Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had any luck using the stand-alone Tesla trade-in page to get a valuation added to their current order? After getting a price and saving it, web site says must be applied to an order within 7 days... but the valuation doesnt actually show up in my Tesla account.

Alternatively.. what page do have to lurk on for the chat support icon to appear?
If you saved it, it should be show up in your account trade-in page, try to click the button to log in in your valuation email.

just spoke to Tesla about by MYLR order as can't get to Southampton on Feb 19. they said they won't hold that car but I'll get assigned a new car on the next boat, which he thinks could be arriving as soon as end of Feb. He also confirmed that the LR will initially have Lithium Ion batteries and won't have a parcel shelf (not due until Q3 or Q4).

Reactions: hairysteve
Just spoke to Tesla, long wait times to speak to customer services at the moment, bank on being on hold for 45 minutes.
They wouldn't change collection from Southampton 19th Feb to Leicester or move the date to one I could do. 2 options were given, take car in Southampton on 19th Feb or be unmatched from car and wait to be matched for a later delivery - estimated to be mid March which seems to be consistent with what others are being told if the ship arrives end of Feb.
So i'm now unmatched and await a new VIN/ delivery scheduling text.

Reactions: Roarr
just spoke to Tesla about by MYLR order as can't get to Southampton on Feb 19. they said they won't hold that car but I'll get assigned a new car on the next boat, which he thinks could be arriving as soon as end of Feb. He also confirmed that the LR will initially have Lithium Ion batteries and won't have a parcel shelf (not due until Q3 or Q4).
This is ridiculous - they expect people to drive 3/4 each way instead of honoring the initially agreed pickup location?

Just spoke to Tesla, long wait times to speak to customer services at the moment, bank on being on hold for 45 minutes.
They wouldn't change collection from Southampton 19th Feb to Leicester or move the date to one I could do. 2 options were given, take car in Southampton on 19th Feb or be unmatched from car and wait to be matched for a later delivery - estimated to be mid March which seems to be consistent with what others are being told if the ship arrives end of Feb.
So i'm now unmatched and await a new VIN/ delivery scheduling text.

whats even the point of picking a delivery/collection option at order time then if they can just override it?

Reactions: RubberDuck46
Interestingly after a long phone hold I spoke to David in Deliveries who fully sympathised with my desire to go nowhere near southampton and to have a 22 plate on my Y. He said no problem...would not go to the back of the queue and should expect delivery first week in march at a more convenient location.
Got the impression that was not the first similar request he had received today!
We shall see....?
They placed mine on hold for early March delivery so they dont assign a car to me in Feb. Very simple process so recommend anyone who wants a March car to email or phone them.

This is ridiculous - they expect people to drive 3/4 each way instead of honoring the initially agreed pickup location?

Are they not allowing people to stick with their original agreed pickup location if they're happy to wait a little longer for their car? They didn't promise that you'd have a vehicle in February. They won't have any issues giving those initial vehicles out to people who are happy to collect them in person and those who wish to wait a little longer and collect from the originally agreed location can do so. If they'd actually promised a February delivery for your car from your agreed location, communicated that with you (and others in this thread) far in advance and set that expectaiton then I can understand the frustration. Well I can understand the "so near yet so far" element of the frustration, but I think people are being a touch overdramatic as well.

Ive done the same thing last September. I bought it under my tesla account and paid in full. Even though she was present, all they asked was to see my licence at which point I had to double check that with them that it was indeed being registered under her name. They never asked anything from her and also from both times ive done a collection, no one ever asked for any proof of insurance. Do bear in mind that you would of uploaded her driving licence online when you put her name down as the person which will be registered with the DVLA.

Im not saying this is set in stone but I do wonder how its done for those that have their cars delivered🤔
Thanks. Appreciate your reply 👍🏻

Reactions: Js1977
Anyone else with a pending trade in valuation still in the "Order" step in the next steps overview? I've filled everything in, agreed finance and registration details etc and still not moved to "Prepare for delivery". Wondering if the trade in valuation is hindering being allocated a car. Cheers

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 12.25.47.png

Reactions: Maplepho
Anyone else with a pending trade in valuation still in the "Order" step in the next steps overview? I've filled everything in, agreed finance and registration details etc and still not moved to "Prepare for delivery". Wondering if the trade in valuation is hindering being allocated a car. Cheers

View attachment 757807
I’m still at that stage too. Spoke to customer service and they said it doesn’t impact our place in the queue. If you are allocated a car they will prioritise you trade in. I was a 22 plate ideally so no complaints from me.