Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone receive their trade in offers yet? I literally received mine about an hour ago. On accepting the offer, the credit from the trade-in deducts the payment due amount which I guess was what I expected but not sure what happens next? Assume I will get notified of dates and when a car vin is allocated to me. Nothing much has changed on the account page on the website...sorry first time buying a Tesla so pretty new to this.
Same for me

Just confirmed delivery for the 19th Feb, super excited it’s my first Tesla and the second one we own as a family.

I previously owned an iPace, loved the car to bits however constantly needed to go back to JLR for fixes (one time for 4 months) also wasn’t happy with overall mileage the car would give, interior space and got stuck on the motorway once in a long distance journey due to being unable to find working chargers (was super jealous seeing Tesla owners super charging whilst I knew my car was going to die).

I did the test drive a week back, this is what I loved about the Model Y and my only one dislike.

Likes: Interior space, visibility, infotainment and ride height.

Dislike: iPace drive is a lot better, feels really sporty.

Reactions: Silox
Have you got a link to one of the good sets..?
acoustonaut said:
AliExpress (Chinese Amazon-type site) have the cheapest floor mats for complete coverage and also trunk/frunk liners. Mostly I get stuff in 1 - 2 weeks. Make sure you are selecting RHD MY from the many options, and only go with good reviews. So many tesla accessories on there it's insane, most of my products have been fine and much cheaper. Hope this helps.

Answer:
I have ordered a LR so that gets basic mats included and will see how i go with them. I am waiting on the following trunk/frunk mat set as it was the best deal I could find for that set:

From a quick search, this cabin all weather floor mat set seems good value and well reviewed:

Just a tip from experience, I always try to select products with free postage, as you won't get the postage refunded if there are any problems and you need to get refunded.
Hope these links get posted.

acoustonaut said:
AliExpress (Chinese Amazon-type site) have the cheapest floor mats for complete coverage and also trunk/frunk liners. Mostly I get stuff in 1 - 2 weeks. Make sure you are selecting RHD MY from the many options, and only go with good reviews. So many tesla accessories on there it's insane, most of my products have been fine and much cheaper. Hope this helps.

Answer:
I have ordered a LR so that gets basic mats included and will see how i go with them. I am waiting on the following trunk/frunk mat set as it was the best deal I could find for that set:

From a quick search, this cabin all weather floor mat set seems good value and well reviewed:

Just a tip from experience, I always try to select products with free postage, as you won't get the postage refunded if there are any problems and you need to get refunded.
Hope these links get posted.
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: acoustonaut
VIN showing in source code earlier today and delivery window of 16th Feb -02March. - MY LR Blue with inductions. Just got a text for Southampton collection on 19th Feb, which is a 4hr round trip. Anyone else had the same today?

Would really like to know what’s so special about the event (other than possibly earlier delivery) before doing their job for them…
Haha they’ve offered me Southampto, 8+ hour round trip!

VIN showing in source code earlier today and delivery window of 16th Feb -02March. - MY LR Blue with inductions. Just got a text for Southampton collection on 19th Feb, which is a 4hr round trip. Anyone else had the same today?

Would really like to know what’s so special about the event (other than possibly earlier delivery) before doing their job for them…
I'm going on 19th will be the quickest way

Reactions: sircoynie
I think I got the invite to pay yesterday. Or maybe the day before. Pick up for me is on the 16th.
I called my bank, they set up the transfer instruction (he said it would go FPS) limit online is much less than over the phone (like 10-15k he said but “it depends”; guess he didn’t check for me !)
I chickened out when he said it was “unverified” but I think that’s normal for a business account after reading an earlier post)
When I logged into my bank online the payment instruction to Tesla was set up,
so I sent a transfer of £190 to test it.
If it’s showing in my Tesla account tomorrow I’ll call my bank and send the rest.
I’ll post back when it’s showing on account👍🏻
£290 down - £59,000 to go 😳
Money showing on Tesla account this morning as expected, so all good. So now I’ll send 6 transfers of £10k by FPS or call the bank to transfer the whole balance 👍🏻

Reactions: Silox
Still waiting on a trade-in estimate after about 2 weeks or so. I got an email from my local Tesla Center after about a week asking me to complete my online forms and acknowledging that if trade in was the only incomplete part that there was a backlog.

Pickup planned for the Trafford center.

Current Model S contract ends late March so I’ll see how it goes. No hurry.

How about mud flaps? I presume we need to buy and fit them ourselves.
Open question at the moment. They have been supplying them with the Model 3 since late 2020 in the UK (and other markets that experience Winter). I think they're one of the things that are fit "in country" ie they don't come from the factory with them installed. I think we just need to wait and see when the first deliveries start to go out.

Reactions: ukmy and Roarr
Open question at the moment. They have been supplying them with the Model 3 since late 2020 in the UK (and other markets that experience Winter). I think they're one of the things that are fit "in country" ie they don't come from the factory with them installed. I think we just need to wait and see when the first deliveries start to go out.
I am glad that I read this. I was just about to order a set. I will wait for now.

How about mud flaps? I presume we need to buy and fit them ourselves.
I am expecting mud flaps to be fitted on to the Model Y's at delivery. It is country specific and most Northern European countries have had them fitted to the MYs at delivery from what I have read.

My thought is to hold off ordering floor mats and mud flaps and see what comes with the car. However, other accessories may be worth ordering.

Sadly just cancelled my MYLR order.
Scheduled delivery date changed three times and now been removed and is back to "we'll contact you to arrange delivery".
Still haven't received a single text from Tesla and they are as yet unable to explain why (but I suspect they have a truncation defect somewhere that is removing the leading 7 as well as the leading 0)
Tired of waited more than an hour on hold to speak to them.
I'm sure it's a great car but it's a matter of principle for me when spending 60 grand that I also receive reasonable customer service and experience.
I wish everybody well - sad it didn't work out for me.