Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was my point. Just surprised that most want all weather mats. If that is true, maybe I've been living under a rock. I've never used all weather mats in any car. Don't they just feel a bit plasticky and cheap?
Like you, I've always just used the carpet mats that came with the car and never had a problem. I might, however, buy a boot liner as I have a lot of stuff I need to take down the tip!

My delivery is due today so a bit of an update...

Text received yesterday from WDC (wedelivercars.com) advising my delivery window was 11-3 today and I would receive a call around an hour before actual delivery. No tracking link was sent.

Come 2pm hadn't heard anything so text the WDC number back but it failed. Checked on their website and couldn't find a number for them so in the end I text the Tesla update number to ask for an update. Received a call from the WDC delivery driver around 40 mins later advising my car wouldn't be delivered until 5pm today and he couldn't call me earlier with an ETA so assuming Tesla got in touch with them after receiving my text.

Not the end of the world but poor comms from the delivery company and the fact they have failed to deliver in their time window.

Just a heads up if anyone is expecting delivery via WDC but of course each experience will be different.

I'm leasing through Lex and my delivery was confirmed for Monday 7 March. Just had a text from Tesla telling me that, "due to our carrier reaching full capacity on 7 March we have to reschedule to 8 March". I know it's only a day later but I'm due to go into the office on the 8th whereas I was all clear on the 7th! Bigger problems elsewhere in the world though I guess...
I am with Lex lease as well, got a text yesterday telling me delivery Sat 19th

My new wagon has arrived with Rimetrix installed
IMG_1229.jpg

So, 1 day in from receiving my MYLR (Silver/Black) and I am delighted. I had a M3LR (Black/Silver) last year so I knew what I was getting, mostly. Some observations:

• Ordering Dec 16th and getting delivery 2nd March with a few texts in between was painless.
  • AnyVan delivery service was spot on. Good comms and clean, undamaged car delivered.
  • All panels and gaps are good.
  • Cables and USB stick present and the wireless chargers and USBc ports all work
  • The colour is fantastic, love the silver. Interior in black and I really like it. I had white previously which I loved but I guess, now that I've scratched that itch, a more sensible black suits!
  • The display layout is different and much better than I remembered. Love it.
  • Boombox and Light show are fun but will go the same way as farting did on my previous one...fun for a few days and then never used!
  • Road noise and cabin noise is very low. Impressed.
  • I bought wee stickers for the "open door" button on doors as I needed them on my M3...bad buy as no need on this. They are there already.
  • Interior feels much more "substantial" and better quality than on my M3 of 2020
  • Boot space is enormous and no parcel shelf needed as glass is dark and there is a big, covered lower trunk space to use.
  • The side bins in the boot are huge...easily get boots/trainers in there and more. No need for the accessory bins imo though.
  • App took about 6 hours to appear but all good once it did.
  • I bought floor mats from Carmelo which simply don't fit. Bad buy. Beware. The all weather ones from Bouget RV that I had for my M3 were brilliant.
  • I bought the EVlution rubber trunk mat which fits brilliantly. Good buy.
  • The centre console tray accessory makes a big difference. Good buy.
  • Acceleration is just as I remembered...mad!
  • Feels much more spacious inside and the extra height helps.
  • There's a plastic edge cover on rear view mirror that you might not notice...until you do! remove it, looks miles better!
I had written myself a little checklist of Day 1 things to do so here it is...lots of personal preference stuff obviously!

• Set up driver profile (seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc)
  • Set up EZ entry profile
  • Link to home wifi for updates
  • Update software
  • Make sure walk away locking is on
  • Set PIN to drive
  • Set glovebox PIN
  • Set home on Sat Nav, set work on Sat Nav
  • Turn off voice guidance on Sat Nav
  • Give your car a name!!
  • Buy some microfibre cloths
  • Fit screen protector.

Hope that helps someone!

So, 1 day in from receiving my MYLR (Silver/Black) and I am delighted. I had a M3LR (Black/Silver) last year so I knew what I was getting, mostly. Some observations:

• Ordering Dec 16th and getting delivery 2nd March with a few texts in between was painless.
  • AnyVan delivery service was spot on. Good comms and clean, undamaged car delivered.
  • All panels and gaps are good.
  • Cables and USB stick present and the wireless chargers and USBc ports all work
  • The colour is fantastic, love the silver. Interior in black and I really like it. I had white previously which I loved but I guess, now that I've scratched that itch, a more sensible black suits!
  • The display layout is different and much better than I remembered. Love it.
  • Boombox and Light show are fun but will go the same way as farting did on my previous one...fun for a few days and then never used!
  • Road noise and cabin noise is very low. Impressed.
  • I bought wee stickers for the "open door" button on doors as I needed them on my M3...bad buy as no need on this. They are there already.
  • Interior feels much more "substantial" and better quality than on my M3 of 2020
  • Boot space is enormous and no parcel shelf needed as glass is dark and there is a big, covered lower trunk space to use.
  • The side bins in the boot are huge...easily get boots/trainers in there and more. No need for the accessory bins imo though.
  • App took about 6 hours to appear but all good once it did.
  • I bought floor mats from Carmelo which simply don't fit. Bad buy. Beware. The all weather ones from Bouget RV that I had for my M3 were brilliant.
  • I bought the EVlution rubber trunk mat which fits brilliantly. Good buy.
  • The centre console tray accessory makes a big difference. Good buy.
  • Acceleration is just as I remembered...mad!
  • Feels much more spacious inside and the extra height helps.
  • There's a plastic edge cover on rear view mirror that you might not notice...until you do! remove it, looks miles better!
I had written myself a little checklist of Day 1 things to do so here it is...lots of personal preference stuff obviously!

• Set up driver profile (seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc)
  • Set up EZ entry profile
  • Link to home wifi for updates
  • Update software
  • Make sure walk away locking is on
  • Set PIN to drive
  • Set glovebox PIN
  • Set home on Sat Nav, set work on Sat Nav
  • Turn off voice guidance on Sat Nav
  • Give your car a name!!
  • Buy some microfibre cloths
  • Fit screen protector.

Hope that helps someone!
Which screen protector did you purchase - many thanks

Car has arrived :)

Had a quick walk around it but not ideal as weather is rubbish! I just wanted to ask some more experienced people about some potential panel gaps before I report them as don't want to waste their time if its not an actual issue.

There looks to be a gap above the passenger side rear light but I've also attached a pic of the driver side rear light for comparison.
The driver side door looks slightly misaligned.
The last pic is the where the boot starts but I'm not sure if that's just normal.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image3 (2).jpeg
    image3 (2).jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    428.6 KB · Views: 70
Question for those of you who have had lease cars delivered:

When you were given app access, did you have partial access initially (car shows up, but wrong avatar, settings visible but constant "loading" icon) or did you get nothing until it all started working?

Reactions: Garygjo