Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe there’s a ton of traffic out there? Boat congestion!
There is. VinFast docked in Nanaimo just to unload the Canadian cars even though that means an extra step getting them off the island.

Yes. I am still checking the status of my delivery every hour knowing that it will be mid June for Toronto deliveries.

anyone installed their Tesla wall charger in the GTA area? I am calling few electricians and their rates vary from $800-$1200 for 40 ft cable installation.
My electrician charged $1039 for a 40 amp breaker and a 33 ft run of #8 wire with a weather protected 14-50 outlet, inspection included. I wired my wall connector to a matching plug and it's installed and running. No car yet but it looks nice on the wall.

U can do that? Would running #6 wire from your panel out to your wall connector been the best way
#6 wire would needed for a 60 amp breaker and 48 amp charging if you wanted that kind of speed for a MY LR. #6 wire is rated for 50 amps but the MY RWD will only draw 32 amps which is plenty fast. My 100 amp panel won't accommodate more anyway. No need to waste a ton of money when 32 amps is max.

#6 wire would needed for a 60 amp breaker and 48 amp charging if you wanted that kind of speed for a MY LR. #6 wire is rated for 50 amps but the MY RWD will only draw 32 amps which is plenty fast. My 100 amp panel won't accommodate more anyway. No need to waste a ton of money when 32 amps is max.
is that confirmed MY RWD can only do 32amps? or base on M3 RWD

anything from tesla website?

There is. VinFast docked in Nanaimo just to unload the Canadian cars even though that means an extra step getting them off the island.
I checked Port of Nanaimo's berthing schedule. (Silver Queen is Vinfast's ship) So far Morning Caroline hasn't showed up. Hopefully it doesn't show up ever! It's going to take a while to offload that many cars from the island to the mainland. Crossing my fingers that they're still planning on docking in Richmond.
1684424981803.png

is that confirmed MY RWD can only do 32amps? or base on M3 RWD

anything from tesla website?
Actually, I can't recall for certain that I saw it on the Tesla site but it's the same battery as the M3 RWD and I spoke to my Tesla rep and he agreed about the charge rate. It's irrelevant for me anyway as my panel won't support 48 amp charging and really, who needs that kind of speed overnight, especially on a car that can be driven to a Supercharger if need be. Here is the info I have. You can see the details about the M3 RWD in the fine print from the Tesla site.
20230518_115952.jpg
20230518_121218.jpg

Also, see this link and read the comments below.
Yes, it looks like our MYRWD will be limited to 32 amps. I am still going to install the latest Gen 3 Tesla wall charger with 60 amps circuit breaker as this MYRWD will not be my last EV and charging speed will only go up. unless you already have 40 amps plug that you can use to charge your MYRWD, i suggest installing the 60 amps.

Reactions: Simon207
Yes, it looks like our MYRWD will be limited to 32 amps. I am still going to install the latest Gen 3 Tesla wall charger with 60 amps circuit breaker as this MYRWD will not be my last EV and charging speed will only go up. unless you already have 40 amps plug that you can use to charge your MYRWD, i suggest installing the 60 amps.
Same I’m going do the 60

Reactions: t49223
And she’s on the move again. No idea of ETA though

Reactions: Jck2tam
And she’s on the move again. No idea of ETA though
It should arrive at 4PM PST according to vesselfinder.com

From what I've found, vehicle carriers usually dock at New Westminster or Annacis Island. I'm thinking Richmond is just another anchor point until one of the two ships (Glovis Captain, Luna Spirit) leaves Annacis Island. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Jck2tam