Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any parcel shelf I’ve ever had has usually ended up stored somewhere in the house. So I’m fine with the MY not having one, especially as valuables can be hidden in the storage underneath the boot floor. Will reserve judgement until I get mine though, the “booming” noise may annoy me, although to be honest I never noticed that on the test drive and I deliberately did not have the radio or music on during that. Overall I still found the MY a more refined drive than my 2019 M3. Everything I’ve read about Shanghai built Tesla’s is positive compared to the US built cars, and my MY test drive experience validated that for me.
Very good. Well shall see soon- hopefully, as we send our best get well soon wishes to the people of Covid beleaguered Shanghai.

I offered it as a constructive starting point for the member who sought advice and feed back from accessory purchasing members not just a list sites. Well you have given a bit of advice now: according to your opinion, no one needs a screen protector because they are only for screens which can be dropped. Forget about ease of cleaning.
Some one asked for the benefit other members experience of wall chargers and was given a list and told to " take your pick"
99.999% of the members here are sypathetic to newbies and share the benefit of their experience in a constructive manner - bless them.
Sorry, I think you’ve somehow completely misunderstood my reply!

I was giving constructive criticism on the accessories Ryan was recommended, to possibly save people spending money on rubbish. I am pretty sure he must have been paid to promote some of those quite frankly ridiculous items.

Oh and I have owned a Tesla for over 6 months, and I can assure you the screen is extremely easy to clean, the occasional wipe over with a dry microfibre cloth is all that’s needed.

I will make a list of genuinely useful accessories, it will take me a little while to compile around my family Sunday though.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Sorry, I think you’ve somehow completely misunderstood my reply!

I was giving constructive criticism on the accessories Ryan was recommended, to possibly save people spending money on rubbish. I am pretty sure he must have been paid to promote some of those quite frankly ridiculous items.

Oh and I have owned a Tesla for over 6 months, and I can assure you the screen is extremely easy to clean, the occasional wipe over with a dry microfibre cloth is all that’s needed.

I will make a list of genuinely useful accessories, it will take me a little while to compile around my family Sunday though.
I look forward to your list as and when convenient.

Reactions: teaston
The Golf R is a great car. Loved the fun in that, esp with the 4 motion and DSG. But my Y is even more incredible- awesome upgrade!
I was at the Guildford Service Centre the other day (I have same delivery dates) where the SA kindly checked her data and informed me that cars for those dates where not near a ship yet.
So, lets hang in there and" decorate the nursery", and buy stuff!😅

Those desperate for a parcel shelf be aware that there are speakers in the tailgate pointing forwards, i can see them in the mirror so i can see it might affect sound quality...just a thought.
I think it would maybe improve sound quality, as less of the sound will be lost in the boot. I’ve found on the Y the rear sound is weaker than the M3, I’ve had to adjust the balance further to the rear speakers in order to get the sound balanced between front and rear.

I think it would maybe improve sound quality, as less of the sound will be lost in the boot. I’ve found on the Y the rear sound is weaker than the M3, I’ve had to adjust the balance further to the rear speakers in order to get the sound balanced between front and rear.
Does that mean the tailgate speakers are above the parcel shelf level? That would support your point; the sound would be"funnelled" forward without filling the boot void.

Does that mean the tailgate speakers are above the parcel shelf level? That would support your point; the sound would be"funnelled" forward without filling the boot void.
They might be, i'll see when my chinese shelf arrives
IMG_2772.png

Reactions: Wattsisname
I have made an accessory list, I’ve posted it as a new thread here:

Yes I ordered White Y with 20s originally in day one , changed to 19s had a March delivery , hated the 19s , changed back to 20s and now have unknown ETA but will be worth it !
Interesting to learn of the impact on EDD when a change is made close to that date. IMH opinion, the twenty inch are impressive looking but I just can't get with the programme when it comes to black wheels. I love the look of the bright silver sport wheels on a red M3. Sadly not available for the Y.
Anyway, I trust they won't keep you to long from enjoying the Y on 20s.

@Mr H I fitted the boot kick sensor today, you do definitely have to remove the whole under boot floor storage area, and getting the cable from the boot lid down to the bumper was a lot more difficult than the M3! Although, getting it through the rubber conduit between the boot lid and body was much easier than M3.

I did have an ‘oh sh1t’ moment, the plug going to the boot lid panel is different to the M3, because it also feeds the 2 rear speakers, luckily I soon realised that it can just be plugged into the rear of the boot close button, so there’s 2 cables going to the boot panel rather than 1 on the M3.

Reactions: Mr H
@Mr H I fitted the boot kick sensor today, you do definitely have to remove the whole under boot floor storage area, and getting the cable from the boot lid down to the bumper was a lot more difficult than the M3! Although, getting it through the rubber conduit between the boot lid and body was much easier than M3.

I did have an ‘oh sh1t’ moment, the plug going to the boot lid panel is different to the M3, because it also feeds the 2 rear speakers, luckily I soon realised that it can just be plugged into the rear of the boot close button, so there’s 2 cables going to the boot panel rather than 1 on the M3.
yep i did the same yesterday, did the frunk too but the power struts are a pain to fit

Reactions: teaston