Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• B36BD9A5-C6EC-417F-AB7A-6A7B78CE84EA.jpeg
    B36BD9A5-C6EC-417F-AB7A-6A7B78CE84EA.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 96
WRT cash payment.
How late did you leave the bank transfer?
As I read it - so long has you can provide full payment receipt within 48hrs of collection all should be good.
I thought they had to have payment in full to complete registration? I would recommend re-reading your "next steps" and checking the SMS. I paid 1 week after getting invoice the full amount and registration did not come through till 11 days later.

Has anyone heard anything about yesterday being a world record for number of cars ‘delivered’? I thought they were aiming for 1000….
Hi Silox - they quoted 850 at the event and nothing seems to be quoted in the press. You would think that the motoring news would be interested that the car is on the road in the UK In the last week. We certainly had interest from the neighbours - they had been wanting to see it. I expect Elon's sales will now increase though I wonder what the delivery times will be later this year?

Yes! V5C came through yesterday (19th Feb), 3 days after MY collection. Nah, its not possible, you need the reference number from the V5C unfortunately. Tried everything !

When the V5C lands on your doormat, you can assign the new reg number online via the DVLA (Beta). This is instantly assigned, which is pretty cool but you have to put the new plates on your car immediately (and tell your insurance company) before you can drive it on the road again legally.

Check requirements here 👇 and click on the green box to assign the new Registration number

Assign New Reg to your Vehicle 7am - 7pm ONLY !

Also, anyone with Admiral car insurance, you can inform them of your new reg online, and it only costs £5.50 (more by phone), new docs appear shortly after to print out your new policy with the revised registration.

👍

Just wish TFL was this easy for applying for an electric vehicle exemption for the CC - takes up to 10 days and my original reg wasn't in their database allegedly. So you still have to pay full rate. Now, I've changed my reg, god knows how long it'll take 😬
So, re the TFL CC exemption, maybe it makes sense to do the private plate bit and get the new V5 before applying to TFL..?

Hmmmm going by this thread link below, it would appear to be 82kWh batteries now installed if we go by your V5C 👍🏻

So according to this its 79? [Wiki] Model 3 / Model Y - Batteriewiki / Akkuwiki

Reactions: rnbetsy
How’re you getting CC exemption? Sorry if I missed something

EVs are exempt from congestion charge in london. Well technically 100% discount. You have to register a car for discount which costs £10 for the year. Don’t know if you have to set up autopay which is another £10 but I did. You upload proof of ownership and proof of zero emissions and it normally comes through in a couple of working days. I sent images of the first two pages of my V5 - cover shows me owning, and inside left page shows its electric

I had registration supplied via email over a week before I
I thought they had to have payment in full to complete registration? I would recommend re-reading your "next steps" and checking the SMS. I paid 1 week after getting invoice the full amount and registration did not come through till 11 days later.
I had Vin & Reg before I placed any further money towards full balance of cash purchase.
The reg was supplied to me in response to an email to customer services.

EVs are exempt from congestion charge in london. Well technically 100% discount. You have to register a car for discount which costs £10 for the year. Don’t know if you have to set up autopay which is another £10 but I did. You upload proof of ownership and proof of zero emissions and it normally comes through in a couple of working days. I sent images of the first two pages of my V5 - cover shows me owning, and inside left page shows its electric
Omg, I have missed a trick here then. Even worse considering the 2 CC fines I've had in the past :(
Thanks so much!

Wouldn't have thought you need to set up auto pay if the car is exempt/100% discounted. Did set this up for our other EV but not been into the CC area yet.

Anyone else able to confirm this?

I've got my V5C in my hand, it says Y5LD !

So its confirmed then?.... 79kW

View attachment 771850
I have spent hours on this looking through threads. I think it is safe to say it's the newer larger battery (not the special new ones 4680s). So the range will be what is on the website now, which is great news indeed. Legend for sharing, the only question now is why some say 79kwh and some say 82kwh. I think it's a designation question between usable and total and I think they are the same. I think again that the usable is 79kwh which is based on my thread reviews over the last few days.

Reactions: Pete UK and jsteele
I have spent hours on this looking through threads. I think it is safe to say it's the newer larger battery (not the special new ones 4680s). So the range will be what is on the website now, which is great news indeed. Legend for sharing, the only question now is why some say 79kwh and some say 82kwh. I think it's a designation question between usable and total and I think they are the same. I think again that the usable is 79kwh which is based on my thread reviews over the last few days.
I think this video might explain the discrepancy. It would appear the battery size is 82.1 kWh but the "nominal full pack" prior to a software update was 79.2 kWh. What I find interesting about this video is that it would appear that Tesla increased the size of the battery a while ago (in the US at least) but only relatively recently allowed owners to access the additional capacity with a software update (hence the range increases):

Legend for sharing, the only question now is why some say 79kwh and some say 82kwh. I think it's a designation question between usable and total and I think they are the same. I think again that the usable is 79kwh which is based on my thread reviews over the last few days.
79 kWh is the nominal capacity. The buffer is around 3.5 kWh so you have around 75.5 kWh usable between 100 and 0%. You aren't advised to try and use the 3.5 kWh buffer below 0%.

Reactions: thewanted