Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea in all honesty - I'd guess that the model year is probably more important than the plate but all things being equal then holding off for a couple of weeks would seem like the sensible thing to do. Will need to start paying more attention to the shipping info thread to see when the next potential batch would be although I'm sure there would be a lot of competition for the ones in early March... dunno 🤷‍♂️ My first Tesla so I'm a bit clueless about their process - I'm assuming that, if I was given a pick-up date of the 21st Feb for example, there isn't the option to ask them to hold onto it for a few days until March?
Ok... Read from here : 64

Reactions: blert and RGZoro
Ok what's a vin finder?
Saw a post on reddit today sharing this google chrome extension. It automatically checks the source code for a vin when you go to your account overview page

Tesla VIN finder
Hi. This is a Google Chrome extension which can be downloaded. It's been really useful for me. Was notified today that I had lost my VIN (didn't respond to the Southampton 19th Event MY collection deadline from yesterday) followed by a ping to be notified of a new VIN being assigned to my order.

Hi. This is a Google Chrome extension which can be downloaded. It's been really useful for me. Was notified today that I had lost my VIN (didn't respond to the Southampton 19th Event MY collection deadline from yesterday) followed by a ping to be notified of a new VIN being assigned to my order.
You will get that if you log out and back it (tesla account) and then go to "manage your order" ... chances are your vin is still the same if you made note of it.

I have no idea in all honesty - I'd guess that the model year is probably more important than the plate but all things being equal then holding off for a couple of weeks would seem like the sensible thing to do. Will need to start paying more attention to the shipping info thread to see when the next potential batch would be although I'm sure there would be a lot of competition for the ones in early March... dunno 🤷‍♂️ My first Tesla so I'm a bit clueless about their process - I'm assuming that, if I was given a pick-up date of the 21st Feb for example, there isn't the option to ask them to hold onto it for a few days until March?

When I picked up my M3 14 months ago there was a few days to extend into if you needed to. It shouldn't be a 'take it or leave it' date and a little bit of flexibility provided. They just can't have cars hanging around clogging the place up and lowering their delivery throughput. I'm sure you'd be able to push maybe 5-7 days if you asked nicely.

Otherwise, as someone else said, that vin is reassigned and you go back into the allocation queue, that maybe a couple of days or months depending on your luck.

Reactions: blert
When I picked up my M3 14 months ago there was a few days to extend into if you needed to. It shouldn't be a 'take it or leave it' date and a little bit of flexibility provided. They just can't have cars hanging around clogging the place up and lowering their delivery throughput. I'm sure you'd be able to push maybe 5-7 days if you asked nicely.

Otherwise, as someone else said, that vin is reassigned and you go back into the allocation queue, that maybe a couple of days or months depending on your luck.
Second that. They wait upto 7 days. The first batch of deliveries I guess they have many orders to complete so not being flexible. They waiting a week for me when I picked up my model 3.

Reactions: blert

Second that. They wait upto 7 days. The first batch of deliveries I guess they have many orders to complete so not being flexible. They waiting a week for me when I picked up my model 3.

Okay, thank you both and I think decision made then... hire car is costing about £600 per month at the moment so I guess will try to push the date into March if possible and, if not, then just accept the pick-up and count myself to be very fortunate to be driving a fun new car :)

No idea.

Maybe they prioritised;
No trade in and no finance on the car?
Order date?

Maybe there are 100 black Model Y’s already at Duxford?

I ordered a black MY, white interior, 20”.
Ordered within first week of Tesla opening order book and it’s closer to my location (just).
Other than that no specific reason why I or the ‘supposed’ other 100 people will be picking our cars up from Duxford on the
Fair Enough. Although very strange that Tesla is not aware on anything earlier than Feb 19th.