Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Piecing together the dates for the first deliveries, the first event seems to be on 15th in Bristol unless there's an earlier event I missed. So why would the Southampton event be 4 days later when the cars arrive at Southampton? I'd have thought the Southampton event would be first as no other transport is required.

I've taken up the offer (for me Southampton is 1hr 40mins away compared to Lakeside which is 50mins so thought that I may as well...) and I'm trading in. They know that I'm trading in and was offered Southampton so figure they've got a plan for the car!

As a side note, has anyone who's paying cash had their final bill through yet? I've been checking and it still says "preparing documents".
They’ll ask for final payment about 14-15 days before delivery date with the deadline of 7 days before the delivery date.

Last edited:
Reactions: YBoy and Silox
My working theory… they had a logistics issue where they couldn’t get all cars transported off ships to dealers. Maybe they were late to book transporters. No drivers or transporters already booked for other car manufacturer deliveries.

Can see them in a boardroom trying to find a solution to this £uck up. One guy suggests getting us muppets to pick them up directly off the ship. Great idea but how? Let’s throw a ‘launch event’ 😂

I’m sure they have some transporters just not enough to get them ALL moved.

My theory but I guess we will never know.

I declined their offer.
Not sure about the logistics argument. There’s lots of M3 orders being delivered/collected beforehand so presumably a few extra MY’s wouldn’t have broken the camels back?

Guy at Tesla says they have something “spectacular” arranged. Can’t see why he’d BS me about that as was no need but very intrigued to find out what it is given they have multiple locations
it was on Discovery + last week as is the next episode already but i don't subscribe
watching on quest+1. Tbh I wouldn’t bother.
You’re not going to learn anything

Waiting a bit to put my order in for a model Y, but enjoying the unfolding “special event” drama / build up. (Sorry some of you have had a bummer of a situation being told randomly to get your arse to the arse end of the country to pick your new wheels up) but…. You’ve got to admit there’s an oddly comedic element here which you wouldn’t get from the straight laced Germanic stealerships. Consider me emotionally invested folks, you’re treading a new path here.

P.S. please someone get some footage of this “spectacular” event in case it turns out to be like the Top Gear special where they set up an evening party to sell English made stuff in India

I can’t wait to see how they’re going to try and “dress up” some dockside in old Southampton.

Somewhere at some point in the last few weeks, some poor sod has probably been told by a marketing bod that they’ve got 2k to make a dockside look and “feel” like a “premium, futuristic” experience that owners “won’t forget” and which will encourage a “shared reaction of joy and enthusiasm” 🤮

🍿😬👍

Last edited:
I have a MY on order at status "drafting your contract" with just the £100 paid.
As it's going to be bought in cash and put through the accounts of my business as a capital asset I'd prefer to get it after 6th April, so in 22/23 tax year.
Do I contact Tesla now and ask them to delay my allocation, or wait until they contact me and then ask them to slip my order to the next batch?

I have a MY on order at status "drafting your contract" with just the £100 paid.
As it's going to be bought in cash and put through the accounts of my business as a capital asset I'd prefer to get it after 6th April, so in 22/23 tax year.
Do I contact Tesla now and ask them to delay my allocation, or wait until they contact me and then ask them to slip my order to the next batch?
100% yes! Why wouldn't you?

I’d expect they will push for all orders to be done by March in line with their end of quarter but I suppose there maybe the odd few available at the start of April.

I’d wait until they contact you and work from there

So, given I'm still waiting for my trade in offer, but have had the tesla loan finance approved, what happens when it is? Can the trade in be used against the loan or do I have to manually over pay? I assume there are no overpayment charges?

you can normally contact them and they’ll adjust. When I bought mine, they put the finance through on an incorrect price (they increased prices as the grant went away, but they were discounted on the site - I ordered in between). They adjusted the price and then adjusted the finance. Was very quick to do via chat