Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow Feb is quick.

The shipping time is frame (30 days) and I believe no ships are on route currently; we are looking at Mid to end Feb; I wonder how many will be on the first shipment. I think there a lot of M3 orders backing up to as well.

First delivery Feb
Screenshot_20220107-142131.png
2022 (message from Tesla)

Hate to say this but……Told you all Feb!

So Leaseplan was pretty spot on! Hahahah from now on if you want to know when orders are coming ignore all these threads and just find someone who has ordered via company car schemes and leaseplan.

There are two RHD UK Model Ys at Thorpe Park right now ready for the test drives tomorrow. I was asked not to post the photos I took (until tomorrow, obviously) but both of them were on Induction wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport EV tyres. First time for me seeing the Induction's in person and it instantly made up my mind that going for them was the correct call. Shanghai VINs. Gorgeous car. Going to make the wait until next month all that much longer!

There are two RHD UK Model Ys at Thorpe Park right now ready for the test drives tomorrow. I was asked not to post the photos I took (until tomorrow, obviously) but both of them were on Induction wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport EV tyres. First time for me seeing the Induction's in person and it instantly made up my mind that going for them was the correct call. Shanghai VINs. Gorgeous car. Going to make the wait until next month all that much longer!

Great info, thanks! Was really hoping that one of them would have the 19" wheels though.

Surely you could see if they had Cargo Covers :0)!

Outside the UK there are M3 and MY with some of the proposed changes but not all. Some with processors and not the new Lithium aux battery - some with the battery and not the processor. There are no official 2022 specifications so Tesla will fit whatever is available to them at the time. At some point in the future they will run out of old parts so only the new ones will be fitted but that could be months away.

I don't believe there are any M3s in the UK with AMD processors yet. Whether some/all/none of the 2022 Q1 vehicles will have it remains to be seen.
I received a text from Tesla saying the delivery will start from Feb. All Chinese Market Model Y Long Range and Performance now have AMD CPU so hopefully UK ones will have them as well.

Thanks for posting.
I've ordered from a lease company, in middle of November.
Am I right to assume I shouldn't be expecting an email from Tesla about next steps?

Also, anyone else ordered directly from Tesla, middle of November, received this email?

Just trying to figure out whether I'll be lucky enough to receive the MY in Feb too 🤞

That’s brilliant. Did they have mud flaps fitted?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.
I've ordered from a lease company, in middle of November.
Am I right to assume I shouldn't be expecting an email from Tesla about next steps?

Also, anyone else ordered directly from Tesla, middle of November, received this email?

Just trying to figure out whether I'll be lucky enough to receive the MY in Feb too 🤞
I ordered it last weekend and received the email.

Long shot but did it have some of the 2022 upgrades? ie Insulated rear doors (can be seen when opened) and were you cheeky and check the car spec on the screen to find the processor (AMD or Intel)?

I am curious on these cars to understand where they came from? where they shipped in December?

Surely you could see if they had Cargo Covers :0)!
Ha! I didn’t see one installed, sadly.

Long shot but did it have some of the 2022 upgrades? ie Insulated rear doors (can be seen when opened) and were you cheeky and check the car spec on the screen to find the processor (AMD or Intel)?

I am curious on these cars to understand where they came from? where they shipped in December?
Sadly didn’t get inside them otherwise I would have checked!!