Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been playing around a bit - I have the 20” and I really love them - I don’t feel it is worse than my X5 with runflats. Road noise is also similar to driving the X5 M50 - the engine was so soundproofed internally.

The interior and build is all really high quality the only rattle I hear is the car seats for kids. Exterior had minor paint scuff on driver side rear wing - but not scratches just looks like someone brushed past it.

I haven’t checked the usb-c I will have to dig out a cable and check - only ever see using the rear ones for kids as the wireless charging works fine!

The only snag I had was Spotify just said connecting without any sign in prompt. Found a YouTube video basically changed the display language from English UK to English and it worked.

I don’t hear any noise from the lack of parcel shelf, and I loved the storage back there for shopping! 😂

Super happy with the car
My USB C’s all charge

Congrats to all those receiving their Model Y's this week! :). I ordered mine mid November '21 and changed spec from White/Black/19's to White/Black/20's in mid Jan '22 post test drive, just called and spoken with a Tesla rep as I am not matched to any vehicle at present, all pre-delivery tasks completed and trade in approved weeks ago. The dilemma is my local Audi dealer is offering £600 more for my Q7 than the current Tesla trade in offer (which expires on 21/03/22) but Audi dealer wants it on 21/02/22. The Tesla rep told me there are 5 boats en-route with up to 5000 vehicles each (and 3 more heading to Shanghai to collect cars), delivery times could go to May/June as a result due to the unprecedented demand and 2nd hand car values are also going up and get reviewed every 60 days by Tesla (subject to mileage/condition and market demand). Apparently someone has made £2500 more on their trade in offer as a result recently. Of course he also said things could go the other way but at present the 2nd hand market is looking more positive. I do have use of 2 other cars but now undecided whether to let the Q7 go next week (will save me taxing it and MOT'ing it next month) or not as its the larger car in our home setup. Tesla cannot commit to delivery date yet and so I will kick myself if prices go up but equally if they go down :rolleyes:

Checked my Tesla account this morning. Trade-in valuation was there for my Model S. Surprised that it was for more than motorway.co.uk suggested when I checked their website the other day.

Now my forms are all complete. Just waiting on a more precise pick up date than March 1-15. And wondering with all those blue Ys before how many red ones I'll see at the Trafford centre when I go.

Insurance for the Model Y looks like it is only £100 more than for my Model S.

Just got home from Bristol delivery and read through this so far. Offering my summary here, going into a bit more detail where I can hopefully add a bit of definitive value given my automotive development background.

I was picking up 2 MY's today and I will start by saying that they are both very solidly built, no squeaks and rattles, no panel gap issues (large but consistent, so OK) and I AM VERY HAPPY at this stage. Everything else here that sounds like moans is just critique, with me having assessed 100's of cars through the years for all aspects, but particularly for Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) and Audio and Infotainment. I am happy because THE CARS ARE GREAT!

Event:
The event was a non-event and Tesla made a gaff by calling it a Delivery Event and telling me on the phone there would be swag and cool other stuff presumably to tempt us to take a 71 plate rather than wait 2 weeks. I was told it would be "spectacular." Not cool Tesla, not cool. That said, if the cars had be badly built and the event amazing, that would have been far, far worse. So overall, good. (Tesla have an exceptional control over their operating costs and today we saw why other car companies only make 5% operating margin and Tesla make about 18% - They spent £50 on Jaffa cakes!) So overall, the right balance, first world problems. TAKE UMBRELLAS THIS WEEK BECAUSE CARS ARE ALL OUTSIDE!

OK the car info:
Weirdly my blue car has the paint protection film in front of the rear wheels and my black car doesn't?!?!
Both have front mud flaps only.
Neither car has any of the Type C USB ports working. This will be a service fix, until then, wireless charging or 12V socket through an adaptor only. (The sockets are there but not the printed circuit boards behind them. (THIS WAS NOT STATED TO US TODAY.)
No parcel shelves, no ledges for them, the Ali express third party part is the way to go as it has the additive side mouldings included.
Can't really comment on the paint finish as its just been too wet, not too worried about this, Shanghai doesn't have the old paint shop like Fremont, so I'm not expecting issues.
2021 software as delivered was reliable, but I am only downloading 2022 software now I'm back on WIFI.
Side glass, I think I can clear this up for everyone - Yes it has laminated side glass fitted front and rear. (This is what some people call double glazing.) So, YES we have the new uprated rear glass to compliment the front glass already changed a couple of years ago. BUT, This laminated glass (poly-vinyl bonded or PVB) does not look to me to be acoustic PVB, just ordinary PVB. (acoustic PVB normally has an ear symbol on the markings or the word acoustic. Basically this normal PVB offers about half the benefit of acoustic PVB (at around half the cost) but to my tuned ears it has done the job well on this vehicle. I was VERY pleasantly surprised by how good this car was. For anyone still reading at this point, the parcel shelf would provide SOME benefit, but not much. There was no dominating higher frequency openness coming from the rear, but some mid frequency that was inoffensive to me. (Would be of more benefit to rear passengers, obviously.) The mid frequency from the rear would have me treating the rear tub with damping and some felt below that trim. If I were tasked with making that car quieter tomorrow I would be heading straight to the second set of door seals sold on ali express to give the greatest benefit, as without doing this, any other money spent on a parcel shelf or otherwise would offer little benefit. I will be living with the car as it is for a while before making any mods, as I find it to be that good. Wind noise was good, road noise was good, biggest niggle beinng the very audible whines when the vehicle starts pre-conditioning for super-charging. That said, all opinions will be different and fall within a bell curve as at least 50% of acoustics is psychoacoustics and brains are highly subjective and variable. My dissertation for my degree many years ago was actually on subjective responses to vehicle noise, so I know we will all hear whatever we hear, and be valid opinions! Therefore I'm not saying whether you should be happy or not, just offering an explanation to maximise any further investment value.

It's a great car, good luck everyone, hope this helps. Just don't get your hopes up beyond getting a great car at the event!
Forgot to attach the pics of the front and rear side glass markings. Weird to me that it is different manufacturers for front and rear. I know SGS (The manufacturer of the front glass) mark their side glass as acoustic when it is, so I'm pretty confident this is all non-acoustic PVB. Also both are declared as 4.3mm thick and no-one would ever put acoustic lamination on the rear but not the front.

I think that puts the concerns over glass to rest, it's included and it's good enough.
Blue with Inductions is what I've gone for, really happy with that choice after seeing this one

Wow!!!! Sea of Blue!!!! 🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙

Would you mind taking more hi res pictures of that wrapped car please? And also if you can ask where they had the wrapping done? Amazing wrap.
I asked 4 people and they had no idea. But said it was a great job.
5C346EE2-CCD1-4B1C-9A49-F0956C83C69C.jpeg
5D2D3D45-6420-4F8E-8321-2E52E8403475.jpeg
F168DE61-DED6-45C8-ACD8-AB15B25642D6.jpeg
8536D094-B910-4CF9-93B5-EF897F17CFED.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: s88ats and ukmy
Congrats to all those receiving their Model Y's this week! :). I ordered mine mid November '21 and changed spec from White/Black/19's to White/Black/20's in mid Jan '22 post test drive, just called and spoken with a Tesla rep as I am not matched to any vehicle at present, all pre-delivery tasks completed and trade in approved weeks ago. The dilemma is my local Audi dealer is offering £600 more for my Q7 than the current Tesla trade in offer (which expires on 21/03/22) but Audi dealer wants it on 21/02/22. The Tesla rep told me there are 5 boats en-route with up to 5000 vehicles each (and 3 more heading to Shanghai to collect cars), delivery times could go to May/June as a result due to the unprecedented demand and 2nd hand car values are also going up and get reviewed every 60 days by Tesla (subject to mileage/condition and market demand). Apparently someone has made £2500 more on their trade in offer as a result recently. Of course he also said things could go the other way but at present the 2nd hand market is looking more positive. I do have use of 2 other cars but now undecided whether to let the Q7 go next week (will save me taxing it and MOT'ing it next month) or not as its the larger car in our home setup. Tesla cannot commit to delivery date yet and so I will kick myself if prices go up but equally if they go down :rolleyes:
cancel the trade in and redo the trade in see how it goes. I saw this approach the other day and I recevied £1000 more trade in value

Reactions: Bathurst
cancel the trade in and redo the trade in see how it goes. I saw this approach the other day and I recevied £1000 more trade in value
unfortunately I don't have the option on the website or app to cancel trade-in as I accepted it weeks ago only to be offered slightly more by Audi, all I can see are a list of completed tasks and trade in value. How would I go about doing this?

unfortunately I don't have the option on the website or app to cancel trade-in as I accepted it weeks ago only to be offered slightly more by Audi, all I can see are a list of completed tasks and trade in value. How would I go about doing this?
same for me, you will have to call tesla to cancel the trade in and then call them few days later again to enable the trade in. You dont even need to upload new photos.

Reactions: Bathurst
same for me, you will have to call tesla to cancel the trade in and then call them few days later again to enable the trade in. You dont even need to upload new photos.
ok thanks, I did try the trade in option under Menu which gives you an indicative estimate and its a few thousand pounds lower than current firm offer so unsure to whether to cancel it formerly and re-apply it in case it goes down :(.

Ok, so brief post delivery update from Duxford:

Jaffa cakes ❌
Parcel shelf ❌
Rain ❌

PPF on rear near wheels ✅
Free (Tesla?) Umbrella in boot ✅
Acoustic rear glass ✅ (not double glazed but the expected thin second acoustic layer)
Charge: 217 miles range showed on mine ✅
Battery: I asked and they said its 75Kw’s but I’m not 100% convinced.
Rear USB-C’s: didn’t work when I plugged my cable in to my iphone - BUT I called them over and he explained you need an ‘certified APPLE’ compatible cable ! He plugged his in and it worked, it’s only a cable thing - so v happy ✅
Paint: all seems good ✅
Cleanliness inside ✅
Defects: none ✅

Additionally;
20” induction wheels - went over multiple large potholes on way home; no booming or thudding, ride was excellent very quiet !
Ride: didn’t seem overly firm - normal.
Parcel shelf - all windows are blacked out in the rear quarter with a very dark tint, so you car hardly see what’s in there without a torch. (And it was quite sunny). You can see in when very close up - just. (cover with a blanket if worried or buy the aftermarket parcel shelf or stick it in the lower trunk.)
Software update takes 25 mins.
Any more questions I’ll try answer later when I’ve figured out how to work all the gizmo’s.

Very pleased. Excellent car. Off for a spin now…

😁