Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that the Tesla agents have had an internal Teams meeting regarding the spec of the first deliveries as they were getting tired of not knowing answers to all the questions coming over. According to Tesla Cribs they will have AMD and full double glazing and the extra range advertised but will not have the parcel shelf. This goes for all orders delivered Feb and March.

Also: They are getting lots of deferrals due to people wanting 22 plates.

Is it likely that parcel shelves will be retro fitted do we think?
In Hong Kong they were offered retrospectively as confirmed below:

Note: I have asked Cribbs if they can confirm this would be the same for the uk?

Attachments

• 5EF22EB1-DA02-4B74-B39F-5CDFDEDB7761.png
    5EF22EB1-DA02-4B74-B39F-5CDFDEDB7761.png
    809.1 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Roarr
As long as the space is there for one there will be 3rd party ones even if you can't buy them in the tesla shop.

The test drive cars didn't seem to have even the slots for them though.. so there's been a design change. Fingers crossed the shipping ones are only missing the part.
According to Cribbs all of the Q1 batch (no matter what ship) don’t have the parcel shelf. That’s not saying they don’t have the rails as they did in HK (same spec as us?).

Seems that the Tesla agents have had an internal Teams meeting regarding the spec of the first deliveries as they were getting tired of not knowing answers to all the questions coming over. According to Tesla Cribs they will have AMD and full double glazing and the extra range advertised but will not have the parcel shelf. This goes for all orders delivered Feb and March.

Also: They are getting lots of deferrals due to people wanting 22 plates.

now we just need similar clarity on LR battery/mofor combinations, and what sweepings from the floor are getting stuffed into the RWDs coming this quarter..

Has anyone had delivery texts if they ordered through lease companies? I called Tesla today and they said I haven’t been assigned a car yet. I think my order was place late nov early Dec. I cant check for VIN number as I don’t have the order on my account. Lease Co are saying vehicle is in transit and expected early March. MYLR

Has anyone had delivery texts if they ordered through lease companies? I called Tesla today and they said I haven’t been assigned a car yet. I think my order was place late nov early Dec. I cant check for VIN number as I don’t have the order on my account. Lease Co are saying vehicle is in transit and expected early March. MYLR

I spoke with my lease company (Rivervale) and they can only tell me March delivery. I ordered 20th November MYLR White - Black seats and black wheels.

TBH not in a massive rush but it is strange not being able to track it.

Last edited:
My order originally a Model 3 LR, and then swapped it to a Y LR 16/11/21. Status shows expected delivery as 30/9/2022!

I have emailed [email protected] to see if they know any more. Will post here if I get more details.👍

As long as the space is there for one there will be 3rd party ones even if you can't buy them in the tesla shop.

The test drive cars didn't seem to have even the slots for them though.. so there's been a design change. Fingers crossed the shipping ones are only missing the part.
There are 3rd party parcel shelves for the Tesla model Y, they are on their second iteration already :) £125-£140

According to Cribbs all of the Q1 batch (no matter what ship) don’t have the parcel shelf. That’s not saying they don’t have the rails as they did in HK (same spec as us?).

MY online manual for the UK still mentions a parcel shelf which looks promising: Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla
MY Parcel Shelf.jpg

Managed to negotiate picking up the model y on behalf of my mrs due to the prescriptive time and pick up location. A lovely drive from Loch Fyne (random) to the central belt await!

Hope I don’t get too many stone chips before I get to the ppf installer 2 hours down the road!

Same here, managed to get a quote for a Zappi install before the MY was added to the list and before I had a VIN. They just said as long as I have it before install not a problem.
Also had a slot booked for a zappi. I’ve asked if he needs a vin. But given he was keen to install before the car was on the list this week I doubt he’ll want a vin until he does the paperwork

Reactions: Silox