Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve ordered Pearl White/Black/20’s, but I’m used to driving an Audi S3 so not worried about a firm ride. The roads around Glasgow Tesla are terrible condition and the MY today was pretty good over the bumps and potholes compared to the S3. I don’t think the MY was quite as nippy as the M3 we test drove last October but still a lovely smooth ride and plenty of acceleration when you wanted it!!
I know where you’re coming from, currently have an A5 with sports suspension and my hope is that it can’t get much worse than that in the city

They are attempting 1,000 cars in 1 day @ Southampton I was told by my Tesla pickup call
Think I prefer the idea of my delivery to the door on the 2nd March. 1000 cars in one day sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, especially if you have had a long journey to get there.

Also asked about the tow hitch today when we were in Glasgow. Told they still don’t have any info on cost/complexity to fit. M3 was £1300 but they had no wiring. They need to investigate if the wiring is already in place on MY but hadn’t been able to do this yet as the car had just arrived. Expecting more info in next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Zanbar
yeah I was surprised to see the 19". I've order Blue with 19" but I have seen aftermarket Tesla 19" alloys that looks like the 20"
Such a lovely colour the blue with 19'. Looked really nice in the flesh! Well spec'd my friend! Went for stock white as I thought it would hide defects better - plus I love my white weekend car. Although that was before I moved to a village that's a mudpit in winter so will probably regret that! You know the place where you cant read the rear plates of any car 😂 looks like I'll be putting the kids of the local car wash owner through college 🤣

Reactions: rybo1990
RE: the rear window double pane discussion. The VIN for the black MY test vehicle is shown in the last picture with the screen. It’s a 2021 model (M in the 10th position of the VIN). New UK MYs will be 2022 models (N in the 10th position of the VIN) so may still have double pane rear windows.
I test drove MSM MY at Guildford recently and that one was with double panel rear windows.

Think I prefer the idea of my delivery to the door on the 2nd March. 1000 cars in one day sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, especially if you have had a long journey to get there.

Also asked about the tow hitch today when we were in Glasgow. Told they still don’t have any info on cost/complexity to fit. M3 was £1300 but they had no wiring. They need to investigate if the wiring is already in place on MY but hadn’t been able to do this yet as the car had just arrived. Expecting more info in next couple of weeks.

be right back… off to setup a diesel generator at winchester services at £1 per kwh..

Several of us waiting on model 3s had the same. I’m now picking up from southampton, others from bluewater. Brent Cross isn’t ready yet for pickups it seems (after they closed thorpe park as the park is getting ready to reopen)

so probably real unfortunately
The guys at Westfield showroom said that Brent Cross is being refurbed 18-28 February, hence Bluewater alternative. Should be back at Brent Cross March 1

The test drive Ys were probably in chill mode (which makes sense if people are going to try one who are used to the acceleration of a typical shitbox).. in standard they're quite nippy.
Interestingly had the opposite at Thorpe Park. I'm used to driving a typical shitbox so I went to change to chill mode as had the Mrs in the and wanted it to be a smooth ride (so she would approve of the purchase). The guy who explained how the car works said 'nah leave it as is you'll be fine.'

Me too. Disgusting way they do it and give people who ordered a week ago a car earlier because you didn’t say how high when they said jump for the 19th
The joys of a PR stunt taking presidence over customer expectation of fair treatment! They will probably argue you are still getting your car in early ‘22 (assuming you eventually get matched with a car in March). Unfortunately it does create the perception of queue jumping for anyone that wasn’t prepared to drop everything to attend the ‘special’event, particularly as Tesla haven’t been able to follow up quickly with a counter offer for delivery of a car.

Reactions: Stuart1979