Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is double glazed.
Are you sure here's a photo of the front window and they look different?

IMG_1182.jpeg

Reactions: RichardTheKing
I went for a test drive this morning at Glasgow and I noticed the car had PPF on the back doors and mudflaps on I asked if the car will come with that and they said yes.Also I don't think it has the double glass on the rear doors and no parcel shelf. Also Im collecting at Southampton on the 19th February he told me Tesla are trying to brake a world record for the most cars delivered in one day

Thanks for the info :) I don’t suppose you took a close up photo of the tyres? I’m curious which model of Hankook tyres they’re fitting since the T0 specific Ventus S1 Evo3 tyres are only available in 104W and the OEM spec is 104Y.

I went for a test drive this morning at Glasgow and I noticed the car had PPF on the back doors and mudflaps on I asked if the car will come with that and they said yes.Also I don't think it has the double glass on the rear doors and no parcel shelf. Also Im collecting at Southampton on the 19th February he told me Tesla are trying to brake a world record for the most cars delivered in one day View attachment 768043View attachment 768044View attachment 768045View attachment 768046View attachment 768047View attachment 768048
What did you think of it in person? I'm away at the moment in Faro and saw my first MY in the wild this week - a blue one. Nicer colour than I expected! Looked so very different in person than photos and videos! After seeing UK roads awash with MS and M3 my brain couldn't quite comprehend what I was seeing! So different from the M3 but the rear looked narrower than photos make it out. Almost like someone pinched the backside of an X! Wife was like 'er I thought you were getting a 4x4!' does look smaller in real life!

What did you think of it in person? I'm away at the moment in Faro and saw my first MY in the wild this week - a blue one. Nicer colour than I expected! Looked so very different in person than photos and videos! After seeing UK roads awash with MS and M3 my brain couldn't quite comprehend what I was seeing! So different from the M3 but the rear looked narrower than photos make it out. Almost like someone pinched the backside of an X! Wife was like 'er I thought you were getting a 4x4!' does look smaller in real life!
Yeah it was better than I thought I was expecting to hate it because people was saying about the rear window and ride quality bit personal I could see fine out the back window yeah its not big but you can see out it. the ride quality is just the same as the M3 in my opinion.

hi don't know if this helpsView attachment 768055

Thanks so much! I’m really glad to see that they’re the EV version! I just wonder if they’re 104W or 104Y. Not super important but the tyre nerd in me wants to know :)

EDIT: I found the OEM tyre info and they’re 104W. I’m sure I saw 104Y somewhere else but this is good news because the Michelin Pilot Sport EV tyres are available in 255/45/19 104W. EU Tyre Labelling

Last edited:
Yeah it was better than I thought I was expecting to hate it because people was saying about the rear window and ride quality bit personal I could see fine out the back window yeah its not big but you can see out it. the ride quality is just the same as the M3 in my opinion
:) Thanks! Interesting that the demo models are riding stock 19' - the guy at the store said "please dont upgrade to the 20' you will hate it" when I test drove the M3 before ordering the MY. So pleased I stuck with Stock. The guys from Rimetrix say they will be shipping the Laminar's to UK by next month so going to be doing that - but I will say the Geminis on the MY on the blue car I saw looked alright.

I think you are right, sorry. Maybe it's just the test cars? I thought MY was now double pane front and rear. The only reference i can find is the MIC MYP has double front and rear - I'd be surprised if they differentiated between LR and P... not long til we find out for sure!
yeah I don't think they will. the sales rep said the cars are here already and the he's flying down to Southampton on Friday morning and Tesla workers are collecting there's on Friday and helping out on the event on the Saturday.

:) Thanks! Interesting that the demo models are riding stock 19' - the guy at the store said "please dont upgrade to the 20' you will hate it" when I test drove the M3 before ordering the MY. So pleased I stuck with Stock. The guys from Rimetrix say they will be shipping the Laminar's to UK by next month so going to be doing that - but I will say the Geminis on the MY on the blue car I saw looked alright.
yeah I was surprised to see the 19". I've order Blue with 19" but I have seen aftermarket Tesla 19" alloys that looks like the 20"

I went for a test drive this morning at Glasgow and I noticed the car had PPF on the back doors and mudflaps on I asked if the car will come with that and they said yes.Also I don't think it has the double glass on the rear doors and no parcel shelf. Also Im collecting at Southampton on the 19th February he told me Tesla are trying to brake a world record for the most cars delivered in one day View attachment 768043View attachment 768044View attachment 768045View attachment 768046View attachment 768047View attachment 768048
They are attempting 1,000 cars in 1 day @ Southampton I was told by my Tesla pickup call

Def need to call CS in the morning on that one. Harsh. One day out from 1/3 March registration.

Well, must totally take back my whinge. Rang this morning and it was moved to the 1st without any argument. Also moved to final invoice stage so that I can get on with bank transfers. Guy was very helpful, polite and quick. I was off the phone in about a min and account updated immediately. So quick I forgot to ask which ship it's on 😔

Good result.

Reactions: Roarr
Geminis look good against black body, hope I don’t regret the 20”s
I’ve ordered Pearl White/Black/20’s, but I’m used to driving an Audi S3 so not worried about a firm ride. The roads around Glasgow Tesla are terrible condition and the MY today was pretty good over the bumps and potholes compared to the S3. I don’t think the MY was quite as nippy as the M3 we test drove last October but still a lovely smooth ride and plenty of acceleration when you wanted it!!