Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I will collect my Y in red tomorrow at Bluewater. I was wondering if it would be ok to go a bit earlier or if they expect customers to be there at the exact collection time. Do I need to check-in at the Tesla store in Bluewater or just go straight to the car park?
As I will get a taxi, which level is collection car park?
I would expect all this info to be provided by TESLA, but unfortunately nothing was shared by them. I still have doubts if the car will be at Bluewater. Although my chosen location, they never confirmed in writing the location, only verbally over the phone.
Go straight to the car park, it’s right by the chargers. We arrived 45 mins early at Bluewater and it wasn’t a problem. The process only took a few minutes, I can’t see why they wouldn’t let you, there were over 100 cars ready for pickup.

Use this link for the exact location ///target.goals.jumped

Reactions: Pau1 and jjluke
Hi, I will collect my Y in red tomorrow at Bluewater. I was wondering if it would be ok to go a bit earlier or if they expect customers to be there at the exact collection time.

I am going to go 30 minutes early

Do I need to check-in at the Tesla store in Bluewater or just go straight to the car park?

Straight to car park... apparently lonely Tesla man sitting at desk.
As I will get a taxi, which level is collection car park?

I am planning to the car park with the superchargers... Bluewater has a map on website
I would expect all this info to be provided by TESLA, but unfortunately nothing was shared by them. I still have doubts if the car will be at Bluewater. Although my chosen location, they never confirmed in writing the location, only verbally over the phone.
It should be on your account... Showing monies paid and telling you to bring driving license and proof of payment etc.

Reactions: jjluke
I've been offered 2 collection dates - 16th and 17th March - and I can't make either of them. I can't find any way of contacting Tesla to change the dates. Anyone know what happens when I don't select one?
I had the same thing - offered two dates later this month in Southampton but I'm away on holiday. I emailed them at [email protected] telling them the first date that I was back and they replied in 24 hours giving me a 11.00am collection time on my first available day. Said I could possibly have home delivery instead but since I wasn't sure whether it would be trailered or driven, I've chosen to collect.

Hi all. Finally received reg plate and collection date set for 15th March @ bluewater. Midnight Silver, white int, 19" Gemini wheels. One question, I see lots of people buying floor mats for their cars. Are you saying that a car that costs near on £60k doesn't even come with floor mats?!?
Wow i am collecting from the same date and location. My appointment is 2.30pm

I had the same thing - offered two dates later this month in Southampton but I'm away on holiday. I emailed them at [email protected] telling them the first date that I was back and they replied in 24 hours giving me a 11.00am collection time on my first available day. Said I could possibly have home delivery instead but since I wasn't sure whether it would be trailered or driven, I've chosen to collect.
I had the same issue - couldn’t pickup any of the offered times. I called and was offered the full 7 days they have in the T&Cs to pickup, but couldn’t make those either. Opted for a home delivery (they are on trailers) instead.

I’d be very interested to know how it compares to the Model Y - I very, very nearly bought an X3 M40i before deciding to go electric.
Will keep you posted on the ride comfort after a couple of days.

I tended to drive the X in Sport mode and based on my test drive it is as firm as the MY.

It does have a Parcel Shelf & Apple Car Play :D (this was a topic a few weeks ago)

Yes I think I will miss the engine note.

Picture of my X3 before it goes to Southampton BMW dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_4137.JPG
    IMG_4137.JPG
    998.1 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: DM206433
So, 1 day in from receiving my MYLR (Silver/Black) and I am delighted. I had a M3LR (Black/Silver) last year so I knew what I was getting, mostly. Some observations:

• Ordering Dec 16th and getting delivery 2nd March with a few texts in between was painless.
  • AnyVan delivery service was spot on. Good comms and clean, undamaged car delivered.
  • All panels and gaps are good.
  • Cables and USB stick present and the wireless chargers and USBc ports all work
  • The colour is fantastic, love the silver. Interior in black and I really like it. I had white previously which I loved but I guess, now that I've scratched that itch, a more sensible black suits!
  • The display layout is different and much better than I remembered. Love it.
  • Boombox and Light show are fun but will go the same way as farting did on my previous one...fun for a few days and then never used!
  • Road noise and cabin noise is very low. Impressed.
  • I bought wee stickers for the "open door" button on doors as I needed them on my M3...bad buy as no need on this. They are there already.
  • Interior feels much more "substantial" and better quality than on my M3 of 2020
  • Boot space is enormous and no parcel shelf needed as glass is dark and there is a big, covered lower trunk space to use.
  • The side bins in the boot are huge...easily get boots/trainers in there and more. No need for the accessory bins imo though.
  • App took about 6 hours to appear but all good once it did.
  • I bought floor mats from Carmelo which simply don't fit. Bad buy. Beware. The all weather ones from Bouget RV that I had for my M3 were brilliant.
  • I bought the EVlution rubber trunk mat which fits brilliantly. Good buy.
  • The centre console tray accessory makes a big difference. Good buy.
  • Acceleration is just as I remembered...mad!
  • Feels much more spacious inside and the extra height helps.
  • There's a plastic edge cover on rear view mirror that you might not notice...until you do! remove it, looks miles better!
I had written myself a little checklist of Day 1 things to do so here it is...lots of personal preference stuff obviously!

• Set up driver profile (seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc)
  • Set up EZ entry profile
  • Link to home wifi for updates
  • Update software
  • Make sure walk away locking is on
  • Set PIN to drive
  • Set glovebox PIN
  • Set home on Sat Nav, set work on Sat Nav
  • Turn off voice guidance on Sat Nav
  • Give your car a name!!
  • Buy some microfibre cloths
  • Fit screen protector.

Hope that helps someone!
Its worth checking that the usb stick is in the glovebox. Mine was missing.

Reactions: hairysteve
I tended to drive the X in Sport mode and based on my test drive it is as firm as the MY.

Yes I think I will miss the engine note.
The B58 is just a masterpiece, no two ways about it. Absolutely solid, amazing sound, incredible performance and easy to work on. I do believe that given the way BMW is transitioning, it or the S55 may well go down as peak BMW ICE performance engineering unless they squeeze a new one in over the next few years.

Reactions: hairysteve