Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The M3 wheels will not be suitable - at least not with their standard tyre fitment as the tyres are smaller diameter than those fitted to the MY. So you would have to find an 18" tyre with a higher profile to compensate.
Yeah, you would need to fit 235/55 tyres rather than the standard 235/45 to be within an acceptable tolerance, but it would give you comfort from the extra sidewall height.

Also the MY wheels are 1" wider than the M3, you cannot comfortably put 255 tyres on the M3 rims.

Reactions: Peteski
Hey all. New to the forum and just saying hello really.

Ended up test driving a model y, 3 and mustang mach e today. Had expected to prefer the Ford from my prior research but after my test drives the model y proved my strong favourite.

Have now gone ahead and placed my order. Ended up going for the long range in white without extras. I got very tempted to take the 20" wheels purely because delivery fir those are estimated for July rather than September which I got fir the 19". While I prefer the look of the bigger wheels I understand there aren't really many other benefits, although happy to hear otherwise if anyone has a good reason to go for them?

Anyway, just saying hello really and joining the long list of you waiting for your model y!

Reactions: pault1981 and Silox
I prefer the look of the bigger wheels I understand there aren't really many other benefits

Some complaints of harsh ride in the MY, if you are driving rural / potmarked roads the smaller ones almost certainly better.

Had expected to prefer the Ford from my prior research but after my test drives the model y proved my strong favourite.

If you are going to go anywhere, out-of-range, you'll be glad you have access to the Supercharger network, rather than relying on 3rd party charging which is almost universally dreadful.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArunG
I have a model 3 performance and I’m trading in for the Y. This time I won’t be going for the turbines as they mark and damage so easily and the cost of repair isn’t cheap. Even hitting the slighted hole in the road will damage your turbines doesn’t matter how carefull you are it will happen. The turbines make the car look stunning but as I said at a cost. I know a lot of Model 3 performance owners and all of them, yes all of them have had damage to their turbines. I’m going to get the standard wheels sprayed in black I think they will look a lot better

Hi all, I’ve ordered through a lease so not had any dates yet. I ordered on 31/03/22 so I’ve been keeping an eye dates from you guys who ordered around the same time for EDD around end May / June.

Does that seem reasonable to you all? (Obvs just a guide as you never know till you know with Tesla).

Mine has just shifted two weeks there now !!
Gone from may 13th to may 29th... Inevitable I guess, still sucks !!!!
Yup, my EDD has also just shifted from '15th May-12th June' to '5th - 30th June. But was as expected and just a pain that will need to get my trade in revalued now 😔 But fingers crossed (and everything else possible) that the factory does open up next week and these new June dates stick 🤞🙂

Reactions: Andyb5