Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say what am amazing journey I've had on my way to my MYLR. Ordered 4 Feb (after having a M3 on order for a while) picked it up last Saturday, 12 March at Bluewater. Got there at 8.30ish as I was too excited to wait for my 9.30 slot. Car has been faultless, process with Tesla themselves fantastic. I had one very small alignment issue with the rear door which a Ranger is coming out to fix... . Today I've been going through the 19in gemini wheel options, and settled for the Rimetrix which arrived direct, after paying customs duty. Thought I'd share the wheels all in one place so everyone can see it. I thought the Geminis were better in the flesh, loved the alloys underneath but felt they make the wheels look too small and super happy with the Laminar. Got some cheap stickers to go over the top and I think I'm happy now!
Did they let you collect it before 9.30? Thanks!

Collected my model y from trafford centre not a single fault with the car awesome service will post more pics shortly only collected 29 percent battery but got me home

Attachments

• 3E69BE32-EF80-48DC-A6CC-E28B5BB91F78.jpeg
    3E69BE32-EF80-48DC-A6CC-E28B5BB91F78.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 1FB4EB4F-F804-47A6-8D17-831E2CB1F9CB.jpeg
    1FB4EB4F-F804-47A6-8D17-831E2CB1F9CB.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 70
Finally picked up MYLR today. Midnight silver, white interior, 19" Gemini's. Word of warning, the PPF was missing from my car. Tesla rep did not mention anything about it when I signed but when I noticed they weren't there, I went back and he admitted that some cars are arriving without them. Had I not known that there should be PPF then I doubt they would have said anything so a bit annoyed about that. Anyway, service call placed and mobile tech will come and fit in about 10 days.

I live in South West London but have been allocated a delivery location for my MYLR of Bluewater in Kent which is a real pain for me to get to.
Does anyone know if Guildford or Heathrow are eligible delivery locations, or anything west of London that avoids having to traverse across london to get to Kent!?

I live in South West London but have been allocated a delivery location for my MYLR of Bluewater in Kent which is a real pain for me to get to.
Does anyone know if Guildford or Heathrow are eligible delivery locations, or anything west of London that avoids having to traverse across london to get to Kent!?
They do collections from Brent Cross shopping centre, at least they did in September when I collected my TM3

They do collections from Brent Cross shopping centre, at least they did in September when I collected my TM3
Sadly it says Brent Cross is permanently closed now. I picked up my M3P from West Drayton in Sept 2019 but that location seems doesnt seem to do deliveries anymore either annoyingly, neither does Westfield which is really close to me!

Has anyone had a positive experience with home delivery? Bit concerned about dealing with a potential problem on the driveway rather than in an official delivery centre...

Last edited:
Sadly it says Brent Cross is permanently closed now. I picked up my M3P from West Drayton in Sept 2019 but that location seems doesnt seem to do deliveries anymore either annoyingly, neither does Westfield which is really close to me!

Has anyone had a positive experience with home delivery? Bit concerned about dealing with a potential problem on the driveway rather than in an official delivery centre...
Train or uber doesn’t look too bad for you mate. I had to get a train from Norwich to liverpool street, then an uber to bluewater!

I’m doing this trip on the 25th from kingston. Probably getting an Uber!

If you get the option then home delivery is a good choice. Any issue and you take pics in the app and Tesla will resolve, the delivery person won’t/can’t help as they are just a courier.

You definitely cannot pick up from Guildford it’s too small to accommodate collections.

I'd call them up and arrange for a home delivery (as long as you don't have a trade in), its a complimentary service, I did the same, car is arriving tomorrow.

Collected my model y from trafford centre not a single fault with the car awesome service will post more pics shortly only collected 29 percent battery but got me home
Looks like you’ve been busy with the plates and the spoiler already.
Where did you get the spoiler from? Cost?
I’m thinking of getting one, as I’ve already opened the boot lid into the roof of a multi-storey car park 😬 - no damage luckily.

Not sure if you’d notice the spoiler on my black paint though.

Tesla cancelled my Southampton 13:00 Model Y pickup last night. Apparently the car is damaged. I hope this doesn't affect anyone else here. They said they would call back last night with a new date but you know how Tesla are to deal with so of course they did not.

Super disappointed and now will either have to rent a car or catch the bus to work as we sold our M3 yesterday in anticipation. Going from a model 3 / model y to the bus is a hell of a downgrade. Not that Tesla care, they have our money, why would they?

Do I have any rights here or do I just have to take it on the chin?