Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do Octopus have a batch order like Zen? With later orders prioritised over older ones which means they must be from batch orders?
Doesn't feel like it - I got my RN number from Tesla the day after Octopus confirmed the order, but read into that what you want.

On the subject of Octopus, anyone's company opted out of insurance on salary sacrifice? Only ask because it made a huge difference on my costings.

Doesn't feel like it - I got my RN number from Tesla the day after Octopus confirmed the order, but read into that what you want.

On the subject of Octopus, anyone's company opted out of insurance on salary sacrifice? Only ask because it made a huge difference on my costings.
If you would like to know when your lease order (your RN) was placed with TESLA, just ask them. This will let you know where you are in the queue.

Hi all, I went for a test drive of a model Y on Thursday and absolutely loved it. I asked the rep for a little info on my order, once he had typed my RN number in he could see the details but said that pendragon (work salary sacrifice)have put a block on it for matching, said something like it can’t be matched till September?? Why would this be? Anyone have experience of this before? The guy said said he could remove it but I just wondered why it was on there, and also, what does that mean exactly, as I bottom of the queue till September, and then I join the thousands of orders that need matching and have to wait another 1-3 months once the matching begins? Any info advice would be appreciated, thanks

Hi all, I went for a test drive of a model Y on Thursday and absolutely loved it. I asked the rep for a little info on my order, once he had typed my RN number in he could see the details but said that pendragon (work salary sacrifice)have put a block on it for matching, said something like it can’t be matched till September?? Why would this be? Anyone have experience of this before? The guy said said he could remove it but I just wondered why it was on there, and also, what does that mean exactly, as I bottom of the queue till September, and then I join the thousands of orders that need matching and have to wait another 1-3 months once the matching begins? Any info advice would be appreciated, thanks
Lease companies seem to do this all the time. Do you have a current lease expiring in September?

What the lease companies fail to understand is that Tesla won’t pre-match you for a delivery in September, they won’t start to try and match you until September so you are likely to only get a vehicle in December.

Lease companies seem to do this all the time. Do you have a current lease expiring in September?

What the lease companies fail to understand is that Tesla won’t pre-match you for a delivery in September, they won’t start to try and match you until September so you are likely to only get a vehicle in December.
Thanks for your reply, no I don’t have any lease at the moment, it’s my first time obtaining a car this way so it’s all new to me. Really don’t get why they would do it… I don’t expect to get matched straight away or jump the queue but what I expect is that I join the queue as soon as my order is placed and start moving up. I don’t mind waiting till September to take delivery, but how long does matching take from the point you are allowed to start matching? Can I really only expect the car in December if that block stays on?

Thanks for your reply, no I don’t have any lease at the moment, it’s my first time obtaining a car this way so it’s all new to me. Really don’t get why they would do it… I don’t expect to get matched straight away or jump the queue but what I expect is that I join the queue as soon as my order is placed and start moving up. I don’t mind waiting till September to take delivery, but how long does matching take from the point you are allowed to start matching? Can I really only expect the car in December if that block stays on?
If Pendragon have placed a block on your order from being matched until September, I would suggest the best way to get reliable answers to your questions would be to speak to Pendragon.

Reactions: MrMoonUK
I can confirm this too, our lease company did this a few years ago when they had little experience ordering Tesla's. Basically, someone uses the expected delivery date as the "requested" delivery date and Tesla assume you can't have It until then so don't risk matching you before.
The way things are at the moment, if they don't start matching you until September I'd be extremely surprised if you receive one this year, I'd get that block removed ASAP if I were you.

Reactions: J81M
I can confirm this too, our lease company did this a few years ago when they had little experience ordering Tesla's. Basically, someone uses the expected delivery date as the "requested" delivery date and Tesla assume you can't have It until then so don't risk matching you before.
The way things are at the moment, if they don't start matching you until September I'd be extremely surprised if you receive one this year, I'd get that block removed ASAP if I were you.
Thanks, I did ask the guy to remove it so I will chase this up on Monday. Basically that’s a month already wasted then from when my order was placed 😕

Just been into TSC Dartford and my EDD is still showing September, and apparently my order status is showing “eligible to match”, so no worries there - 😅. My order is through Octopus (salary sacrifice)

Now to retake my seat on this rollercoaster 🤣

Last edited:
Thanks, I did ask the guy to remove it so I will chase this up on Monday. Basically that’s a month already wasted then from when my order was placed 😕
I wouldn’t trust a Tesla agent to do it for you - the lease company is the owner and it was their hold instruction, so they need to authorise its removal unfortunately.