Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you paying the lease/PCP company, rather than direct to Tesla? I imagine that would be different.

If you are paying a Deposit, direct to Tesla, for a car on which the remainder will come from Lease Company then that sounds like a different process too ...

Any of these "different processes" might be more / less pitiful, in terms of "slick", than any other one!
It seems the payment is going to 'tesla financial services'. I have all of the payment details under the 'continue' button on my account. Seems everything is in order, just no final invoice yet.

It seems the payment is going to 'tesla financial services'. I have all of the payment details under the 'continue' button on my account. Seems everything is in order, just no final invoice yet.

This soundsexactly the same situation as me. No invoice and received the same text yesterday. I did send over £100 last night to get the ball rolling. That £100 has been taken off the amount due in my account.

Do have a new message saying 'additional payment required' now on the main account page. 😂

Seems everything is in order, just no final invoice yet.

I've only ever paid cash, so it might be that any sort of financial loan uses a different process. Dunno if you will see a Final Invoice if the car is financed (I think, technically, that when using Finance the invoice is From Tesla to Finance Company in that instance, and then you "Make payments" (for which you would get an invoice, or a "end of year statement" / similar), so perhaps the end user never sees a final invoice in that scenario?

I would expect you to get an Invoice, from Tesla, if you paid a deposit to them direct (e.g. the original £100-ish deposit if you paid that to Tesla and then "converted" you order to Finance)

I've only ever paid cash, so it might be that any sort of financial loan uses a different process. Dunno if you will see a Final Invoice if the car is financed (I think, technically, that when using Finance the invoice is From Tesla to Finance Company in that instance, and then you "Make payments" (for which you would get an invoice, or a "end of year statement" / similar), so perhaps the end user never sees a final invoice in that scenario?

I would expect you to get an Invoice, from Tesla, if you paid a deposit to them direct (e.g. the original £100-ish deposit if you paid that to Tesla and then "converted" you order to Finance)
Yeah, I've got an invoice for the £100 I paid.
I was thinking the same, I may only get the final invoice once I've paid the remaining deposit.

Are you paying the lease/PCP company, rather than direct to Tesla? I imagine that would be different.

If you are paying a Deposit, direct to Tesla, for a car on which the remainder will come from Lease Company then that sounds like a different process too ...

Any of these "different processes" might be more / less pitiful, in terms of "slick", than any other one!
I have a Tesla Financial Services PCP. The details are laid out in my account; deposit, 36 monthly payments, and final optional balloon payment.
About three weeks ago, the details of the bank to which I was to eventually pay, were removed. As a test, before that removal, (at your suggestion I believe) I transferred a fiver with my RN and saw it credited to my Tesla account within ninety minutes and resulting in my deposit reduced by said fiver.:)
So, if this process were to be repeated when I have the invoice, proof of payment will appear in the account. However, belt and braces to avoid disappointment; send or bring proof of the transfer.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I didn’t think DeliveryGB was monitored these days

Interesting, thanks. Maybe that has changed (my last purchase was February)

When I was corresponding with DeliveryGB there was a bag-tag in the subject, so that would have enabled them to keep all the conversation linked (i.e. for different support people to tackle any follow-on emails)

I got the Bag Tag by calling the normal number ... It went something along the lines of "Sorry about all the cockups, I'll send you an email now and if you reply to that we'll get it sorted". THAT email came as-from DeliveryGB (and had the Bag Tag) ... so that may have been salient in me actually, then, having been able to communicate effectively with DeliveryGB ... but maybe they've ditched it since ... and e.g. freshly introduced the POP procedure in its place ...

This soundsexactly the same situation as me. No invoice and received the same text yesterday. I did send over £100 last night to get the ball rolling. That £100 has been taken off the amount due in my account.

Do have a new message saying 'additional payment required' now on the main account page. 😂
Weird! You have bank detail for the transfer! Maybe they are undecided as to which account they want boosted with my enormous deposit:):rolleyes:.

I will relax (on this issue) until mid next week and if no change, I will then, after a good nights sleep, set out to get it sorted.

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks. Maybe that has changed (my last purchase was February)

When I was corresponding with DeliveryGB there was a bag-tag in the subject, so that would have enabled them to keep all the conversation linked (i.e. for different support people to tackle any follow-on emails)

I got the Bag Tag by calling the normal number ... It went something along the lines of "Sorry about all the cockups, I'll send you an email now and if you reply to that we'll get it sorted". THAT email came as-from DeliveryGB (and had the Bag Tag) ... so that may have been salient in me actually, then, having been able to communicate effectively with DeliveryGB ... but maybe they've ditched it since ... and e.g. freshly introduced the POP procedure in its place ...
P.O.P.: Point of Presence for the forthcoming popup Hubs. Maybe a more focused group providing Q End Mission Support (a group of temps over from SpaceX?)