Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very sad to see a drop off on this thread. It must mean that most Model Y orders have either been satisfied or got firm EDDs.
I am an early October 15 customer and also a January 2022 customer. I still only have the 15 - 29 March delivery band and when I speak or chat to CS the best they can tell me is there has been no firm allocation of my cars, no explanation, no apology, no customer service! They are about to lose 2 orders from me! If you read through this thread there appears to be a bias towards orders through leasing companies, orders being collected outside London, ie Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton. In fact I have only seen one Model Y in London and that was in Kensington this morning? Is this theory correct?
You can’t rush Tesla. When one of the big car hire companies allegedly put an order in for Tesla they likely got in the queue .

Any ‘lease bias’ is likely to be as others have described - just allocation based on ordering sequence and the big number of leased vehicles.

As for the communication, this is a bit better now than it was in 2017/2018. That there a long periods of no contact is fine by me. Why do I want to be told news of no news?

The experience you describe is present in many earlier S, 3, and X ordering threads: order, nothing, nothing, nothing, contact, nothing, nothing, car!

All in all, I prefer the Tesla approach to car sales over any other I have experienced: order car, wait, perform actions, get car. No negotiation, no needing to visit a showroom*, no ‘let me speak with my manager’.

*though visiting the folks at south manchester is always nice.

You can’t rush Tesla. When one of the big car hire companies allegedly put an order in for Tesla they likely got in the queue .

Any ‘lease bias’ is likely to be as others have described - just allocation based on ordering sequence and the big number of leased vehicles.

As for the communication, this is a bit better now than it was in 2017/2018. That there a long periods of no contact is fine by me. Why do I want to be told news of no news?

The experience you describe is present in many earlier S, 3, and X ordering threads: order, nothing, nothing, nothing, contact, nothing, nothing, car!

All in all, I prefer the Tesla approach to car sales over any other I have experienced: order car, wait, perform actions, get car. No negotiation, no needing to visit a showroom*, no ‘let me speak with my manager’.

*though visiting the folks at south manchester is always nice.
I think you may find the total lack of M3 deliveries to UK and Europe in Q2 will be down to a large fleet order be fulfilled.
This will not affect MY deliveries which will continue to be supplied from Shanghai until Q4 at the earliest.

Reactions: Casss and foxtru
I am in exactly the same position as you, ordered via Lex and it is difficult to get a straight answer other than sometime towards the end of March. When do you place your order and what spec was it? Mine is White with 20 inch wheel and white interior, order the 1st week of Feb.
Hi, I ordered mid Jan, White, 19, black interior enhanced auto. Called tesla lest night and got a VIN number and told the car is due to arrive in Southampton on the 18th March. Cant confirm delivery date at this stage

Picked up my MY yesterday from NEC. 👍
There were loads of cars so there will be a good steady flow of collections over the coming days. Handover was very much contactless as promised! After providing your details, you were simply told where to locate your car, feel free to take as long as you like to check it over and report any issues then drive off when you’re ready. There were staff on hand if you needed them or had questions.

Mine had 30% SOC and had dropped to 29% when I left the collection point. I was hoping it had a a bit more charge but… Arrived back home on 15%. The drive home is around 45 miles and I did take it very steady! My nearest supercharger is reasonably close to home so we had quick drive there arriving on 11% before charging to 70%, returning home and installing the software update. My home charger hasn’t been installed yet!
I ordered back in October and never took up the offer of a test drive when made available so yesterday was my first MY experience (behind the wheel and first time I’d actually seen one). I’m very happy with mine but the ride is firm! No doubt about that. I have the 20 inch wheels. I also have fitted my youngest car seat which is rattling a bit - at least I think it is the car seat rather than the car itself - I need to do a bit of investigating but overall very happy with my car.

Paint, panels and wheels are all good. One slight gripe was that the car wasn’t quite as clean as I would have liked. The windows on the inside are a bit dirty and is a job for today when it stops raining.

I did have a couple of prompts to tell me some of the cameras were blinded or blocked (I think that’s what it said 😂) but it cleared pretty quickly and I’ve put it down to condensation settling down.

Enjoy yours when you get them. 👍

I did have a couple of prompts to tell me some of the cameras were blinded or blocked (I think that’s what it said 😂) but it cleared pretty quickly and I’ve put it down to condensation settling down.

Camera's being blinded / blocked is a regular message and nothing to worry about. If there's strong sunlight (low sun) or if there's no natural (dark country lanes) you'll receive these messages as the cameras cannot see in these conditions. It won't affect driving in any way.

Reactions: Pete UK
Anyone still yet to receive and pay off that final invoice for those collecting this weekend/early next week? My collection date is on the 8th next Tue but I still have not received a final invoice to pay the outstanding amount. Do they usually leave it this close/late to notify people?

Anyone still yet to receive and pay off that final invoice for those collecting this weekend/early next week? My collection date is on the 8th next Tue but I still have not received a final invoice to pay the outstanding amount. Do they usually leave it this close/late to notify people?
I collect on the 12th and received my final invoice a week ago. I emailed and asked for it, and it all happened a few hours later. Trundled off to the bank and made the payment :D

Reactions: X-Cile
Its here!!
MY.jpg

Quick question around the app and paying for superchargers. My Y is due for delivery this afternoon and thanks to Pod Point I don't have a home charger yet, so I plan to head straight to a supercharger (then keep it topped up via the 3 pin for the next couple of weeks).

I was sent a link to the delivery declaration this morning (not sure if this is lease specific) which said it'll give me access to the app in 24 hours after signing to say I've received the car. If it does take 24 hours (so I don't have access to the app) will I be able to supercharge this afternoon/ evening?!?

Quick question around the app and paying for superchargers. My Y is due for delivery this afternoon and thanks to Pod Point I don't have a home charger yet, so I plan to head straight to a supercharger (then keep it topped up via the 3 pin for the next couple of weeks).

I was sent a link to the delivery declaration this morning (not sure if this is lease specific) which said it'll give me access to the app in 24 hours after signing to say I've received the car. If it does take 24 hours (so I don't have access to the app) will I be able to supercharge this afternoon/ evening?!?

You'll be able to charge right away. Tesla gives you a couple of weeks grace from picking up your car to adding payment details in the app for charging.

Reactions: Zanbar and NSS89