Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - been lurking around here for a while..

Collected from Bluewater today - Model Y Grey/Black/Genimi's

Had a 10.30 appointment, arrived at 9.50 and it was dead quiet, just the two guys at the desk. Showed driving licence, was given an envelope and told to go find car in row S. Very very basic handover but all fine. They switch the hazard lights on remotely to help you find the car.

Now I have researched the car to death and consumed the user manuals in the last few days but nothing prepared me for the next bit. Me and the wife spent what seemed like ages trying to work out how to get the damn hazard lights to switch off!! After pressing every screen option searching, I gave up and asked google - who knew! The switch is above your head... we felt right royally stupid :)

Anyway - 31% charge - banged it on the supercharger (looked like an amateur again). First I couldn't release the plug from the charger (didn't pull hard enough) then it wouldn't fit the car.. There are two different leads..

30 mins later I was on my way and am now a Tesla expert!

Car seems fine - only issue was two badly fitted wheel covers with bent clips which i have straightened out..

Also had to change insurance again, work holiday, child care etc..
I spent this afternoon doing the same
Hi All - been lurking around here for a while..

Collected from Bluewater today - Model Y Grey/Black/Genimi's

Had a 10.30 appointment, arrived at 9.50 and it was dead quiet, just the two guys at the desk. Showed driving licence, was given an envelope and told to go find car in row S. Very very basic handover but all fine. They switch the hazard lights on remotely to help you find the car.

Now I have researched the car to death and consumed the user manuals in the last few days but nothing prepared me for the next bit. Me and the wife spent what seemed like ages trying to work out how to get the damn hazard lights to switch off!! After pressing every screen option searching, I gave up and asked google - who knew! The switch is above your head... we felt right royally stupid :)

Anyway - 31% charge - banged it on the supercharger (looked like an amateur again). First I couldn't release the plug from the charger (didn't pull hard enough) then it wouldn't fit the car.. There are two different leads..

30 mins later I was on my way and am now a Tesla expert!

Car seems fine - only issue was two badly fitted wheel covers with bent clips which i have straightened out..
Did you happen to see a bashed up white one with black wheels ;)

Blimey, just took a test drive in a Y and it's virtually impossible to see anything in the rear view mirror (size of back window and tinting). Lucky I drove a bus in my youth!
Ye that was the first thing I noticed when driving. Not an issue, but noticeable vs the Model 3.

I also didn't realise how big it was.

Attachments

• 20220306_142029.jpg
    20220306_142029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
Reactions: Tomlkj
Blimey, just took a test drive in a Y and it's virtually impossible to see anything in the rear view mirror (size of back window and tinting). Lucky I drove a bus in my youth!
A bit like that for me, but different - I've been driving crew cab pick-ups for 20 years so never look through the back window normally - I look in the rear view mirror of the MY and think 'my god - I can see'!