Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what flexibility there is in the pickup dates? Like most on here my EDD (confirmed by text, woohoo !) is June. However, work is now conspiring against me and June is filling up with transatlantic travel :( Am now worried I'll be away for the assigned date. Do folks know if they will let you pick it up a few days either side or if it has to be on the assigned day ? Am not hopeful, but thought I'd ask...

Anyone know what flexibility there is in the pickup dates? Like most on here my EDD (confirmed by text, woohoo !) is June. However, work is now conspiring against me and June is filling up with transatlantic travel :( Am now worried I'll be away for the assigned date. Do folks know if they will let you pick it up a few days either side or if it has to be on the assigned day ? Am not hopeful, but thought I'd ask...
I have heard differing accounts. Really the only authority in this regards is Tesla because in the absence of a stated policy "past performance is no guarantee of future attitudes'. To paraphrase WanabeOwner's response when this was raised recently: If it's early in the month they maybe more accommodating than during the last days of the quarter.

I have exactly the same worry, as long as there can be flexibility within the week and they don't mind me coming direct from the airport it should be ok..

Genuine qs why aren't there more black exterior and white interiors???

Is it cos that combo doesn't look good and I'm the minority who loves it or just genuine price

This was probably my second choice. If it was a metallic black I may have gone for it, but to pay over £1k extra for a flat black just grates too much, plus it is the worst for swirls/scratches and keeping clean. When I ordered my current Tesla, black was free and White multi coat a £1500 extra. Looks mint when looked after properly and cleaned though :)

We went to the local delivery centre and had a look at all the colours, and honestly preferred the white to all others as the contrast with all the black bits looks good to me. Blue was ruled out as my current colour and wanted a change. All personal opinion at the end of the day.

Reactions: frasax
This was probably my second choice. If it was a metallic black I may have gone for it, but to pay over £1k extra for a flat black just grates too much, plus it is the worst for swirls/scratches and keeping clean. When I ordered my current Tesla, black was free and White multi coat a £1500 extra. Looks mint when looked after properly and cleaned though :)

We went to the local delivery centre and had a look at all the colours, and honestly preferred the white to all others as the contrast with all the black bits looks good to me. Blue was ruled out as my current colour and wanted a change. All personal opinion at the end of the day.
makes sense! any tips on cleaning/looking after it properly? i really want it to look spick and span as u said 'mint' aha, and that's the one i saw in the showroom with the white and grey.
Grey looked slick too however I currently have a grey car and I wanted to change it up. Conversely I find the contrast with the inside being white amazing :)

I have exactly the same worry, as long as there can be flexibility within the week and they don't mind me coming direct from the airport it should be ok..
In theory yes they will let you move it a few days later. Up to a week they told me when I collected 6 weeks from the end of the month on a day with 1 other delivery from that site that day.
But in practice if they are trying to deliver 10,000 cars in 10days you may find that not to be the case if all the other days are already full to capacity.

Exactly same delivery window as me

I expect everyone has got "June" (except people who have had no indication ... would not normally expect any deliveries in July [the recent Shanghai lockdown excepted])

A ship leaving Shanghai is a month to get here. So if it sails in the next day or two that will enable deliveries at start of June. And typically no sales after the end of the Quarter - i.e. end June. So after that August/September would be the normal delivery period for Q3.

if all the other days are already full to capacity

Dunno if it still happens but I do remember "Can you collect today" texts ... which was maybe to bring people forward to fill in gaps for people who were pushing back? Speculation on my part though ...

Blinking FSD cars should be delivering themselves by now ... I'll get my coat!

Reactions: Wattsisname
makes sense! any tips on cleaning/looking after it properly? i really want it to look spick and span as u said 'mint' aha, and that's the one i saw in the showroom with the white and grey.
Grey looked slick too however I currently have a grey car and I wanted to change it up. Conversely I find the contrast with the inside being white amazing :)
Hi, @frasax. There are a plethora of YouTube videos on how to properly care for cars in general and some for Teslas in particular. If you have a garage, you are already ahead of game. I will probably take mine directly to a detailing firm for a "New Car Treatment" to rid it of swirls and general contamination. Let there be at least one day when it is in mint condition🙂

Hi, @frasax. There are a plethora of YouTube videos on how to properly care for cars in general and some for Teslas in particular. If you have a garage, you are already ahead of game. I will probably take mine directly to a detailing firm for a "New Car Treatment" to rid it of swirls and general contamination. Let there be at least one day when it is in mint condition🙂
ty mate!

Ideally get paint correction and ceramic coating. Then it's just a case of a quick wash regularly to keep it looking mint! I had my 3 done, and it really does make washing it easier.

I agree re the white seats. I've currently got Blue with White in my M3 (which still look great after almost 3 years) , but gone full on White with white for the MY.