Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TA at Cribbs has stated that they should have test drives starting in Feb. So one thought is they are just moving the Trafford and Thorpe cars around or another that some cars are due to land begging of Feb as I was originally told but not sure if they are all allocated for store?

What's everyone doing about mud flaps? I could be wrong but I don't think they're standard. I've seen a few pic of cars with paint issues without them, so I imagine it's best to get them as early as possible.

I've also seen people having issues connecting the rear flaps due to changes Tesla have made - is it therefore best to wait and see what connectivity we're provided?

I'd be wanting the simplest installation possible without likeliness of scraping on road bumps etc.

What's everyone doing about mud flaps? I could be wrong but I don't think they're standard. I've seen a few pic of cars with paint issues without them, so I imagine it's best to get them as early as possible.

I've also seen people having issues connecting the rear flaps due to changes Tesla have made - is it therefore best to wait and see what connectivity we're provided?

I'd be wanting the simplest installation possible without likeliness of scraping on road bumps etc.
The Model 3’s have been shipping with them along size paint protection at the bottom so I imagine the Y will be the same.

The Model 3’s have been shipping with them along size paint protection at the bottom so I imagine the Y will be the same.
That's amazing. Would also explain why there's no tesla official flaps on their store. Given the rest of Europe gets Y's also from Shanghai, I imagine they'd be configured the same too (as a way of confirmation).

Edit: Or perhaps a question for those who are test driving a RHD version: Confirm they're present or otherwise ask the question.

Last edited:
Given the rest of Europe gets Y's also from Shanghai, I imagine they'd be configured the same too (as a way of confirmation).
For the MY, Norway definitely gets them as standard so hopefully the UK will too. But no guarantee just because they come from the same factory - if they are like the M3 then they are fitted in country during prep.

Hi. I'm new on this forum and have similarly placed an order for a Model Y in the UK (evening of Day 1). Thank you for your post as I may similarly get an update from Tesla which I will now anticipate. Heard nothing so far! Will be following this forum with interest...
I win. I placed mine on the morning of Day 1 - no news yet. However I can report that the various third party accessories I ordered in antisipation all arrived 'next day' and are safely under my desk. This will be my third Tesla - and can report that the waiting doesn't get any easier. I have a Cyber Truck on order too; but am not holding my breath on that one.

Reactions: Marvin03 and dazzap
I win. I placed mine on the morning of Day 1 - no news yet. However I can report that the various third party accessories I ordered in antisipation all arrived 'next day' and are safely under my desk. This will be my third Tesla - and can report that the waiting doesn't get any easier. I have a Cyber Truck on order too; but am not holding my breath on that one.
What accessories can you recommend? I need something to keep me occupied whilst I refresh the shipping thread.

ditto

Do we know if the UK MY will come with the 2022 upgrades (AMD chip; New bat chemistry and Insulated rear windows etc.).

I believe there have been reports of some UK M3 deliveries in Dec having them? Just wondering if the first batch MY might have 12/2021 build dates and potentially miss the changes? (seems harsh for early buyers)

I had a poke around in the US forums (granted the US plant is noted as being behind in the change) and the MY changes are few and far between.