Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it in the end at about 19:00. Chap who delivered said that the courier originally booked pulled out and so he wasn’t contacted until 14:00 to do the job.

Hopefully your experience will be better but in all honesty, I’ve pretty much forgotten about it now I have the car haha.
I have to say I must have been lucky. My car was due for delivery by AnyVan between 9 and 1 and it arrived just after 9. As previously mentioned, it was just a drop off but at least I didn't have anyone hovering over me while I did the inspection. A few things of note:

One of my rear doors sticks out more than on the other side.
I have some strange brown marks on several of my Gemini wheels (on the actual rim that is visible).
There is a small chip out of the paintwork on the passenger door sill.
A mark on one of the rear seats (will likely clean off but want it recording just in case).
There is a cut in the back of the centre rear seat backing on the left of the plastic handle-----can anyone tell me if this is normal (is it for access to something)?

I am however still waiting for the car to link to the phone app (I signed the delivery notification 3 hours ago but have been told it could take 48 hours). I was told to then report any issues through the service request - is this how others with drop - offs have been doing it?

Overall the car is stunning though (Red, Black, Gemini). Can't wait to have a proper play.

I have to say I must have been lucky. My car was due for delivery by AnyVan between 9 and 1 and it arrived just after 9. As previously mentioned, it was just a drop off but at least I didn't have anyone hovering over me while I did the inspection. A few things of note:

I have some strange brown marks on several of my Gemini wheels (on the actual rim that is visible).
A mark on one of the rear seats (will likely clean off but want it recording just in case).
There is a cut in the back of the centre rear seat backing on the left of the plastic handle-----can anyone tell me if this is normal (is it for access to something)?

I am however still waiting for the car to link to the phone app (I signed the delivery notification 3 hours ago but have been told it could take 48 hours). I was told to then report any issues through the service request - is this how others with drop - offs have been doing it?

Overall the car is stunning though (Red, Black, Gemini). Can't wait to have a proper play.
My car didn't link with the phone app for about 3/4 hours after signing for the car. I updated to V11 and then it was working

Little Bit Worried. Had all the SMS updates. Had a letter to sign online today which I did by clicking the link on email, and so far thats it.

Yesterday received : "Your model Y is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Taking place between 8am and end of the day" ... " An SMS with tracking and estimate will be sent once your car has been collected by our carrier and on the way".

Not had anything all day, tried calling CS just now and no answer/getting cut off.

What time is end of the day ? 11:59pm? as its being delivered to my office!

My gut is telling me there is an issue!

Little Bit Worried. Had all the SMS updates. Had a letter to sign online today which I did by clicking the link on email, and so far thats it.

Yesterday received : "Your model Y is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Taking place between 8am and end of the day" ... " An SMS with tracking and estimate will be sent once your car has been collected by our carrier and on the way".

Not had anything all day, tried calling CS just now and no answer/getting cut off.

Have faith, my mum had hers delivered today, the tracking text arrived at the same time as the car!!

Reactions: Zanbar

I'm in the same(ish) boat.

I've got the letter to sign, however that's to confirm you've received the car?

Mine is due to be delivered between 1pm and 5pm (delivery to office and Tesla advised previously workplace deliveries are done by 5pm). Not had a link through and the nearest SC must be at least an hour to an hour and half away....

Mine is due to be delivered between 1pm and 5pm (delivery to office and Tesla advised previously workplace deliveries are done by 5pm). Not had a link through and the nearest SC must be at least an hour to an hour and half away....
I signed it when it was sent to me this morning assuming it was needed to be done to accept delivery ? Whoops!

I hope that doesn't cause me issues.

Picked up my MY yesterday from NEC. 👍
There were loads of cars so there will be a good steady flow of collections over the coming days. Handover was very much contactless as promised! After providing your details, you were simply told where to locate your car, feel free to take as long as you like to check it over and report any issues then drive off when you’re ready. There were staff on hand if you needed them or had questions.

Mine had 30% SOC and had dropped to 29% when I left the collection point. I was hoping it had a a bit more charge but… Arrived back home on 15%. The drive home is around 45 miles and I did take it very steady! My nearest supercharger is reasonably close to home so we had quick drive there arriving on 11% before charging to 70%, returning home and installing the software update. My home charger hasn’t been installed yet!
I ordered back in October and never took up the offer of a test drive when made available so yesterday was my first MY experience (behind the wheel and first time I’d actually seen one). I’m very happy with mine but the ride is firm! No doubt about that. I have the 20 inch wheels. I also have fitted my youngest car seat which is rattling a bit - at least I think it is the car seat rather than the car itself - I need to do a bit of investigating but overall very happy with my car.

Paint, panels and wheels are all good. One slight gripe was that the car wasn’t quite as clean as I would have liked. The windows on the inside are a bit dirty and is a job for today when it stops raining.

I did have a couple of prompts to tell me some of the cameras were blinded or blocked (I think that’s what it said 😂) but it cleared pretty quickly and I’ve put it down to condensation settling down.

Enjoy yours when you get them. 👍
More or less the same experience for me yesterday, although I had 31% lol. Collection from NEC was really smooth. The car is brilliant. The boot is huge. Supercharged at Rugby and was really easy. No other 22 plates on the M6 or M1 :cool: I have raised a Service Request as the PPF had bubbles. It is being fixed at home.

Picking up same spec from Bluewater multi storey car park tomorrow. I've seen people saying faults were dealt with before they drove away but presumably a list like that will not be, especially during contactless pick up.

Has anyone had faults corrected (on Model Y during the recent mass collections) before driving away?
Or had issues getting things corrected afterwards?

Impression I get is that their response to service requests is more impressive than their general CS

New arrival in our house today 😀

AnyVan delivery worked well for us. We got a tracker link first thing and were able to follow the driver on his route. He was delivering two cars in the area, a bit sad to hear that the other car, two streets away, is exactly same spec - twins!! Initial checks completed while driver there, but just advised to reach out to Tesla with any issues.

367E48C2-2EE4-415F-A165-A87B8449563C.jpeg

Anyone know how long it takes for account to be activated on a lease car? Says 24hrs but would be good if it was sooner.

C04D37CE-1CD2-4F83-A54E-128B7110051D.jpeg
Initial observations on car

Quality of finish looks great - a few bubbles on one of the PPFs on the rear door
Car is very quiet on the road - no obvious rattles
Ride on Inductions is absolutely fine for us but we are used to firmer ride of Audi S3
Fitted car floor/boot mats from Amazon (D1X MOTOX) seem to be good fit (will post pictures later) notice they have increase in price by over 15% since I ordered

Attachments

• 51185F25-EDBD-44B3-90AD-8EDE43178DF3.jpeg
    51185F25-EDBD-44B3-90AD-8EDE43178DF3.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 73BE8C40-E15D-4803-9F5C-C70D5EEBEF50.jpeg
    73BE8C40-E15D-4803-9F5C-C70D5EEBEF50.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 2BDD028C-94D1-4CF4-A2B6-D83F5CF5A136.jpeg
    2BDD028C-94D1-4CF4-A2B6-D83F5CF5A136.jpeg
    467.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 74920A33-3D9B-46E5-B1AE-5A0E98C192E6.jpeg
    74920A33-3D9B-46E5-B1AE-5A0E98C192E6.jpeg
    776.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: dangrenade
Have you picked your car up yet? 😃
Forgot the rear mat photo! Normally have rubber mats so wasn’t sure when they arrived but pretty happy with the fit to be honest, don’t see any obvious gaps. Much cheaper than the Tesla mats at £230 for interior and truck/frank mats sets. But now £250 on Amazon.

Attachments

• EB883541-D7C8-48F3-AB1F-207B6B74B188.jpeg
    EB883541-D7C8-48F3-AB1F-207B6B74B188.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 55
  • E83F954D-E640-4B01-88E2-D32D03DF18D0.jpeg
    E83F954D-E640-4B01-88E2-D32D03DF18D0.jpeg
    867.2 KB · Views: 77
AnyVan tracking link just received! Pity he's in Kent and I'm in Cambridgeshire..... Ambitious delivery estimate of 17:03.

Still nothing for me at the office.

90 mins to close and no SMS or tracking info :(

Congrats, was this a home delivery as I can see a Low loader in front of you? I have a home delivery in a few weeks as was just wondered which company they used and if you had any issues with the delivery/handover and activation of the tesla app? Hopefully the car was unscathed during transportation?
Anyvan delivered- great service actually. No issues with that or with car....though my app is not activated as yet.

Forgot the rear mat photo! Normally have rubber mats so wasn’t sure when they arrived but pretty happy with the fit to be honest, don’t see any obvious gaps. Much cheaper than the Tesla mats at £230 for interior and truck/frank mats sets. But now £250 on Amazon.
I’m happy with the fit and as you say, great value for the money! I appreciate you posting the pictures.