Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update, just spoken to them, they have found me another car the same spec that’s sat at the NEC, I can get it tomorrow…… hurray!
Picked up the new Y today, all good apart from the PPF, a scratch on the inside of the windscreen and a few surface scratches on the paintwork. Nothing a ranger visit cant sort hopefully.
First thing I did was remove the plastic cover from the mirror!
The trade in of the 3 was super easy, they did not even look at it or check if I had left the accessories in there (Left it all, as I got it)

Picked up the new Y today, all good apart from the PPF, a scratch on the inside of the windscreen and a few surface scratches on the paintwork. Nothing a ranger visit cant sort hopefully.
First thing I did was remove the plastic cover from the mirror!
The trade in of the 3 was super easy, they did not even look at it or check if I had left the accessories in there (Left it all, as I got it)
I thought I had a couple of scratches on the windscreen - turn out I didn’t. Give it a good scrub with a little window cleaner. Came off now problem.

I thought I had a couple of scratches on the windscreen - turn out I didn’t. Give it a good scrub with a little window cleaner. Came off now problem.

Yeah it’s residue left from the factory stickers

Ill give that a go when it stops raining, cheers

As expected, you guys were right, it was sticker residue! I could have sworn it was a deep scratch!

Bristol have rang, I need to pop in for them to look at the few little bodywork marks and the PPF.

Reactions: Maka344 and teaston
Afternoon all, first post.
Thought this would be a good spot to throw my hat in the ring. Ordered a MY in Feb following a test drive out of Stratford, which was my first time driving any kind of EV. I have a delivery window of May 8 - 22 and really looking forward to it, all be it a little nervously.
Good choice mate! Hopefully the factory closure won’t affect you delivery window!

Afternoon all, first post.
Thought this would be a good spot to throw my hat in the ring. Ordered a MY in Feb following a test drive out of Stratford, which was my first time driving any kind of EV. I have a delivery window of May 8 - 22 and really looking forward to it, all be it a little nervously.
Hope your ETA holds true. Just curious, when did you order? I ordered a MYLR on 18 Feb, and now being told July/Aug 😞. Patience is a virtue I guess!

Have you completed all of your pre-delivery steps? Once I had it was only a couple of days before I was matched to a car. I also pestered my local SA to put a note on my file that I wanted the car ASAP.
I have - I think the issue is that I transferred my RN to a leasing company as now doing salary sacrifice. Seems that has shoved me down the queue, even though I paid the deposit in Feb to avoid this very issue. However, I'll drain YouTube of all Tesla content in the intervening months, enjoy Mr Miserable's shipping updates etc. to pass the time. 🙅‍♂️

I have - I think the issue is that I transferred my RN to a leasing company as now doing salary sacrifice. Seems that has shoved me down the queue, even though I paid the deposit in Feb to avoid this very issue. However, I'll drain YouTube of all Tesla content in the intervening months, enjoy Mr Miserable's shipping updates etc. to pass the time. 🙅‍♂️
Yeah leasing seems to cause a lot of delays. Have you watched the Munro teardown videos of teh MY on youtube? I'm watching them for a second time, just to get myself fully familiarised before my collection on Thursday! 😂

• Helpful
Reactions: DrPhlegm