Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s only got the LEZ/ULEZ zone, not for congestion charge zone.

Found this on drive electric website:

Until you receive confirmation that your application is successful, you should continue to pay the daily Congestion Charge in full for travel within the charging zone. This can take up to 10 working days. Not paying during this time will results in penalties.

That’s correct and the fine is £160 I think.
£80 if paid within a set time.

One more thing to note is that you have to renew and pay the £10 exemption every year !

Until 2025, then we all have to pay full price again 🤦🏻‍♂️

Placed my order Nov 1st '21. Just got a VIN assigned. I missed it a couple of times as some parts of the source code still say vin:null. However there is a place where the proper vin is apparent in the source code. I used this Tesla Chrome Plugin which found the VIN for me. I also have an estimated delivery of March 15th-29th in my account. Still no confirmation text or anything asking to arrange delivery.

It’s all a money making exercise. They rely on you making mistakes to get more.
We were only warned about it by friends that just drove their Tesla’s into London thinking they don’t have to pay or do anything.
Both got fined. And fined the next day, and the next….
You can’t even check to see if you went into the zone or not.
Even though my car isn’t in their system yet, I’m sure they’d manage to send me the fine.

Last edited:
According to this article the Y5LD battery manufactured by LG that is being used in Europe is 82kWh. I don't think the exact capacity matters - the important thing is that we are getting more range!
Agreed, definitely more range than the 75 kWh battery. What is is however is smaller than the 82 kWh Panasonic battery. I believe the Panasonic battery shows a nominal capacity of 80 to 81 kWh, whereas the LG one shows around 79 kWh.

It is the reason the M3 Performance range decreased recently as Tesla is moving away from the Panasonic battery to the LG one for China made M3Ps.

Agreed, definitely more range than the 75 kWh battery. What is is however is smaller than the 82 kWh Panasonic battery. I believe the Panasonic battery shows a nominal capacity of 80 to 81 kWh, whereas the LG one shows around 79 kWh.

It is the reason the M3 Performance range decreased recently as Tesla is moving away from the Panasonic battery to the LG one for China made M3Ps.
Thanks, keep getting 79 then 82 between different members. The research on this thread and the videos and data sheets the new model is 82kw by LG as my best guess. With 79 usable.

I don't understand the circular discussion on battery capacity.

If you've already bought one, are you going to sell it or send it back over 3Kw?
If you've not already bought one, are you going to buy a different car over 3Kw?

It really doesn't matter.

Different battery chemistry I can maybe understand, if it means faster charging or different behaviours (100% vs 80% charging regularly etc). The rest just appears to be a total waste of time.

Just drive the thing :)

I don't understand the circular discussion on battery capacity.

If you've already bought one, are you going to sell it or send it back over 3Kw?
If you've not already bought one, are you going to buy a different car over 3Kw?

It really doesn't matter.

Different battery chemistry I can maybe understand, if it means faster charging or different behaviours (100% vs 80% charging regularly etc). The rest just appears to be a total waste of time.

Just drive the thing :)

people like to be reassured they're not missing out on something others will have. Especially if there is a transition of spec like with the ryzen processor, and the larger battery on the LR.

Reactions: Tomlkj
people like to be reassured they're not missing out on something others will have. Especially if there is a transition of spec like with the ryzen processor, and the larger battery on the LR.

That would make some sense if you could change your battery, determine which one you get when you buy or know Tesla's future roadmap for implementation. You can't do any of those.

Ultimately, this pawing over the smallest spec change causes people who invest a significant amount of money to be needlessly anxious over their purchase decision, delaying it for a perceived benefit. In reality, though for 99.9% of these changes, it's just a waste of time.

A great example would be the recent fervour over the rear glass. Some people suggesting delaying their vehicle or being unhappy with a £60k purchase over the existence (or not) of that feature. It's bizarre.

That would make some sense if you could change your battery, determine which one you get when you buy or know Tesla's future roadmap for implementation. You can't do any of those.

Ultimately, this pawing over the smallest spec change causes people who invest a significant amount of money to be needlessly anxious over their purchase decision, delaying it for a perceived benefit. In reality, though for 99.9% of these changes, it's just a waste of time.

A great example would be the recent fervour over the rear glass. Some people suggesting delaying their vehicle or being unhappy with a £60k purchase over the existence (or not) of that feature. It's bizarre.

while it may not make people return the car, it can simply be an emotional response if they feel they got less than they expected/hoped - nothing more than that. Amplified by the way Tesla seem to obfuscate quite a lot of the technical specs that other makes publish freely (gross/net battery capacity, motor kw etc)

while it may not make people return the car, it can simply be an emotional response if they feel they got less than they expected/hoped - nothing more than that. Amplified by the way Tesla seem to obfuscate quite a lot of the technical specs that other makes publish freely (gross/net battery capacity, motor kw etc)

That's my point - emotional expectation over a non-disclosed spec is daft. They're non-disclosed because ultimately they're unimportant.

Lack of charging ports installed when they're a listed feature; super helpful for people to share their experience. That way, new owners can check theirs and set service appointments if they're not present or functioning correctly.

The feeling isn't amplified by Tesla, it's amplified by these kinds of needless speculations. Batteries is a particularly irritating one as most new owners seem to struggle with the stated vs real life range gap as is. Adding in speculation over 3% of battery capacity just confuses people and creates a pointless feeling of FOMO over something unconfirmed and unimportant.

Maybe when there's a flip of a coin between getting a 4680 battery Y and a 2170 battery Y, community information will be useful. I don't think that will be the case though as they'll be disclosed specs due to their importance.

Reactions: VX Foxy
Think it would be easier, yes.
But in the meantime you gotta pay it 😬

We were going into London twice at the weekend, so as I was expecting the original V5 in 5-10 days, thought i’d at least register the delivery reg (as it’s a free swap to a new number plate.
But our car wasn’t in the TFL database, so caused all sorts of problems.
Then 20mins after I applied for the exemption, the new V5 landed on the doormat 🤦🏻‍♂️
It’s a bit of a mess, now (on the TFL side) as now neither the old or new reg are recognised!
I guess eventually TFL will have the new in the system. Then we can swap it (and wait another 10 days!)
So, yeah probably best to wait. 👍🏻
I'm wondering if the DVLA doesn't update their external-access system for a while after sending out the V5 OR whether TFL only bothers accessing the DVLA database once a week (or fortnight or month). It would be interesting to hear how long it takes anyone to get exemption from CC if they are not juggling reg numbers...