Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you just want to delete the EAP option this shouldn't delay your delivery as this functionality can be enabled/disabled remotely by Tesla and doesn't require any hardware changes.

or Tesla might consider someone else with the same spec (inc EAP) and move your order to them and move you down the list. Worth checking - yes they can enable remotely but their allocation process (whatever that is) might not allow for it

Reactions: Roarr

Has there been any “research” done into how many miles are “lost” with these on vs Gemini vs 20’ alloys

Also as I’m “car stupid” why does bigger alloys eg 20 vs 19 give a firmer ride when the wheel size is the same ?

Last edited:

Has there been any “research” done into how many miles are “lost” with these on vs Gemini vs 20’ alloys

Also as I’m “car stupid” why does bigger alloys eg 20 vs 19 give a firmer ride when the wheel size is the same ?
Plenty of videos on YouTube, just do a search, in essence around town the gemini covers offer little range improvement but on a motorway 20 miles or so improvement over the 20's and I think 10-15 miles over 19's with no covers.

More tyre/air on the smaller wheels?

WLTP is 331miles on the 20's, Tesla estimate WLTP to be 351miles on the 19's

1645198175793.png

1645198186333.png

*Remember WLTP is unrealistic..

Reactions: Helguson17

There's a a few YouTube videos where people have tested the range in a reasonably scientific way on each wheel - try Bjorn Nyland or GJeebs. Basically they conclude that the difference in Tesla's range estimates between the two is about right, i.e. 15-20 miles more on 19".

The ride is more cushioned on the 19" because the tyre wall is bigger so more rubber between road and alloy.

There's a a few YouTube videos where people have tested the range in a reasonably scientific way on each wheel - try Bjorn Nyland or GJeebs. Basically they conclude that the difference in Tesla's range estimates between the two is about right, i.e. 15-20 miles more on 19".

The ride is more cushioned on the 19" because the tyre wall is bigger so more rubber between road and alloy.
...or "what @Bathurst said" :)

Reactions: Bathurst
So its best to go for original and order the 20 inches afterwards ? We are like better off by a grand ?
Personally I hate dislike black wheels. I think the silver 19’s they put on M3’s are super sexy but I REALLY like the Gemini wheel covers.

Don’t be swayed by others. In the words of Brian “you are all individuals” 🤣

Last edited:
I may be in the minority on this forum but I really like the stock aero covers. I also like the fact that I can easily replace them if they get scuffed, cost £2,100 less, give more range and ride better!
Complete agreement with you. My wife has a hub cap missing of her Toyota and it looks similar to the £2100 induction option for the wheels ....looks as if something is missing.

But live and let live ..... everyone has their own tastes

Last edited:
Complete agreement with you. My wife has a hub cap missing of her Toyota and it looks similar to the £2100 option for the wheels ....looks as if something is missing.
I went from low profile tyres to the 18"aero and I do love that I don't have to worry so much about pot holes. You could not even mount a curb at parking speed in my old car with out potentially damaging the wheel though the tyre. Now I can just bump up and down curbs with impunity. If I switch to a Y I will stick with the 19" aeros

Reactions: Stuart1979