Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to remove the cabin filter to wire in my phone mount charger, I had a look today and there’s loads of bolts on the filter, which 2 do you remove to get it out?
no need to remove any of the black screws, there are 2 large silver bolts, one at each end and the whole assembly lifts out. You do need to remove the tub though but it's only 4 10mm bolts. The switch panel in the tub pulls away from the top and hooks in at the bottom, not like model 3

Reactions: teaston
I have ordered the 19” but I just can’t get excited by them so I’m thinking of changing to 20”. How do you change your order? I can’t find an option online.
I think you have to phone them up, or request a call back. I decided to keep to the 19s as the routes I drive around here can be a little narrow, so will almost certainly scratch 20 inch rims in no time... did not really have to worry about that with the discovery!

Reactions: phoenixcat
I think you have to phone them up, or request a call back. I decided to keep to the 19s as the routes I drive around here can be a little narrow, so will almost certainly scratch 20 inch rims in no time... did not really have to worry about that with the discovery!
I am still considering the Rimetrix replacement wheel covers. I might have to get someone to chuck them in a box of stuff coming over from the USA...

Does anyone know the process if you find an in-stock "Existing Inventory" Model Y that you want but are mid-wait on a non-stock option please? Or even how to change options on an existing order (there isn't an "Edit" function in the App or Account page)? Thanks!

No
I am still considering the Rimetrix replacement wheel covers. I might have to get someone to chuck them in a box of stuff coming over from the USA...

These are a good option I think - I've ordered a centre cap kit for now but reckon once I take delivery I'll be ordering these. I like how they cover the actual edge of the rim as well, helpful when it's going to be a lease car.

Reactions: xtattsbox
Does anyone know the process if you find an in-stock "Existing Inventory" Model Y that you want but are mid-wait on a non-stock option please? Or even how to change options on an existing order (there isn't an "Edit" function in the App or Account page)? Thanks!
Place a new order for the inventory car and then cancel your existing non-stock order. You may need to pester them to get the deposit back but they will do it. Trying to switch your order to the inventory car will inevitably lead to missing it the speed at which they sell.

Place a new order for the inventory car and then cancel your existing non-stock order. You may need to pester them to get the deposit back but they will do it. Trying to switch your order to the inventory car will inevitably lead to missing it the speed at which they sell.
thanks @blert! Do you know how the trade-in bit works with that process? Would I need to reserve/order the new car first and then apply the trade-in retrospectively to be able to pay for it once the existing order was cancelled?

thanks @blert! Do you know how the trade-in bit works with that process? Would I need to reserve/order the new car first and then apply the trade-in retrospectively to be able to pay for it once the existing order was cancelled?
I have no idea about how trade-ins work with Tesla sorry - I would assume it would just be a case of ringing them and getting it transferred over to the new order but wait for someone else who knows what they are talking about to confirm that!

Reactions: Fingerwasp
Southampton tends to be quicker as they off-load from the ship and make it available rather than being transported to Bluewater.

So when I went for the config it said Est. May, and I clicked on Bluewater after I made the reservation and it said Jun 10-30th. Does that mean I've shot myself in the foot, and/or can I change it to Southampton? I'm assuming it won't make a month's diff though...

Keep in mind the 100 miles to request service for any delivery faults like scratches/panel misalignment etc. If you’re more than 100 miles away from Southampton, it’s not worth the hassle in my opinion because you will never have enough time to check everything at delivery handover.