5E44CFD.jpeg
    AD1BC45A-A855-471E-A5CC-4B6EE5E44CFD.jpeg
    455.4 KB · Views: 61
This was the worst ... both back corners of sheet metal at rear lights...they managed to quickly deal with it by synching the metal in a bit...not perfect but not an issue anymore. Otherwise, a few minor panel gaps that aren’t consistent- around hatch and around frunk. They will try to adjust this at a service appt later. I still have tomorrow to note deficiencies also.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
This was the worst ... both back corners of sheet metal at rear lights...they managed to quickly deal with it by synching the metal in a bit...not perfect but not an issue anymore. Otherwise, a few minor panel gaps that aren’t consistent- around hatch and around frunk. They will try to adjust this at a service appt later. I still have tomorrow to note deficiencies also.

Thanks for sharing @wescoaswhy! So, they did fix some of those things you have posted, right? the rear end looks particularly off in the photos.

Hi. I have ordered model Y LR with 20 inch wheels today morning at 8:30AM. Alreday assigned a VIN 079xxxx. It says scheduled delivery dec 7-10.

What are your thought.
1. Why is it so quick. Is it like someone refused delivery and i was assigned.
2. Any suggestions
They're pushing to get lots of cars delivered before the end of the quarter. Fortunately for you, they just instituted a full year of unlimited supercharging for any delivery before the end of the calendar year.

wescoaswhy: Thanks for the photos. When you referred to "picky SOB", I thought you were referring to me!!!

Your SA's description of the Y's QC improvement curve makes a lot of sense. So, it was BECAUSE of "picky SOBs" from April-June that accelerated the QC improvements!!!

I will continue to help improve Tesla's QC by being a "picky" but reasonable SOB when I pick up my car next week.