Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance - Track Mode

Will there ever be Track Mode for Model Y Performance?

• Yes - In 2022

Votes: 56 37.1%
  • Not gonna happen

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • I don't have a performance, therefore, I don't care

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • What is track mode?

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Maybe when there is a like for like competitor

Votes: 19 12.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance owners can now have track mode through Ingenext. I seen this add the other day. I know it's not direct from Tesla but if you got to have it, here it is.

1669648936004.png

Reactions: Daekwan
Performance owners can now have track mode through Ingenext. I seen this add the other day. I know it's not direct from Tesla but if you got to have it, here it is.

View attachment 879065
Lap Mode does sound a lot like track mode for the model 3. I assume it has a graphical interface on your phone that mimics the track mode features on the actual Tesla main screen? I wonder if you can have "lap mode" engaged and still use autopilot? It is my understanding that with the M3P you don't have AP available while in track mode... I don't think I would want to use AP in lap mode with the above module... for example, if the AP computer is expecting the standard level of regen, but you have it dialed down I can see that leading to problems!

Keith

Lap Mode does sound a lot like track mode for the model 3. I assume it has a graphical interface on your phone that mimics the track mode feature.
Yes, that's just how it works. You have to log into the ingenext module wifi and select the tab to turn it on. Once that is done, you can scroll down on the phone and see the sliders along with the tabs for over clock ect. I've experimented with it but didn't see much different. Had a chance to give this a try on an SCCA event. I set up for rear bias and no nanny but the car still wouldn't gain power coming out of a turn and there was no roasting of the tires. . Was still very stable going into and through a turn. Now, maybe this module works better or different than the ghost module.

Will this give me a ‘hooligan’ mode to drift and have some fun in the snow*?

*in Mexico
It should. You should be able to melt the rear tires w/track mode on dry pavement even, if you wanted...

I think I just found a perfect use-case for the new Sailun 21" 275/35-21 EV tires that are coming out... 😁 Last I checked they were sub-$400 wholesale for a pair of rears... Could make for a fun video.

Reactions: C-Bus Y
I don't think track mode gives you any new ability to dyno the car, and it doesn't make any changes to horsepower or torque... so what are you wanting to see?

Keith

Not saying it will add any new ability... I was just hoping for it like a proper dyno mode so the TC/etc doesn't interfere. I actually was able to get up to 563hp through the Canbus on my MYP.