Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too, was expecting the event to be cancelled. Keeping an eye on SW railways and hoping they run a normal service tomorrow from Waterloo.
I think that is highly unlikely hearing from mates. They shut down the entire network today. Its two days before full services. Strongly suggest checking their schedule before going. What a mess. Sorry man, holding thumbs they can get it cleaned up

Got very excited today when I received an email from FleetPrices with the subject order update. To only open the email with a generic email to say they are contacting Hitachi the financing company for an update. I replied with a request to get a Vin number if possible.

A couple of notes, I was initially told I would be a Southampton collection, now they are saying they will deliver it to my door. I have told them I live on the Isle of Wight so Southampton collection worked for me, a quick ferry but I’m not sure if they will cover the costs to get across. I’ve informed them many of you guys and girls are getting your vin numbers for March collections but just got the below frustrating response.

“Good Afternoon Chris,

We have spoken with Hiatchi are they are still informing us that the first batch of vehicles are due to arrive in the UK at the end of February for early March deliveries.

Vehicles being delivered by Hitachi, which yours is, the RN numbers and Vin numbers will be shared once they have the vehicle in stock and are in a position to arrange onward delivery.

Please note that your vehicle will be delivered directly to you and will not be offered for collection, Tesla will contact you directly to arrange the delivery.

Got very excited today when I received an email from FleetPrices with the subject order update. To only open the email with a generic email to say they are contacting Hitachi the financing company for an update. I replied with a request to get a Vin number if possible.

A couple of notes, I was initially told I would be a Southampton collection, now they are saying they will deliver it to my door. I have told them I live on the Isle of Wight so Southampton collection worked for me, a quick ferry but I’m not sure if they will cover the costs to get across. I’ve informed them many of you guys and girls are getting your vin numbers for March collections but just got the below frustrating response.

“Good Afternoon Chris,

We have spoken with Hiatchi are they are still informing us that the first batch of vehicles are due to arrive in the UK at the end of February for early March deliveries.

Vehicles being delivered by Hitachi, which yours is, the RN numbers and Vin numbers will be shared once they have the vehicle in stock and are in a position to arrange onward delivery.

Please note that your vehicle will be delivered directly to you and will not be offered for collection, Tesla will contact you directly to arrange the delivery.
Really thinking I picked the wrong company, shame it’s too late to change it now. To be fair they said March delivery and there’s still chance they will but that, just very frustrating with everyone else getting vin numbers and collection dates up to the end of March.

I think that is highly unlikely hearing from mates. They shut down the entire network today. Its two days before full services. Strongly suggest checking their schedule before going. What a mess. Sorry man, holding thumbs they can get it cleaned up
Will be checking for updates this evening and in the morning. One way or another I'm collecting my Car tomorrow! 🚲

Reactions: Oktaneza

“Good Afternoon Chris,

After getting diddly squat from Nationwide (via Hitachi) who were acting as if Tesla are 'being tricky' not replying to their answers I got an email back from Tesla themselves really quickly that my car is built and in transit for Mid March delivery - which from a timing perective was exactly what I was hoping for to be honest.

It's honestly like Nationwide/Hitachi don't have the RN details themselves as they couldn't even check (or be bothered) to give any comfort that I actually have a car on route in the first place!

Ordered my Rimetrix via myUS today so wonder which will arrive first.

F68C20B5-CBE1-4D68-B6D9-0CD17589B791.jpeg

Has anyone else ordered these? And is there a reason one doesn’t appear to fit properly?

After getting diddly squat from Nationwide (via Hitachi) who were acting as if Tesla are 'being tricky' not replying to their answers I got an email back from Tesla themselves really quickly that my car is built and in transit for Mid March delivery - which from a timing perective was exactly what I was hoping for to be honest.

It's honestly like Nationwide/Hitachi don't have the RN details themselves as they couldn't even check (or be bothered) to give any comfort that I actually have a car on route in the first place!

Ordered my Rimetrix via myUS today so wonder which will arrive first.
What’s the process for Rimitrex via MyUS . Do you sign up to MYUS , order it to the address MYUS give you and then inform MYUS of the order you just made and where they need to send in UK? Also what approx is the total cost going to be once u pay Rimitrex / MYUS / UK customs ??

I have Rimitrex Orbitals on my 3 and was able to order to UK direct back then

What’s the process for Rimitrex via MyUS . Do you sign up to MYUS , order it to the address MYUS give you and then inform MYUS of the order you just made and where they need to send in UK? Also what approx is the total cost going to be once u pay Rimitrex / MYUS / UK customs ??

I have Rimitrex Orbitals on my 3 and was able to order to UK direct back then
That's pretty much it - you get a US Tax Free Florida 'suite' address, then you add the weight (about 9.5lb) give them a screenshot of the order and then choose your onward shipping speed/option.

Rimetrix said that they are not shipping those to the UK direct for a while. It was on back order a couple of weeks ago but seems like they have stock so thought I would go the myUS route. As I'm leasing I plan on keeping the Gemini's in perfect condition and scuff up the Rimetrix so when I return in 3 years I don't get charged a silly fee for damaged plastic rims which I know they will diddle me on treating them as alloys!