Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had their text to collect a white/black/gemini version? I can see quite a few white/white/geminis and white/black/20s but not many of the default spec, but not everyone has their signature updated. My June EDD still hasn't moved but with no VIN match isn't looking very likely now. The money is burning a hole in my pocket just sat waiting in my account, I shouldn't have rushed to organise my finances so quickly!
Yes, collecting mine 27 June. Ordered back in Feb.

Definitely something not quite right. I wonder if ALD don’t pre order maybe like Lex or Zen where they perhaps pre order a bunch of different combinations 3-6 months in advance
Lex didn’t pre order mine, I got the “we have received your order” direct from Tesla a few days after placing the order with Alex.

In the sense that if your financing company isn't efficient with Tesla then, yes, they may well be "2nd choice" - Tesla want completed orders by end of quarter, and anything that is likely to prevent that would be taken into consideration - as well as anything that would guarantee it - along with anything that improves Margin (no news in UK that EAP / FSD influences allocation, but in USA adding FSD will definitely get you an earlier delivery ...)

For a comparison you need to compare everything. Model / Colour / Trim / Wheels / any optional-extras / Collection location or delivery / Financing method/company / Customer profile / etc. Any of those could vary the delivery date - e.g. collection location overloaded ... or not enough transporters available, or the transporters could run shorter trips to deliver more cars to collection centre closer to the port. All that is likely taken into account by allocation algorithm.

Tesla should have an "Unallocated/Pending" status instead - which is probably what "May" is. Looks like they are also using "July" for a different form of unallocated. Both of these might mean "if we have any June delivery cancellations" ... or they might mean that some human intervention has been used to park them there, and thus they are holding for some later batch allocation to happen.
Thanks - pretty much ruled out the spec/location part as identical spec vehicles (with no software extras) for much later orders are being collected from the same location already.

The only factor that seems to be the potential issue is the finance provider - ALD are supposedly a Tesla 'preferred partner' and are the provider the Tesla website pushes you too - just seems it has a negative impact at delivery stage :(

Reactions: WannabeOwner
MYLR / Black / Black / 20 - Ordered Mid March.

Ordered through Sal Sac at work, Zenith. Tried to get a tiny nugget of information out of the famous ‘Emma’ via the web chat.

Didn’t give me much, as expected due to fact that updates are direct to Zenith and then they update me. In a nutshell, she said that they are waiting for the final details from Zenith and then Tesla can communicate direct with me.

I asked if a car was allocated or not..

Replied with the same response.. but repeated that until zenith confirm some final details, they can’t communicate directly until that’s done. I’m praying it’s confirmation to proceed with delivery or something.

Anyone else who’s used Zenith had any more information / texts from Tesla except the initial order text with your RN number?

Dying to know if I’m expecting a car this quarter or next. 😅😅

Congrats to those who have delivery dates to 👏🏻👏🏻
I ordered MYLR MSM Black 19 from Zenith on Sal Sac mid march, got my RN on the 29th. EDD July 22

Depends on what mood 'Emma' is in, when I asked the first time I got the same response as you. When I asked yesterday she confirmed my EDD remained July (not sure how because Tesla don't normally deliver in July, but we live in eternal hope 😁).

Otherwise when I have spoken with Zenith I just get the same. They did confirm to me that I was not one of the lucky few that got a VIN this time round 😭

So congrats to those lucky few, I guess we keep waiting and hoping that they continue deliveries to try and clear the backlog.

Reactions: ShuggyShaw
Just had the following text from tesla -

Tesla Action Required - Your Model Y is due for delivery on Friday, 24 June. Deliveries are made between 8 am and the end of the day. Reply with your full address to receive confirmation of your delivery. Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.

Leasing via LEX
Looks like we have come up trumps using Lex, they seem to be getting allocated much quicker than the rest of the leasing co's!

I ordered my MYLR/Blue/Black/19 in late Feb and received today (Friday) the SMS and email to schedule the delivery slot in Staines. The options I got were 28-29-30 June and it was not possible to move it earlier (and no options for July). I got an SMS on Wednesday saying that the car "is on the way", so it is a pretty good indication for anyone waiting for a VIN or delivery slot. Good luck to anyone waiting!

Stupid question: do you know if the cars are still delivered with a mobile charger? I really need one and they are all sold out on Tesla's website. Thanks!