Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y....should I wait for 2024?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will change the model 3 and Y in the US to qualify for the full tax credit IMO.

Will that chance happen in January 2024, a month later, or many months later in 2024+? I'm not sure when.

I don't see any future where Tesla leaves free money on the table by not having them qualify. They have the massive sales volumes to make those changes cost effective vs some other auto makers tiny quantity of EV sales.

Now what kind of marketing or sales disclaimers Tesla throws out now in Q4 to push up their 2023 sales? Yeah I expect them to flood that uncertainty so it drives anyone on the fence to just buy now.

Reactions: acpd
Tesla will change the model 3 and Y in the US to qualify for the full tax credit IMO.

Will that chance happen in January 2024, a month later, or many months later in 2024+? I'm not sure when.

I don't see any future where Tesla leaves free money on the table by not having them qualify. They have the massive sales volumes to make those changes cost effective vs some other auto makers tiny quantity of EV sales.

Now what kind of marketing or sales disclaimers Tesla throws out now in Q4 to push up their 2023 sales? Yeah I expect them to flood that uncertainty so it drives anyone on the fence to just buy now.

yea but doesnt seem as easy if it doesnt meet battery requirements. They pull some secret move to qualify for tax credit?

With what batteries?

Surely if there were US-sourced cells available that met all the requirements they’d already be using them.
I also think that Tesla will change their U.S. battery packs by mid-2024 to qualify for the full $7500 on all 3/Y. This will likely be a combination of 4680 Cyber-cell from Texas for Model Y Austin, and 2170 from Nevada for 3/Y. The 2170 cells and packs are manufactured in Nevada by Panasonic, and maybe they need to swap out a few of the raw battery materials that they get from China, and swap in those same battery materials to come from Chile, Australia, Korea, or some other free-trade country. I'm no expert but this is just my guess. I hope it's possible.

Reactions: MacO512
refresh Y (juniper) is unlikely to come out in 2024. There hasnt been any leak or spy photos or anything remotely related to it. The highland did and it still was about a year since it released outside US and we are still waiting here. If we see the same thing happen here, MAYBE the refresh juniper Y comes out end of 24, maybe early 25, then the USA will have to wait few months after like how we are with highland 3.

Judging from the mounting inventories, the street consensus is that juniper launch is just around the corner.