Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Most people want all weather mats.

Do they?

I've had my Model 3 since December 2020, so two winters. I've not worried once about cleaning or changing shoes when getting in and out of the car. I've also got a young child.

White interior after 14 months with two wipe downs with baby wipes - spotless
Floor mats with two quick pressure washes over that time - spotless

Boot floor is different but you definitely don't need all weather mats for your Tesla. The carpet ones are fine quality and hold up well to dirt and grime.

Do they?

I've had my Model 3 since December 2020, so two winters. I've not worried once about cleaning or changing shoes when getting in and out of the car. I've also got a young child.

White interior after 14 months with two wipe downs with baby wipes - spotless
Floor mats with two quick pressure washes over that time - spotless

Boot floor is different but you definitely don't need all weather mats for your Tesla. The carpet ones are fine quality and hold up well to dirt and grime.
I did say most people...I guess you are not "most".

Thanks for sharing how you keep your car looking good 🙂

Last edited:
From the text I received from Tesla:
Model Y collection is at Bristol Delivery Hub, The Drove, Portbury, BS207XH By car leave the M5 at Junction 19 and follow the signs to Royal Portbury Dock. For directions visit The Drove · The Drove, Bristol BS20 7XH, UK or use ///plump.proof.detained to find the exact location
From the text I received from Tesla:
Model Y collection is at Bristol Delivery Hub, The Drove, Portbury, BS207XH By car leave the M5 at Junction 19 and follow the signs to Royal Portbury Dock. For directions visit The Drove · The Drove, Bristol BS20 7XH, UK or use ///plump.proof.detained to find the exact location
Perfect - thanks

Reactions: blert
7E7485D4-5558-43BE-861C-5247CADBDCCB.jpeg
Just taken delivery of mine… on a low loader from Manchester…

I'm leasing through Lex and my delivery was confirmed for Monday 7 March. Just had a text from Tesla telling me that, "due to our carrier reaching full capacity on 7 March we have to reschedule to 8 March". I know it's only a day later but I'm due to go into the office on the 8th whereas I was all clear on the 7th! Bigger problems elsewhere in the world though I guess...

So, 1 day in from receiving my MYLR (Silver/Black) and I am delighted. I had a M3LR (Black/Silver) last year so I knew what I was getting, mostly. Some observations:

• Ordering Dec 16th and getting delivery 2nd March with a few texts in between was painless.
  • AnyVan delivery service was spot on. Good comms and clean, undamaged car delivered.
  • All panels and gaps are good.
  • Cables and USB stick present and the wireless chargers and USBc ports all work
  • The colour is fantastic, love the silver. Interior in black and I really like it. I had white previously which I loved but I guess, now that I've scratched that itch, a more sensible black suits!
  • The display layout is different and much better than I remembered. Love it.
  • Boombox and Light show are fun but will go the same way as farting did on my previous one...fun for a few days and then never used!
  • Road noise and cabin noise is very low. Impressed.
  • I bought wee stickers for the "open door" button on doors as I needed them on my M3...bad buy as no need on this. They are there already.
  • Interior feels much more "substantial" and better quality than on my M3 of 2020
  • Boot space is enormous and no parcel shelf needed as glass is dark and there is a big, covered lower trunk space to use.
  • The side bins in the boot are huge...easily get boots/trainers in there and more. No need for the accessory bins imo though.
  • App took about 6 hours to appear but all good once it did.
  • I bought floor mats from Carmelo which simply don't fit. Bad buy. Beware. The all weather ones from Bouget RV that I had for my M3 were brilliant.
  • I bought the EVlution rubber trunk mat which fits brilliantly. Good buy.
  • The centre console tray accessory makes a big difference. Good buy.
  • Acceleration is just as I remembered...mad!
  • Feels much more spacious inside and the extra height helps.
  • There's a plastic edge cover on rear view mirror that you might not notice...until you do! remove it, looks miles better!
I had written myself a little checklist of Day 1 things to do so here it is...lots of personal preference stuff obviously!

• Set up driver profile (seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc)
  • Set up EZ entry profile
  • Link to home wifi for updates
  • Update software
  • Make sure walk away locking is on
  • Set PIN to drive
  • Set glovebox PIN
  • Set home on Sat Nav, set work on Sat Nav
  • Turn off voice guidance on Sat Nav
  • Give your car a name!!
  • Buy some microfibre cloths
  • Fit screen protector.

Hope that helps someone!
  • MY.jpg

So, 1 day in from receiving my MYLR (Silver/Black) and I am delighted. I had a M3LR (Black/Silver) last year so I knew what I was getting, mostly. Some observations:

• Ordering Dec 16th and getting delivery 2nd March with a few texts in between was painless.
  • AnyVan delivery service was spot on. Good comms and clean, undamaged car delivered.
  • All panels and gaps are good.
  • Cables and USB stick present and the wireless chargers and USBc ports all work
  • The colour is fantastic, love the silver. Interior in black and I really like it. I had white previously which I loved but I guess, now that I've scratched that itch, a more sensible black suits!
  • The display layout is different and much better than I remembered. Love it.
  • Boombox and Light show are fun but will go the same way as farting did on my previous one...fun for a few days and then never used!
  • Road noise and cabin noise is very low. Impressed.
  • I bought wee stickers for the "open door" button on doors as I needed them on my M3...bad buy as no need on this. They are there already.
  • Interior feels much more "substantial" and better quality than on my M3 of 2020
  • Boot space is enormous and no parcel shelf needed as glass is dark and there is a big, covered lower trunk space to use.
  • The side bins in the boot are huge...easily get boots/trainers in there and more. No need for the accessory bins imo though.
  • App took about 6 hours to appear but all good once it did.
  • I bought floor mats from Carmelo which simply don't fit. Bad buy. Beware. The all weather ones from Bouget RV that I had for my M3 were brilliant.
  • I bought the EVlution rubber trunk mat which fits brilliantly. Good buy.
  • The centre console tray accessory makes a big difference. Good buy.
  • Acceleration is just as I remembered...mad!
  • Feels much more spacious inside and the extra height helps.
  • There's a plastic edge cover on rear view mirror that you might not notice...until you do! remove it, looks miles better!
I had written myself a little checklist of Day 1 things to do so here it is...lots of personal preference stuff obviously!

• Set up driver profile (seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc)
  • Set up EZ entry profile
  • Link to home wifi for updates
  • Update software
  • Make sure walk away locking is on
  • Set PIN to drive
  • Set glovebox PIN
  • Set home on Sat Nav, set work on Sat Nav
  • Turn off voice guidance on Sat Nav
  • Give your car a name!!
  • Buy some microfibre cloths
  • Fit screen protector.

Hope that helps someone!