Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, first time poster here (long term reader). Thank you all for sharing such useful info.
MY LR blue, black int., ordered back on the 22nd Oct. Had a last minute offer (which expired on the 30th Jan) to pick up on the 19th Feb in Southampton as part of their launch thing… ignored as it just wasn’t suitable for a few reasons.

Just had another sms through last night to say it’s time to schedule pick up from Bristol (preferred location) - between 26th Feb & 3rd Mar. This time went for 3rd Mar as the only day which was free… also, by the looks of things, this date will 1. likely open up more insurer options 2. Result in a 22 plate - whatever that’s worth.

Do those assumptions seem about right to you?

Reactions: Pete UK and Pau1
Who else is sitting staring at the screen doing refreshes every 30 minutes hoping to see the elusive VIN 😇

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 09.44.43.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 09.44.43.png
    437.3 KB · Views: 64
Who else is sitting staring at the screen doing refreshes every 30 minutes hoping to see the elusive VIN 😇
I had been searching the source code without joy 3 times a day for about 3 weeks. Totally forgot I'd download the Tesla VIN Finder extension for chrome. Logged in to my Tesla account on Tuesday and a pop up appeared from the extension telling me the VIN. Almot spat my coffe out.

Has anyone else - specifically for the Special Collection in Anglesey - but indeed anywhere else - had their appointment time changed by Text Message in the last 24 hours?

My new ‘slot’ is now apparently from 11.30 - 12 (1/2 hour) on the 16th February. Apparently they have only 24 collections to fulfil on that day. Meaning for Me - the slot has been brought forward 6 hours. Which is fine - except Anglesey on the North tip of Wales - is a 4 hour train journey (for Me) and there are no trains from the South to the North that arrive before 2PM. - round trip Craven Arms / Shrewsbury / Chester / Holyhead - Apparently if I am not there by 12PM - the slot will be lost and I will go to the back of the Q.

So.. Train tickets booked (and paid for) lost - unless - as far as I can work out - I now go up the day before and book a hotel room somewhere (more expense) - but do I trust Tesla Customer Service not to change things round again?

The only alternative offered - cancel the slot and wait for a re-allocation sometime in March - but hey.. bonus - I will be allocated a '22 plate (who cares).

Last edited:
Has anyone else - specifically for the Special Collection in Anglesey -but indeed anywhere else - had their appointment time changed by Text Message I the last 24 hours? My new ‘slot’ is now apparently from 11.30 - 12 (1/2 hour) on the 16th February. Apparently they have only 24 collections to make on that day. Meaning for Me - the slot has been brought forward 6 hours. Which is fine - except Anglesey on the North tip of Wales - is a 4 hour train journey (for Me) and there are no trains from the South to the North that arrive before 2PM. - round trip Craven Arms / Shrewsbury / Chester/ Holyhead - Apparently if I am not there by 12PM - the slot will be lost and I will go to the back of the Q. So.. Train tickets booked (and paid for) lost - unless - as far as I can work out - I now go up the day before and book a hotel room somewhere (more expense) - but do I trust Tesla Customer Service not to change things round again? The only alternative offered - cancel the slot and wait for a re-allocation sometime in March - but hey.. bonus - I will be allocated a '22 plate (who cares).
Go for the 22 and have it delivered to your local Tesla shop

Reactions: VX Foxy
Just talked to Tesla rep to change my order and he told me that a text would be sent out on the 18th or 19th Feb regarding the allocation of a car for delivery in early to mid March. I assume this will be for the next shipment of cars that will set off from Shanghai shortly. Going to be a nail biting few weeks!
When did you place the order ? And where are you collecting from ?

Just talked to Tesla rep to change my order and he told me that a text would be sent out on the 18th or 19th Feb regarding the allocation of a car for delivery in early to mid March. I assume this will be for the next shipment of cars that will set off from Shanghai shortly. Going to be a nail biting few weeks!
oh oh that might be me. Can't wait.
Am looking at Plates For Cars - Europe's Leading Number Plate Supplier as they have nice green / EV options for license plates.