Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It won't help you using the auto find option on insurance websites. The reg will only be registered with the DVLA on the day of collection/delivery so it won't appear on any database until then.

You should manually select and if you want to purchase you will have to call to provide your reg or VIN.
Yeah that’s what I’ve done and I’m at the buying stage where they want the reg. I explained it won’t be registered till pick up day.

Were there any collections from Glasgow yesterday? We saw a lot of Tesla's heading out of Glasgow towards east on M8. May just be coincidence but seemed like a lot more than I might normally see. Maybe usually see one or two but reckon we saw around 15 in the time it took to go from Edinburgh to Coatbridge.

Yeah that’s what I’ve done and I’m at the buying stage where they want the reg. I explained it won’t be registered till pick up day.
Exact same issue. Went to sort my insurance tonight. Be after an hour of comparison site repetition, and likely permanent carpel tunnel syndrome, found that you physically can't purchase online with any i tried. So I'll need to call them tomorrow... Pff.

Reactions: ROTA
Exact same issue. Went to sort my insurance tonight. Be after an hour of comparison site repetition, and likely permanent carpel tunnel syndrome, found that you physically can't purchase online with any i tried. So I'll need to call them tomorrow... Pff.
Most quotes are valid for 30 days, even on comparison sites. You don’t need a reg number till you actually buy. As mentioned before, the sweet spot is 21-24 days out. Luckily I managed to get a few decent quotes at this range and I’ll just call them up to purchase once a Reg number is provided to me.

I haven’t sent my full down payment, but I still can see my registration plate NL72 from Tesla account inside “final invoice”, just sorted my insurance yesterday which cost me £870
Which insurer? Keep getting could not retrieve quotes on the RWD model. Want even showing up on comparisons site until today.
Called Admiral this morning and they said I'm the fifth person to call to get a quote. Can't provide one since the pricing team need to check it.

Which insurer? Keep getting could not retrieve quotes on the RWD model. Want even showing up on comparisons site until today.
Called Admiral this morning and they said I'm the fifth person to call to get a quote. Can't provide one since the pricing team need to check it.
I did a comparison site check today and seeing some better prices than a couple of months ago. I suspect they will go up as I use car for business travel so need to ensure I am covered for that. I also checked direct line and they basically said they wouldn't insure me! Been driving for 20 years, no points on license. One accident in last 5 years - not my fault.
Crazy.

Edit: just tried LV. They specifically have a check box to say if it has parking sensors or dashcam. Interesting. They declined to insure because I said no tracker fitted.

Last edited:
Home straight

D337BA4C-F4F1-4C79-BF45-A2BD2883AE2C.jpeg

Just spoke to Tesla about my hidden VIN dropping on Friday. Wouldn’t tell me much about the ship however did confirm it has USS.

I actually would rather not have them and get the better cameras…is there a way to delay order?

I'm on a lease through Alphabet and just spoke to Tesla who said "mid December" is expected but they're waiting on info from my lease company. Spoke to my lease company who said Tesla have everything they need. Anyone had this battle on a lease? Lease saying it's sorted and waiting on Tesla, while Tesla are saying the lease company need to authorise the lease.

I did a comparison site check today and seeing some better prices than a couple of months ago. I suspect they will go up as I use car for business travel so need to ensure I am covered for that. I also checked direct line and they basically said they wouldn't insure me! Been driving for 20 years, no points on license. One accident in last 5 years - not my fault.
Crazy.

Edit: just tried LV. They specifically have a check box to say if it has parking sensors or dashcam. Interesting. They declined to insure because I said no tracker fitted.
So weird as technically it does have a tracker via app. Better than most trackers fitted to the cars these days!

I had search on moneysupermarket for my model Y long range but come back at least £3500, also look at direct line the price was £1200, finally got my insurance from churchchill which is only £870. I have quote from admiral but for reason they told me the price is £5000